: Removing and Reinstalling LS6 Emblem

Staxxin
05-01-06, 08:29 PM
I just removed my LS6 emblem on my stock sway bar - baby oil and fishing line. Basically, the entire backing was removed so I was wondering what should I use to stick/secure the LS6 emblem on my new sway bar that came with the maggie?

THANKS!!!

GT04CTS-V
05-01-06, 08:48 PM
3M double sided foam tape. I applied it to the letters, then trimmed around the edges with an exact o knife, removed the backing and attached the letters to the tower brace.

You can do a inet search for suppliers.

Here's one:

http://www.levineautoparts.com/3mautgrayacp.html

GT

Staxxin
05-01-06, 09:04 PM
Excellent, THANK YOU!!! I was going to use Goop a superglue like material but I was concerned about the heat.

BadCad
05-01-06, 11:48 PM
Using the 3M emblem tape is good, but a real PIA to make it look good to fit closely around the emblem letters. I know 'cause I placed the LS6 logo in lieu of the CTS emblem. Goop glue is a good alternative and is heat resistant enough to withstand the heat in the engine bay.

BadCad
05-01-06, 11:48 PM
double post - damn slow internet!

NH Vrod
05-02-06, 07:31 AM
Make sure you use the 3M RED tape!!

Staxxin
05-02-06, 09:04 AM
Using the 3M emblem tape is good, but a real PIA to make it look good to fit closely around the emblem letters. I know 'cause I placed the LS6 logo in lieu of the CTS emblem. Goop glue is a good alternative and is heat resistant enough to withstand the heat in the engine bay.

My initial thought was to use the Goop but I was concerned about the heat the maggie was producing.

keeksv
05-02-06, 09:11 AM
Double sided tape trimmed here, too. Problem is that part of the emblem rubs on hood liner a bit with strut brace being higher for the blower. I may just take mine off altogether.

NH Vrod
05-02-06, 09:36 AM
Put it on the front side of the bar, facing the front of the car?

keeksv
05-02-06, 09:41 AM
Put it on the front side of the bar, facing the front of the car?
Probably would JB Weld it there since that would make it hang over all the naughty bits of the supercharger..