: JJ Ranting about issues he has

JJhomer83
01-23-04, 10:47 AM
Just a warning, this is me bitching about things,

OK here goes,
for the past 2 weeks i have been having knee problems, it hurts for me to go up steps and down. it hurts to get in and out of my car.
so i figured i would go to a dr. appt. I slipped and fell on my knee at the eagles game (the one they lost to the panthers) and i have a long history of problems
I get to the dr. appt. on tuesday and they see me right away.
the first thing out of the doc's mouth is whoaaaaaa!!! that is a lot of swelling and i mumbled no sh** under my breath. He had me get an xray and nothing turned up. then he has me get a MRI, so i sit and wait finally get an mri and then when i am done the doc is gone. I asked to speak with him and they tell me he is out to lunch. that is BULL shi# i said, i am in pain the doc sends me to get an mri i get done and he is gone, he didn't tell me what to do no pain killers no follow up appointment no nothing, what an overpaid *****,
I left the doc a lively message to call me, he finally calls me back and says take motrin and to stay off my knee,
I went back to work for a full day and i missed yesterday b/c i couldn't even get out of bed, b /c i got 2 hours of sleep b/c i woke up every 1/2 hour in pain. I make another docs appointment and he says that i have a torn miniscus (sp?) but he wants to wait for the mri to come through on wednesday he gives me motrin during the day and perkaset(sp?) at night
I am now walking around with a cane in my caddy, to make the image better i put an old man's hat on.
so now i have to wait till wednesday to find out if i need a draining of fluid and surgeory or just the draining. either way i am going to be limping around for about 2 weeks.
Well that is my rant sorry for those of you who have to read it but i had to get the frustration out somehow, the good thing is that my girlfriend is taking great care of me

CognLac
01-23-04, 11:54 AM
That does suck bro. but at least you have a reason to use a cane, and break out the old man hat. ;)

JJhomer83
01-23-04, 12:14 PM
That does suck bro. but at least you have a reason to use a cane, and break out the old man hat. ;)

The good thing is that i can use my handicap parking spot again b/c it takes me 10 mins to walk anywhere!!!

CognLac
01-23-04, 02:45 PM
The good thing is that i can use my handicap parking spot again b/c it takes me 10 mins to walk anywhere!!!

Hell yea, and you can start yelling at P U N K a$$ kids and wave your cane at them. now i want a cane

JJhomer83
01-23-04, 02:53 PM
Hell yea, and you can start yelling at P U N K a$$ kids and wave your cane at them. now i want a cane

My cane has a hand carved frog on the top, that is what gets people a lot

AirJigga25
01-23-04, 05:16 PM
My cane has a hand carved frog on the top, that is what gets people a lot
my granddad used to swing his cane at me when i was being pain in the ass and purposely miss...ha. rip.

rip eagles.

I hope you get better jjhomerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

how did you like the Linc?

were you suicidal like most eagles fans?

JJhomer83
01-23-04, 05:21 PM
my granddad used to swing his cane at me when i was being pain in the ass and purposely miss...ha. rip.

rip eagles.

I hope you get better jjhomerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

how did you like the Linc?

were you suicidal like most eagles fans?

The linc was amazing, one of the best stadiums i have seen, much better than the vet,
i tore down a few signs on the way out but not suicidal

JJhomer83
02-02-04, 02:27 PM
OK guys update on my knee.
Surgey is set for Feb. 11th at 7 a.m.
Will be out of work for 3 days min. I will be on the board a lot those days.
I hope i will be able to walk w/o pain for the first time in about a year after this is all done. Anyone here ever get ortho surgory on the knee?

Ralph
02-02-04, 11:56 PM
OK guys update on my knee.
Surgey is set for Feb. 11th at 7 a.m.
Will be out of work for 3 days min. I will be on the board a lot those days.
I hope i will be able to walk w/o pain for the first time in about a year after this is all done. Anyone here ever get ortho surgory on the knee?

In 1999 I had orthoscopic (sp?) surgury on my right knee. Before I get to that let me compare a few things. WE have to wait 2 years for an MRI in Saskatchewan, and because it is elective surgery they screen every case, and it is not considered important enough to rush! Can you believe that! There is better health care in the U.S.and this is proven by the fact we are getting more and more private clinics up here to do immediate CAT and MRI's if you pay. You get what you pay for when it comes to health care IMO! One lady we knew was diagnosed with cancer and given 9 months to live. They also scheduled a Cat Scan for her in 9 months!!!! You do the math. I am in health care so I can knock the flaws a little IMO.

I had bad pain in my right knee. After waiting 9 months! they froze the knee, drilled 3 or 4 holes in it, put in the scope and found NOTHING! They could not tell me what was wrong. I was fully awake for the surgury and you can bring a vcr tape and record the whole thing as it's viewed through a television set. Then they refer me to a Rhumatologist for arthritis. All she said was I have a bad case of arthritis! I kept pics of my knee when it was very swollen and that's really all they had to go on to make their diagnosis. If they find you do have arthritis, you should have noticed that the pain may switch between knees, and then back again, this is typical and an indicator of the condition. 30 years ago they recommended bedrest for arthritis, now they recomend exercise, and I think it does help! Other than Mortin which can cause stomach ulcers, try cayenne pepper pills! Its a natural painkiller and anti-inflammatory. Also Glucosamine and Chrondriton to build cartillage around the joints. I understand painkillers certainly are needed in most cases, but do yourself a favor and try these also. You are too young to be in such pain! As am I! Good luck, and let us know what they find.

BostonETC97
02-04-04, 12:42 AM
Sounds exactly like what happened to me last year. After I pulled my knee out while building a desk, it became painful, and eventually swelled up. Sometimes it'd be fine, and sometimes it'd lock in one position and become incredibly painful, to the point I could hardly walk or stand on it.

X-Ray's showed nothing, but an MRI showed a torn meniscus. I had the orthoscopic surgery to correct the tear, and it has been perfect ever since. The surgery took about an hour, and was completely painless. I had to use crutches for about a week after, and then I was free to walk on it. There was some very minor soreness for the month or so after the surgery, but the pain was completely gone.

That was over a year ago now, and the knee is still completely pain free, and fully functional.

Let us know how it goes!

JJhomer83
02-04-04, 12:46 AM
Boston thanks for the info on your surgory glad to hear that it went that well. Hope everything goes well for mine. I go in on the 11th and have to take the woman for a Toby Keith Concert on the 14th I hope i will be decent enough to sit through it.

BostonETC97
02-04-04, 12:57 AM
I was able to get out of the house about 2 days after the surgery. If I recall, I had to ice the knee every hour or so, and they kept it in a snug bandage to prevent fluid buildup for 48 hours after surgery. The orthoscopic technique is highly effective, and doesn't leave any scars. There were 3 small "cuts" on my knee after the operation, but it's very non-invasive, and heals very fast.

Knees are frustrating.... you never really think of them until they get out of whack!

Ralph
02-04-04, 01:02 AM
I had to walk home immediately after, bleeding all the way! No overnights up here for elective surgury anymore. Don't sweat it, it's minor surgury.

lev
03-02-04, 08:36 PM
JJ how are your knees?

inmycadillac
03-02-04, 09:20 PM
JJ, I hope u r feeling better dude.

JJhomer83
03-02-04, 11:44 PM
JJ, I hope u r feeling better dude.

thanks guys,
i have acually been doing rehab for a couple of weeks. after surgey i now have 100% motion in my knee but i still can't run all out yet i am getting there. I have to build it up for my camping trip this summer but im getting there :bouncy:

HollywoodHicks1
03-03-04, 11:27 AM
Hollywood hopes that you are feeling better dude. As a matter of fact, my uncle just had a scope done on his left knee last Wednesday. Knee injuries aren't a joke.