: Road & Track Long-Term Test, June 06

SoCadillac
05-01-06, 02:01 AM
Here is an article from the latest Road & Track.

lawfive
05-01-06, 02:45 AM
Whaaaa? Noisy differential? Sloppy shifter? Hmmm...

UUC does me good. And I installed a cooler unit in the glove box to hold my saga bleu cheese, which I have with my whine. :cool:

SoCadillac
05-01-06, 02:49 AM
I guess the big question will be how well GM resolves the first-generation issues of the loyal V'ers? I hope GM doesn't simply slip into the second-generation and leave time and toll to the first-generation.

rand49er
05-01-06, 06:35 AM
Don't those guys know the difference between a shifter and a transmission? :confused:

Plus, I remember how many miles they got on the first few sets of runflats and the fuel economy they were getting. You could tell the staffers were really rippin' on that poor V. :thepan: Not saying the dif isn't a weak point, just that the fact that it made it to 40k under their "conditions" is a miracle.

OldRoadDawg
05-01-06, 09:19 AM
Road & Track: "Service resulted in a replacement of the differential under warranty, but that fixed the problem for only a month. We'll be going back soon."

It will interesting if the service manager labels those guys from R&T as driving the V abusively and denies their warranty claim. :tisk:

Devil_concours
05-01-06, 10:22 AM
Road & Track: "Service resulted in a replacement of the differential under warranty, but that fixed the problem for only a month. We'll be going back soon."

It will interesting if the service manager labels those guys from R&T as driving the V abusively and denies their warranty claim. :tisk:
major publications. They probably treat those guys as kings

CVP33
05-01-06, 05:34 PM
You guys ought to start a letter campaign to Road and Track explaining to them that the rear differential failure on their car is not a fluke, but is in fact a design flaw of all CTS-V's. Time to take the gloves off if you truly want it fixed for good.

SoCadillac
05-01-06, 05:48 PM
You guys ought to start a letter campaign to Road and Track explaining to them that the rear differential failure on their car is not a fluke, but is in fact a design flaw of all CTS-V's. Time to take the gloves off if you truly want it fixed for good.
This is an excellent idea. :thumbsup:

MWD
05-01-06, 06:12 PM
major publications. They probably treat those guys as kings

They do generally. Last time the road test editor flew here to SFO, he asked them for a CTS-V loaner, and they met him at the airport with one. Membership has its privileges.

Michael

lasstss
05-01-06, 09:02 PM
At least the horse is facing front!:D