: Spontaneous Headlight Washer Sprays

Kidhummer
05-02-06, 05:26 PM
This happened to me a few times:

After I finished washing my car I parked it in the garage. When I turn off the ignition, the headlight opens up and washer fluid is sprayed on my headlights. The whole front of my car ends up soaked and soapy. It's like my car does it on purpose to piss me off.

Does this happen to anyone ele?:rant2:

GOTTSPD
05-02-06, 05:49 PM
I have no useful response...

That's funny as heck though! Your car must not like being clean. Maybe you pissed someone off really bad and they rigged your car to do this. Maybe your wife does this by a pre-installed remote control switch just to watch you go crazy???

50 4Ever
05-02-06, 06:49 PM
That's a new one for me, the headlight washers are only supposed to work only when the headlights are on AND the windshield washer is activated. This sounds like something the dealer should look at.

:confused:

Vendetta-V-
05-02-06, 07:09 PM
Rofl

Kidhummer
05-02-06, 09:49 PM
It happens a lot...everytime I wash the damn car and park it in the garage....Im gonna slap it next time it does this to teach it a lesson.. lol

GOTTSPD
05-02-06, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't do that if I was you. The car will probably piss oil or coolant all over you if you try it! Have you ever seen Christine?????

arr0gant
05-02-06, 10:43 PM
[quote= It's like my car does it on purpose to piss me off.:rant2:[/quote]

LOLOOLOL, that is the funniest thing I have EVER heard!!!

Kidhummer
05-02-06, 10:56 PM
do u have any idea how annoyed i get?? spending over an hour thoroughly washing my car and drying it only to have to wipe it off again for no reason....Why does it do this?? i'm afraid to wash it, i have nightmares of the shadow of the headlight washer nozzles slowly coming out and that noise (squirt, squirt) and then the mess...In my nightmare I hear the V laughing in an evil clown laugh.. NExt time I am taking it to the dealer

nikon
05-02-06, 11:31 PM
do u have any idea how annoyed i get?? spending over an hour thoroughly washing my car and drying it only to have to wipe it off again for no reason....Why does it do this?? i'm afraid to wash it, i have nightmares of the shadow of the headlight washer nozzles slowly coming out and that noise (squirt, squirt) and then the mess...In my nightmare I hear the V laughing in an evil clown laugh.. NExt time I am taking it to the dealer

hehe, well Im not gonna laugh because mine has done it too...never with the car off though, but in the middle of the day just all of a sudden I couldnt figure out where mist was coming from at first, I didnt know the car had headlight sprayers...then I figured it out....hasnt done it in a while, though.

Dick's06Vee
05-03-06, 06:49 AM
Kid:

Maybe we have cousins.....mine has done the exact same thing to me several times. Everytime that it has happened....maybe 3-4 I found that I was turning off the ignition and pushing in the ignition button at the same time. Now I slow down the process and separate it by a second or two. Turn off ignition.....pause....then push in button and remove key. I've not had it happen since. I know exactly what you mean about getting pissed!

05-03-06, 11:03 AM
Maybe the car is looking at the naughty pictures on your garage wall while you are strenuously rubbing the fenders and....well.....oops.

Does the car look ashamed afterwards?

BadCad
05-03-06, 03:52 PM
Does the car look ashamed afterwards?
Mine looks pretty satisfied and looks for a smoke....

Davidstan
05-03-06, 04:31 PM
Kid:

Maybe we have cousins.....mine has done the exact same thing to me several times. Everytime that it has happened....maybe 3-4 I found that I was turning off the ignition and pushing in the ignition button at the same time. Now I slow down the process and separate it by a second or two. Turn off ignition.....pause....then push in button and remove key. I've not had it happen since. I know exactly what you mean about getting pissed!

Mine happened this way once also. Thought it was wierd:confused: .