: FG2 Struts/Shocks

VELOSE
05-03-06, 03:31 PM
Anyone have a new set of FG2's laying around?

Kadonny
05-03-06, 04:14 PM
Just laying around?

I hope not :p

These shocks are way to good not to be installed.

Florian
05-03-06, 04:20 PM
If there are sets available, Id like a set as well.

F

OldRoadDawg
05-03-06, 05:07 PM

F
Yeah . . that worn out ol' V of yours probably needs them by now. :histeric:

rand49er
05-03-06, 05:53 PM

F:yeah:

wildwhl
05-03-06, 08:21 PM
Good luck, guys. Even used and abused FG2's will fetch $600+ in my experience.

WW

rand49er
05-03-06, 11:05 PM
Slight thread jack: If FG2s are so difficult to come by (unless you lay down sufficient cash), what are our alternatives? Does anyone else make something comparable?

VELOSE
05-04-06, 12:56 AM
Mallett-Penske non-adjustable struts/shocks (full car set) $2,314.00

Also....QA1 Struts and shocks. Don't know where you can get those. RGD has a set of these on his car. It has a good ride. Easy to adjust dampening. IMO, I almost think the FG2's are just as good. You can get FG2's for $1200 new from www.gmpartsdirect.com.

rand49er
05-04-06, 08:24 AM
I'm suffering from a modest moratorium on mod money, so I'll have to put the FG2s on my wish list.

Thanks.

OldRoadDawg
05-04-06, 08:56 AM
I'm suffering from a modest moratorium on mod money, so I'll have to put the FG2s on my wish list.

Thanks. The wife finally caught you with your hand in the cookie jar? :histeric:
When the UPS guy was dropping off another set of rims yesterday my wife was standing there . . "I didn't know you ordered those."
"Well . . uh . . I mentioned it a while back." :hide:

rand49er
05-04-06, 09:14 AM
The wife finally caught you with your hand in the cookie jar? :histeric:
When the UPS guy was dropping off another set of rims yesterday my wife was standing there . . "I didn't know you ordered those."
"Well . . uh . . I mentioned it a while back." :hide::histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

I'm sitting here with a big grin right now!!!

My wife saw the big box with my Kooks headers on the front porch last February and mentioned it. BUT, since UPS confuses our house with the neighbors' all the time, I was able to avoid lying to her (which, BTW, I would never do). I just let it drop. But, your reply to your wife is about what I'd say!!! :highfive:

Same thing happened when she got in my car with no headrests (they had been sent to get embroidered). "Where's your headrests?" "Uh ... they're in the basement." Which was true except for the covering. She didn't persist, and I left it alone. :worship:

There's a B&M story, a Corsa story, and a Hotchkis story ... but, alas, let's move on ...

BadCad
05-04-06, 11:33 AM
you guys are too funny - i guess i know who wear the pants at some v households.

as for me, i always get any mods shipped to my brother's house.

cash
05-04-06, 12:13 PM
I get my stuff sent to work but the dam C.C. statemant goes home!!

How would these FG2 compare to QA1?

I am assuming both do not need the spacers that are needed with nivomat shocks?

Luna.
05-04-06, 05:10 PM
you guys are too funny - i guess i know who wear the pants at some v households.

as for me, i always get any mods shipped to my brother's house.

:histeric:

Now we know your household as well!

rand49er
05-04-06, 05:16 PM
:histeric:

Now we know your household as well!:histeric:

Geez, I don't feel like I'm in the minority anymore. :highfive:

VELOSE
05-05-06, 03:27 AM
I've been pretty good about conceiling the mods but this past week she discovered a few things. She asked, "what's this?" Its for the V. "How much was it?" A little under $50. "You and your cars! Why can't you leave them alone?":bigroll: Don't worry hotness, your Coach purse is in the mail. Then she's happy.:thumbsup: