: Need advice on tires for Auto-X

PneuBird
05-02-06, 03:05 AM
I'm looking for tires to Auto-x the "V". So far I have not found anything in our size 245/4518 in 100 treadwear tires. Any alternate sizes that will work? I have tried Nitto, Falken, and Kuhmo to no avail....Damm what a berry!!! :stirpot:

thebigjimsho
05-02-06, 02:46 PM
R compound tires in our size do not exist. There are a lot of options with 245/40 18. Check out my add in the classifieds...

L.Sanchez
05-02-06, 06:22 PM
I've been using the Falken RT615's which is their semi-racing tire. I've taken my V to track on these tires and they heat up well, get soft, grip hard, and didn't give up on me even after numerous laps. It took 6-7 HARD 3 mile laps to get them to start going gooey on me and thats incredible for a street tire.

The only thing I would also suggest is a more aggresive alignment. A 3900lb car going left, right, left quickly is brutal on the tire edges. :)

Ladis

PneuBird
05-05-06, 02:04 AM
Hey L. Sanchaz....Sorry I didn't answer you sooner ....out of town....What size Falken RT615 tires are you running on the track? Also do you have them mounted on stock 18 inch rims? one more quick question....How agressive should the alignment be i.e. toe-in and toe-out,camber, etc.??? :worship:

VELOSE
05-05-06, 03:35 AM
L. Sanchez is most likely running a 255/40/18 tire. He most likely has them mounted on his stocks. As for alignment, do a search for Dreamin's thread on a "performance alignment." You can also go to www.cadillacfaq.com and get the specs for your alignment. Hope this helps. ;)

PneuBird
05-05-06, 01:01 PM
Velose....Thanks for the imput and that's much appreicated on the alignment specs!!! :thumbsup: