: Where are the edges gone?

partton
01-23-04, 04:18 AM
Did you see the front shot of the new 2005 STS shown on the cadillac site?
The razor-sharp edges are gone.
Sharp edges are the essence of the new cadillac design theme.
This car is just nothing. I mean it's just normal. I don't feel it any special.
Bob killed STS.:crying2:

Playdrv4me
01-23-04, 04:28 AM
Did you see the front shot of the new 2005 STS shown on the cadillac site?
The razor-sharp edges are gone.
Sharp edges are the essence of the new cadillac design theme.
This car is just nothing. I mean it's just normal. I don't feel it special.
Bob killed STS.:crying2:

Yea theres like 50 threads about this already. The general consensus is we will just have to wait to see it in person before passing final judgement. I agree with you, the edgy theme was toned done substantially, but at least separates the car from the CTS a little.

RES
02-06-04, 11:25 PM
His name should be changed to BOB THE-PUTZ...

Ralph
02-06-04, 11:51 PM
Yea theres like 50 threads about this already. The general consensus is we will just have to wait to see it in person before passing final judgement. I agree with you, the edgy theme was toned done substantially, but at least separates the car from the CTS a little.

OMG! I agree with the German car Beamer Dude :rolleyes: Any softening of some edges is welcome IMO, as the entire line is looking more like the CTS. Some deviation, distinction can be a good thing. :annoyed:

tdogg5184
02-27-04, 12:38 AM
I strongly agree with the softening of the edges we dont want a big CTS we want a distinction that proves you paid 15 grand more for it.

Andrew60SP
02-27-04, 01:25 AM
Perhaps it's because older buyers will pursue the larger STS, so they went for a more conservative styling.

gothicaleigh
02-27-04, 08:48 AM
Perhaps it's because older buyers will pursue the larger STS

Well, at least now they will. ;)

Honestly, Cadillac has done better since the 'creases' than it has done in many years, I am surprised that they softened the STS.

2004_SRX_
02-27-04, 03:21 PM
Well, at least now they will. ;)

Honestly, Cadillac has done better since the 'creases' than it has done in many years, I am surprised that they softened the STS.
They've done better for reasons beyond the sharp lines. I actually think keeping the lines sharp on the STS would've made it look like a bigger CTS. They still kept so much unique and gorgeous lines that this car will appeal to anyone. Old folks still have Lut's precious Buicks to go for...

rodnice
03-05-04, 12:42 PM
I just got through looking at the new STS in person up close. It is a production version, fully loaded with navigation, chrome wheels the works. It is SWEET! The STS is a car that has to be seen in person. Pictures don't give it justice. I can't wait to get mine.

rodnice
03-05-04, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=rodnice]I just got through looking at the new STS in person up close. It is a production version, fully loaded with navigation, chrome wheels the works. It is SWEET! The STS is a car that has to be seen in person. Pictures don't give it justice. It's not too small or too big, and the grill also looks larger in person.QUOTE]