: Socal CTS/ CTS-V meet this SATURDAY

ctsvett
05-02-06, 11:27 PM
REMINDER:

This saturday is the CTS/ CTS-V meeting at A&A corvette in oxnard, ca...

details here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/club-cts-forum/72889-socal-cts-cts-v-meet-may.html

If you want to meet at 9:30 to caravan up (from the south bay LA area) I will be leaving from the 405/ inglewood onramp (in-n-out parking lot)... RSVP to me if you are going to meet at in-n-out so we know to wait!

Hope to see a bunch of you there...

Reed

theformer
05-03-06, 12:05 AM
Arrggg! Wish I could be there, but sadly (:)) I'll be on my way to Maui. I'm there for the next one though!

Luna.
05-03-06, 12:36 PM
I'll be there. :)

BadCad
05-03-06, 03:42 PM
I hope to see you at A&A....

blown black caddy
05-03-06, 03:53 PM
I hope to see you all there if I don't get force hired to work an extra shift on Saturday! :rant2:

heavymetals
05-03-06, 03:57 PM
I hope to see you all there if I don't get force hired to work an extra shift on Saturday! :rant2:

Well, you can either fill your tank or buy mod parts with the OT.:rolleyes:

Rikmyster
05-05-06, 07:36 PM
Well, you can either fill your tank or buy mod parts with the OT.:rolleyes:I do refinancing if anyone needs $$$ for fuel :stirpot:

(Above statement was NOT meant as a solicitation or offer to sell, refinance or any other business reason. Above statement is ONLY said in total JEST!)

Luna.
05-05-06, 08:31 PM
I sent you a PM Rik, but you have exceeded your limit!

ctsvett
05-07-06, 02:18 AM
Wow.... 13 V Cars (and a CTS) and 2 V owners present, but without their CTS-Vs... (not including an owner who decided not to participate in the picture)

I had a GREAT time today hanging out with everyone and meeting the new guys!

Here are some pictures. (click to enlarge)

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/socal5-06-1-s.jpg (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/socal5-06-1.jpg)
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/socal5-06-2-s.jpg (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/socal5-06-2.jpg)
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/socal5-06-3-s.jpg (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/socal5-06-3.jpg)
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/socal5-06-group-s.jpg (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/socal5-06-group.jpg)

I will see you guys at the next meet. If only we could get everyone to show up to an event, we could have like 20-30 Vs! Nametags next time (Everyone who was there, check your e-mail in-boxes for a socal CTS/CTS-V decoder ring)...

Reed

kali_cts03
05-07-06, 07:00 AM
It was a lot of fun!!! :thumbsup:

I know no one will have a problem picking out which ride was mine in the pictures....:)

Good meeting everyone!!!
:highfive:

Dennisscars
05-07-06, 11:42 AM
Great meeting everyone and checking out cars...

Burnout award goes to.......... Luna. :highfive:

51Fifty FYI - http://www.turbohoses.com/Hump.htm
H334 3 3/4"ID x 3"L 95MM

51PHFTY
05-07-06, 11:52 AM

51Fifty FYI - http://www.turbohoses.com/Hump.htm
H334 3 3/4"ID x 3"L 95MM

Ditto - great meeting everyone.

Luna was just trying to find that squeak - that's his story and he is sticking to it.

Thanks for the info and link Dennis - I put that hose back on at A & A and by the time I got home, it was off again!

See everyone at the next meet.

Marty

Dennisscars
05-07-06, 11:58 AM
I shared that with Brian way back when, but much like the correct belt routing sticker.... crickets chirping.....

blown black caddy
05-07-06, 12:37 PM
I'm glad got the chance to meet you all it was fun! It was cool to see that many CTS and CTS-V's all driving down the road. :thumbsup:

Ishminder
05-07-06, 01:34 PM
Was really a blast yesterday meeting everyone and cruising/eating/solving problems/and just having a lot of fun! Reed, thanks a lot for organizing the event, it was certainly a blast! For all the V's that showed up:thumbsup: and for the ones that didn't :thepan: . Now the question really is, can't we have another meet before August? It just seems so far away!

Luna.
05-07-06, 05:38 PM

:histeric: Shaddup you

Luna was just trying to find that squeak - that's his story and he is sticking to it.

Aye!! :)

Was fun fellas. Someone :thepan: Marty for leaving so damn early!

kali_cts03
05-07-06, 05:42 PM
Was really a blast yesterday meeting everyone and cruising/eating/solving problems/and just having a lot of fun! Reed, thanks a lot for organizing the event, it was certainly a blast! For all the V's that showed up:thumbsup: and for the ones that didn't :thepan: . Now the question really is, can't we have another meet before August? It just seems so far away!

Hey, don't forget about my car!!! :eek:

And I too think that we should get something in the works before August... definatly a great event!!!

Dennisscars
05-07-06, 05:55 PM
[quote=Luna.]:histeric: Shaddup you

Hey credit where credit due.. let's see bimmer boy lay down some rubber with 5 large adults crammed in the car..:bouncy: (assuming that you would actually do such a thing, which I'm sure you never would...)

Ishminder, Barak, kalicts03... 'bout time to step up to the force inducted world eh?

Dennisscars
05-07-06, 06:05 PM
Ya' know... we could fill up the performance driving school in August....:thepan: (july is just too bloody hot...)
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/clinic.htm

Anybody got any connections?... we need a sponsor to put one on just for the V community.. (and KaliCTS03)

heavymetals
05-07-06, 06:05 PM
I felt so out of place (NOT).

I did bring my T.P. V though.

By the way, those that got their V's dyno'd, post some results!

kali_cts03
05-07-06, 06:24 PM
Ya' know... we could fill up the performance driving school in August....:thepan: (july is just too bloody hot...)

Anybody got any connections?... we need a sponsor to put one on just for the V community.. (and KaliCTS03)

Thanks for looking out Dennis....
I would be interested so keep us posted!!! :thumbsup:

I felt so out of place (NOT).

I did bring my T.P. V though.

By the way, those that got their V's dyno'd, post some results!

Yeah, the TP-V is awsom!!! :thumbsup:

Since I was the only non-V there, here go my number of the Dyno: 207.08!!! (not too many people like that on the CTS forum, they say it can't be true..... :crybaby: me a river) I got my print out and that's that!!! :bouncy:

Ishminder
05-07-06, 07:12 PM
Hey, don't forget about my car!!! :eek:

I almost forgot you weren't a V, until I remembered the color, the missing V badge, the different rims, the cool colored interior, automatic tranny, and oh yeah the Dyno results!:) (I think there were a few compliments in there) Was fun cruising with you...I really liked the tinted windows and DRLights.

Dennis, I think I'm going to start looking into more Mods now(at least start saving up)...after riding in the maggied V...my V felt like driving a regular CTS back home (no offense Kali_cts03). Keep us updated on the track events, it sounds like it would be a blast!

By the way Kali_cts03, good job on the results! Remember the more it looks like a V, the more HP you get! :rolleyes: Its like the ricers.."the more stickers, the more HP."

Luna.
05-07-06, 07:15 PM
Hey credit where credit due.. let's see bimmer boy lay down some rubber with 5 large adults crammed in the car..:bouncy: (assuming that you would actually do such a thing, which I'm sure you never would...)

LOL--that was pretty funny looking... :)

Ishminder
05-07-06, 07:51 PM
LOL--that was pretty funny looking... :)
Easy for you to say. You were in the front. I was the one crammed in the middle in the back! Still a fun joyride though, I must say!

51PHFTY
05-07-06, 07:56 PM
Someone :thepan: Marty for leaving so damn early!
:histeric:

I'll stick around longer next time (whether you guys like it or not :) ) - Denniscars hooked me up with a link for an intake hose that won't keep coming off. I put it back on after you guys left and it was off again by the time I got home. :want:

Marty

Dennisscars
05-07-06, 08:01 PM
I put it back on after you guys left and it was off again by the time I got home. :want:

Marty

Somebody torqued the motor on the way home...:shhh:

51PHFTY
05-07-06, 08:08 PM
Somebody torqued the motor on the way home...:shhh:

Just a little (how can I not?).:bouncy:

theformer
05-07-06, 09:52 PM

I'm pretty sure that Buttonwillow does discounts for groups - I seem to remember seeing something about that on another forum last year. I do not recall what they need to constitute a group though...

kali_cts03
05-07-06, 10:07 PM
I almost forgot you weren't a V, until I remembered the color, the missing V badge, the different rims, the cool colored interior, automatic tranny, and oh yeah the Dyno results!:) (I think there were a few compliments in there) Was fun cruising with you...I really liked the tinted windows and DRLights.

Dennis, I think I'm going to start looking into more Mods now(at least start saving up)...after riding in the maggied V...my V felt like driving a regular CTS back home (no offense Kali_cts03). Keep us updated on the track events, it sounds like it would be a blast!

By the way Kali_cts03, good job on the results! Remember the more it looks like a V, the more HP you get! :rolleyes: Its like the ricers.."the more stickers, the more HP."

Thanks I!
No offense taken.... but you have to admit it didn't do to bad on the fly back home!!! :want: Maybe a little engine, but lots of heart!!! :)

Yeah, I posted the results on the CTS forum and got jumped on.... was told that it couldn't be..... I guess some others haven't gotten as good of numbers running their cars on the Dyno.... and next for me are v-bars, v-shocks so that means I'll be closer to the V....... :histeric:

Dennisscars
05-08-06, 01:13 AM
Ok, who's in the travel agent business?

Was cruising for the next track event when at Hooked on driving site
http://www.hookedondriving.com/category.cfm?category=1
has a track day and then take the family on vacation, I'm assuming in the wine country or SFO. Day at the track and a day wine tasting to keep the wife on board. We can shame WW to attend with his wife's new porch..:thepan:

Thunderhill is a great beginner track, other than it's way the hell up there.

Dennisscars
05-08-06, 01:19 AM
Now come on.. .doesn't this look like fun?....
http://www.mgrracing.net/video/thunderhill.html

we need a **cough** sponsor....

Tuner@A&ACorvette
05-08-06, 02:41 PM
Thanks to all that attended. Nice turnout, nice cars and nice people.

Congrats to 10secvette - highest numbers rolled - 442-400 and a special thanks for all the dyno room work.

Special kudos to Reed for his unique and one of a kind ride - ver cools

Again...thanks to all..

heavymetals
05-08-06, 03:03 PM
Thanks for being so accomodating :thumbsup:

I am bringing my V to have it dyno'd when I get it back together.

I was very happy with the #'s on Mr. Vette.

livingthedream
05-08-06, 04:37 PM
ok folks... where is the dyno information eh? Some of you did yours I am sure and curious minds are wondering.......

WHATS THE NUMBERS?

livingthedream
turn the key and smile.

ctsvett
05-08-06, 05:21 PM
Charlie and Andy,
Thanks for hosting and being very generous with your parking lot, facilities and dyno. Some very cool rides in your shop.

Reed

heavymetals
05-08-06, 06:30 PM
I did Mr. Vette (a maggied 03 Z06).

485 rwhp 432 ft.lbs.

WOOO HOO!:highfive:

kali_cts03
05-10-06, 07:58 AM
I want a V now!!! :want:
I blame all of you...... with those great looking V rides I saw!!!

Went by the dealerhsip yesterday to drop of my car for service and they had 2 on the lot, one was the Stealth Gray (which I really like) new 06 for $47,642 (MSRP $53,800) and they also had an 05 Black for $42,000 with 10K miles on it!!! Supposedly the 05 belonged to Franky Muniz (sp?).... But of course that came from the selsperson so could be a lie!!! :rolleyes: It the price on both I mentioned here reasonable?

Looks like I will hold on to my CTS for now, but am going to be looking into the V sometime in the future!!! :thumbsup: :eek:

Dennisscars
05-10-06, 10:11 AM
Get them to throw in a maggie and it's wheeeee(chirp)EEEEEEEEEEEE time! :highfive:

(actually it's chirp..chirp...chirp, but I'll let someone else point out the axle hop issue.:thepan: )

Barak
05-10-06, 02:41 PM
Great meet!:highfive:

I dynoed my car which has coated B&B Tri-Y headers with gutted cats, stock exhaust and an awesome StealthV tune; no other engine related mods, stock air filter even and the results were 365 HP and 348 TQ!:bouncy:

I don't know about stepping up to a supercharger, but if I have the nitrous in by August then we can have a little S/C, nitrous shootout!:want:

Thanks for the update Heavy.

Roupin
05-10-06, 03:38 PM
I want a V now!!! :want:
I blame all of you...... with those great looking V rides I saw!!!

Went by the dealerhsip yesterday to drop of my car for service and they had 2 on the lot, one was the Stealth Gray (which I really like) new 06 for $47,642 (MSRP $53,800) and they also had an 05 Black for $42,000 with 10K miles on it!!! Supposedly the 05 belonged to Franky Muniz (sp?).... But of course that came from the selsperson so could be a lie!!! :rolleyes: It the price on both I mentioned here reasonable?

Looks like I will hold on to my CTS for now, but am going to be looking into the V sometime in the future!!! :thumbsup: :eek:

Sounds like you went to Rydell in Northridge. I went and checked out both of those V's a few weeks ago too. :thumbsup:

kali_cts03
05-11-06, 12:03 AM
Sounds like you went to Rydell in Northridge. I went and checked out both of those V's a few weeks ago too. :thumbsup:

Wow, good call!!!

I'm very unhappy with the dealerships service dept. at the moment (have an open ticket with Cadillac Support).... bunch of incopetent morans running the place in the service dept., especially the AM-SF..... :rant2: (sorry had to vent)

kali_cts03
05-11-06, 12:07 AM
I have a Certified Pre-Owned 2006 CTS-V with only 18 miles on it

Hey DS, vacation go good???

I was the only non-V at the Dyno meet.... was a bunch of fun I don't care what anyone says!!!

So that V you mentioned - how much is asking price???
Pre-Owned with 18 miles, wow someone made up their mind quick of giving it back.... :eek: any reason :hmm: - is it the stealth gray? like that color a lot! :thumbsup:

Anyways, DS - where you located in SoCal?

Edit: and you're right DS, we should definatly have something before August!!!

Dennisscars
05-11-06, 12:26 AM
dew it! you'll be stylin' just in time for the next meet!!!! :2thumbs:

heavymetals
05-11-06, 12:38 AM
Hey DS, vacation go good???

I was the only non-V at the Dyno meet.... was a bunch of fun I don't care what anyone says!!!

I was a "non-V" and I was there also. :thumbsup:

Luna.
05-11-06, 12:57 AM
I was a "non-V" and I was there also. :thumbsup:

So was Reed, but you two OWN Vs though...:)

kali_cts03
05-11-06, 01:31 AM

I was the only one that doesn't own a V!!! (should have put that LOL)
Maybe one day.....

heavymetals
05-11-06, 02:16 AM

Reed showed up in a V :eek:

Roupin
05-11-06, 02:43 PM
Wow, good call!!!

I'm very unhappy with the dealerships service dept. at the moment (have an open ticket with Cadillac Support).... bunch of incopetent morans running the place in the service dept., especially the AM-SF..... :rant2: (sorry had to vent)

I tried to send you a PM to keep the thread clean, but apparently I need 50 posts to be able to send PM's (what's the reasoning behind that????)

I'm also super unhappy with their service ever since Glen left (Service Advisor). I really hate going there now but there aren't any other Rydell Cadillac dealers in the area (I refuse to take the Fleetwoods non-Caddy dealers). Who's your SA? Do you know of any other competent dealers?

CADI-V
05-11-06, 06:37 PM
Heavymetals would have shown up on a bicycle....Maggied bicycle !!!!

Aresuu
05-11-06, 06:51 PM
Sounds like you all had fun. I was looking at the pictures and have a question?

Are those black and white photos or don't they sell the beatiful red V in CA?:stirpot:

CADI-V
05-11-06, 06:58 PM
We were all thinking the same thing at the meet....maybe next time one will be let out of the garage:bouncy:

BadCad
05-11-06, 07:22 PM
Are those black and white photos or don't they sell the beatiful red V in CA?
red being the slowest color, didn't show up 'till after everyone had gone home....:stirpot:

kali_cts03
05-11-06, 08:27 PM
I tried to send you a PM to keep the thread clean, but apparently I need 50 posts to be able to send PM's (what's the reasoning behind that????)

I'm also super unhappy with their service ever since Glen left (Service Advisor). I really hate going there now but there aren't any other Rydell Cadillac dealers in the area (I refuse to take the Fleetwoods non-Caddy dealers). Who's your SA? Do you know of any other competent dealers?

:want: I'm glad it's not only me!!! I will mention this as well to the Customer Support people when I talk to them next!!!

The Assitant Manager/Shop Forman is a complete moran and idiot!!! Damian M. (And I don't care if by chance he is a part of this forum - I'm sure he's not or he wouldn't be such a dick!!! but I don't give a rats ass if he reads this!!! He threated me with the most disrespect I have ever encountered at any dealership all together) Doesn't know anything about the CTS, I had to tell him how to fix things which I got from this forum!!! My Service Rep. is Mark, he's okay - obviously he can't do anything for me if the incopetent person that is above him is clueless and very disrespectfull to customers!!! Doesn't even know how to follow directions as to finding the problem that I have said I had.... maybe he can't read so good :crybaby:

I have an open ticket with Cadillac Support about them right now, so will know more in the near future.... I don't want to steel this thread to rip them a new one, but once I write the review I will post a link here as well so you can check it out!!!

Only place I know of around here is the Cadillac De Casa (?) not sure if tha't the name, but it's on Ventura Blvd., east of the 405 FWY!!! That's going to be my next destination..... :eek: As to how are they, don't know - but will find out soon!!!

Sorry everyone for being off topic but a question was asked, and I felt I needed to both vent and shine a light on the place as well!!!

Roupin
05-11-06, 09:18 PM
Well I guess I need to apologize again since I still can't send PM's!!

kali_cts03, recently I've been seriously thinking of getting into a new car and spoke to Damian while at the dealer. My main concern with the CTS-V was if there would be any warranty issues with a modded car. To my surprise, he said that an abused STOCK V could void the warranty. This is since GM would not cover any abuse. Now, keep in mind that in this hypothetical situation there is NO evidence of abuse and he would be working on his gut feeling. As for the diff failure, he said the 2nd time around the customer gets hit with the repair bill, as he would deny warranty coverage, again based on said abuse. Don't bring this particular conversation up to him though, as I'm only throwing it out there as an experience.

Since I heard that information from him I kind of lost interest in the Caddy in fear of problems. I drive very hard and my driving somewhat borders on abusive. Sure, parts break but I keep up with any repairs 100% (everyone thinks my cars are babied). Since I don't care for legal battles, I started lurking the E55 boards trying to get more information about them, where Luna jumped in recently looking for a race and got me hot for the Caddy again. So I basically followed him here and found this forum. I'm still up in the air though.

As for the dealer you mentioned, it's called Casa De Cadillac. I would suggest you give them a call and check their prices before you go there. I only live a few miles from that dealer and have NEVER cared to take my business there. I called to check their prices on their oil change and thought they were accidentally reading the prices for synthetic! Also, back in 96 they priced a Fleetwood at just about $50k, whereas we bought it significantly less from the dealer in Northridge (it was called Northidge Cadillac back then).

Now back to the regularly scheduled program. I wish I made it to the get together!!

kali_cts03
05-11-06, 09:33 PM
Luna has an awsom car!!! Yes he does (and that color is so badass!!!)

All V's rock!:thumbsup:

--------------------

And yes cars have problems, but they shouldn't be dicks about fixing them if it's something that happens to more then one car!!!

Like I said, that guy is not the smartes cat in the house (he's plain stupid)....

He told me that I used chemicals on my front Headlamps and is the reason why they are peeling (some of the V's guys saw this at the meet).... what a moran.... there is a thread on the CTS forum that shows a lot of 03 CTS cars with the same problem..... so maybe I went around with this chemical to their states and garages and rubbed some on them as well!!! IDIOT!!!

As to other dealerships around here, wow - closesent would be either Valencia or Thousand Oaks!!! I know Luna goes to the one in TO and don't think he mentioned any problems!!!

Other then that, where you at Dubbed Stealth??? how long of a drive is it to you establishment!!! I wish more dealerships and people that work for Cadillac would be a part of this site - they would be then so much more educated on the problems and fixing of them!!!

Hope I din't offend anyone (well, I don't care about Damian) :rant2: meaning normal people!!! :)

Damn, :Offtopic: again!!! Sorry!!!

kali_cts03
05-11-06, 09:34 PM
Well I guess I need to apologize again since I still can't send PM's!!

You can PM after you have 50 posts or become a Supporing Member!!!

Luna.
05-12-06, 11:53 AM
Luna has an awsom car!!! Yes he does (and that color is so badass!!!)

Well, I'm not sure about my car being awesome, but the color is certainly the best!! :stirpot: :)

As to other dealerships around here, wow - closesent would be either Valencia or Thousand Oaks!!! I know Luna goes to the one in TO and don't think he mentioned any problems!!!

FYI--I goto the dealership in Oxnard, not 1000 Oaks. I have not had a significant issue so far, but based on discussions with them, they are very reasonable and have taken care of me to date. :)

I'm fairly surprised by the concerns about Casa de Cadillac. While I have not been there myself, I've heard *very* positive things about them from other members of this forum, so that is interesting...

kali_cts03
05-12-06, 01:48 PM
Well, I'm not sure about my car being awesome, but the color is certainly the best!! :stirpot: :)

:histeric:
As to the color, I think that would be my choice as well....:hmm:

FYI--I goto the dealership in Oxnard, not 1000 Oaks. I have not had a significant issue so far, but based on discussions with them, they are very reasonable and have taken care of me to date. :)

I'm fairly surprised by the concerns about Casa de Cadillac. While I have not been there myself, I've heard *very* positive things about them from other members of this forum, so that is interesting...

Oops, I knew it was that way from me and forgot we were all the way at Oxnard.... :thepan:

Im in Laguna Niguel, #1 in CSI in the western region for all GM Service. I guess I should plug in the fact we are also #1 in Cadillac CSI in sales as well. Probably worth the drive for you.

Dubbed S, I am definatly going to consider your dealership....even though it is about 80 miles each way for me, but as I have posted before - it is so important if someone knows your problems and takes the time to try to solve and not blame the owner of the vehicle!!! And that I think like you said would be worth the drive!!! :thumbsup:

CADI-V
05-12-06, 03:21 PM
Dubbed Stealth...What dealership are you with...I got my V in Laguna Niguel???

CADI-V
05-13-06, 02:17 AM
Thats the place...Not a bad dealerhip...too bad its so far away from my house....

ctsvett
05-13-06, 06:16 PM
DS,
With all due respect, the CSI does not mean as much as you make it out to be... I give my dealership good ratings even though they suck because my review ONLY affects the writer.. My writer is a good guy.. he calls and helps as best he can. he can only do so much when the regional rep denies everything and the mechanics cant fix anything....

Richard simmons (aka larry) is our problem... I would love to see him reviewing witha customer service rating...

Reed

kali_cts03
05-13-06, 06:58 PM
I know this has very little to do with the thread but figured I post the link to my review of Rydell Cadillac in Northridge....: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-dealership-reviews/74563-rydell-cadillac-northridge-ca.html

Ok, so when are we doing this thing again???:bouncy:

CADI-V
05-14-06, 01:19 AM
Dubbed Stealth I have no Problems at all with Allen Cadillac...I had nothing but a positive experience there...Ask my Bro Brian Carpenter !!!

Ishminder
05-14-06, 03:52 PM
[/quote]Why do consumers always have a negative perception about dealers? Thats an easy statement considering dealers are easy targets.[/quote]
Dubbed, we have a negative perception about dealers here because we have been treated like crap at them. Lets just take Lindsay Cadillac...I do not know its numbers, but I do know that when a V comes in there with a problem...it leaves with it fixed. Here at various dealerships, we go in with a problem and either leave with nothing fixed or attempts that made the problem worse. Lets just take my car for example. Ive been into the dealership for over 50 days for a marble noise under my car during takeoffs and acceleration, and for clutch chatter. Since that, they have replaced my transmission, flywheel, clutch, differential, exhaust, among other things. First, to get these things done were a nightmare. I had to sit there all day long arguing with either cadillac customer assistance or the service managers trying to convince them that it was a problem. Finally, after showing them numerous cars to test drive (something they should have had) they finally agreed that something was wrong and decided to fix it(this was after the hours of going back with Larry). After getting everything installed, I end up with still more clutch chatter and a marble noise! :alchi:(I skipped a lot of steps in there for why other things were replaced, but you can see the picture.) I decide to try another dealer here in So. Cal and all they can say is you have to go back to the person that installed it the first time, even though we know something is wrong with how they installed it or the parts used. I mean, come on...the dealership is telling me there is something wrong, but we cannot do anything! And nothing is flagged or unwarrantied!:rant2: (I know that the original place where they installed everything at is fed up of seeing my car there for the same concern, and all they said is that we do not know what else to replace. Until it becomes a safety hazard, deal with it.)

Above is the type of service we get here in So. Cal. I know Reed has had problems as well with his first gear shifting, and Dariusz for his headlights, etc..., and its just crap we have to go through all of this to get our cars running in decent condition! If the car does not go into first gear...there is a problem...ask anybody but Larry!:want: (Sorry Reed, they should just give you a new car!)

Personally speaking, it doesnt matter to me the numbers you get. I called you the other day, explained to you my situation, and you said to bring it in and we'd help you out. Thats all that matters! If that gives you a rating of #1 in CSI, awesome! If it doesnt, you will still be the dealer to go to for our cars. Now please get my car fixed:worship:.

WOW that was a long post!

Dennisscars
05-14-06, 03:56 PM
Bunnies make nice pets except they keep leaving smart pills....

http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/small-animal-pictures-breeders-babies/lionhead-rabbit-pictures-breeders-babies/pictures/lionhead-rabbit-0043.jpg

One day two boys were walking through the woods when they saw some rabbit poop. One of the boys said, ''What is that?''

''They're smart pills,'' said the other boy. ''Eat them and they'll make you smarter.

So he ate them and said, ''These taste like poop.''

''See,'' said the other boy, ''you're already getting smarter.''

kali_cts03
05-14-06, 06:54 PM
Who the hell is this Larry guy you guys keep talking about???
Is he behind my car being so damn fuked-UP as well, and not getting fixed? :hmm:

Anybody that has more extensive problems with thier car should have other options other then just going in for service, getting turned away not fixed or fixed for a day, and then having to go back.... :alchi: story of my CTS!!!

I am currently looking into some options, other then just getting gray hairs over it!!! So far I have been told by Cadillac Support that I might be able to get the free extended warranty up to 100,000 miles on my car for all the problems it had, final word to come by end of this coming week! But I also have read in a thread about some thing called the Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act, checking into that this Monday.... we'll see what's next.... They should put me in a free V for all my pain and suffering.... not sure what you V guys would want (a super free V perhaps? :)) And most importantly one that works perfect, like some of you have!!!

And Ish is 100%, would be nice if our world could have a dealership to serve us and respect our problems and concerns as they are described here on this site!!! So if your dealership does that Dubbed then more power to it!!! :thumbsup:

ctsvett
05-14-06, 07:02 PM
Dubbed,
I am willing to give another dealer a try, lets be real, penske aint doin it for me and lindsay is just too far a drive....

My comments were not meant to insult, only to give an accurate OPINION that sometimes those ranking are not the best measure. As is said, I would toss the keys to my V to linsday any day of the week with full trust knowing they would fix it or do their best to try. I CANNOT say that for any dealership. I feel that every delaership I go into, I need to train them on how to fix the V and show them TSBs, etc. I am sure everyone else has had that experience. CS rankings are good to corporate, but when it comes down to it, service to me is more than a CS ranking. its a level of trust in a dealer/ shop/ detailer, etc doing the job right and my car coming out of the place fixed. That is what will make me happy.

I may give you a call and come down sometime. It is a long drive, but I dont think I have much to lose at this point. What dealership do you work at again (Pm me if you want, I cant find the e-mail)?

Reed

kali_cts03
05-14-06, 07:07 PM
Dubbed,
I am willing to give another dealer a try, lets be real, penske aint doin it for me and lindsay is just too far a drive....

My comments were not meant to insult, only to give an accurate OPINION that sometimes those ranking are not the best measure. As is said, I would toss the keys to my V to linsday any day of the week with full trust knowing they would fix it or do their best to try. I CANNOT say that for any dealership. I feel that every delaership I go into, I need to train them on how to fix the V and show them TSBs, etc. I am sure everyone else has had that experience. CS rankings are good to corporate, but when it comes down to it, service to me is more than a CS ranking. its a level of trust in a dealer/ shop/ detailer, etc doing the job right and my car coming out of the place fixed. That is what will make me happy.

I may give you a call and come down sometime. It is a long drive, but I dont think I have much to lose at this point. What dealership do you work at again (Pm me if you want, I cant find the e-mail)?

Reed

Dubbed Sthealths dealer is Allan Cadillac from on of his earlier posts....

As to what you wrote about having to tell them what to do, yeah - if it wasn't for this board and a fix I got from here for my analog clock they just told me to live with it since they can't fix it!!! And when I did tell the Assistant Manager there how to fix it he got all pissed off at me, just because I know more...:hmm:.... and ever since that day I have been dealt with like crap there!!!

Dennisscars
05-14-06, 07:27 PM
I think this thread has diverged from it's original intent....http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/images/smilies/sheephump.gif

kali_cts03
05-14-06, 07:54 PM
I think this thread has diverged from it's original intent....http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/images/smilies/sheephump.gif

It still has something to do with SoCal.... LOL..... :) :bouncy:

BadCad
05-15-06, 03:38 PM
huh.... i forget, what was this tread all about?