: Has Anyone Successfully Enabled Streaming Xm Traffic On An Early 2005?

wkisse
05-01-06, 12:37 PM
I'm at my wit's end trying to enable this feature.

My dealer has unsuccessfully swapped out my complete NAV system and XM radio from a late 2005 build CTS and was unable to get the streaming traffic working.

There is a TSB that references a replacement DVD that MAY allow this feature to work.

Has anyone had any luck making this functional?

My dealer assured me that streaming XM traffic would work, and now I'm stuck with a lease and an inoperative feature!

GM advises I'm out of luck, and the dealer basically says they can't do any more for me.

Any help is appreciated - thank you!

heavymetals
05-01-06, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Cadillac.:thepan:

Let me sell you a "bell and whistle" for your car that I won't support, and will be obsolete in the same year the car is sold and I can't/won't upgrade (even if you offer to pay for it!).

Some customer support huh?

Makes you want to buy another "flagship" of the line.

End of rant.

heavymetals
05-01-06, 02:16 PM
After your dealer installs the system I believe he has to go into TECHII and enable it.

Your very lucky you got a dealer to do this for ya, but I guess because your on a lease you get treated better.

ctsvett
05-01-06, 03:19 PM
here is a video...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/posttemp/xmtraffic.wmv

Reed

GOTTSPD
05-01-06, 08:31 PM
Does that mean that one could get XM traffic on an '04 or early '05?

BadCad
05-01-06, 11:04 PM
looked at the video.... and? not sure what i am supposed to see or do here; i still don't get xm traffic.

ctsvett
05-02-06, 12:25 AM
this is the XM procedure that the dealer must do to enable XM nav traffic (with the TECH II).... I guess I was asking if, in addition to swtiching out the nav unit, and the xm tuner, did the dealership know to go through the process in the video? its NOT documented anywhere I can find...

you may want to reference this video and e-mail the dealer....

Reed

ewill3rd
05-02-06, 07:11 PM
I'd almost have to put my hands on your car.

Need to know the part numbers for the XM reciever, the radio, and the DVD.
You have to have a specific set of hardware and the right disc, then you have to subscribe of course and nav traffic has to be activated in the radio as the video suggests.
Although I think it can be done from the setup menu on the screen.
Also I'd have to know the last 8 digits of the VIN. That would tell me the car's birthday and whether or not you'd be able to do it.
Basically if you have a car that was built in '04 it won't work, but if it was built after about Jan 18 it should work.