: New Pics of the Ride

nparrous
04-30-06, 04:44 PM
Ok, so here's the deal. I have been all over these boards for the past month or so since before I bought this car on Ebay in Rhode Island. :thumbsup: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-2005-CADILLAC-CTS-V_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43903QQitemZ461981034 4QQrdZ1
This is a great place for information and I sincerely appreciate all those who contribute, especially for those of us who are new.

I wasn't actually looking for a V when I bought it, although I had seen them and was certainly curious. I have been driving BMW for years and was unloading a 2001 X5 and in the market for a 02 or 03 M5. unfortunately, Chris Bangle has screwed up most of the current BMW production models and the current 5 series is no exception. Just plain ugly. I just coudn't wait 6 months for an ugly car, so it was 02 or 03 for me. Anyway, I threw out this low bid on this 05 v and won it. Shock. Now I am really starting to get into this car. I just got a Corsa installed and I absolutely love the sound.

My biggest concern seems to be reliabilty. I have seen many posts relating to pretty significant problems with these vehicles. I can only hope that I was lucky enough to get one that won't provide many major issues, but truth is, all performance vehicles eventually have some problems to contend with. simple law of physics: "GO FAST---BREAK THINGS". I learned that years ago with riding motorcycles on both dirt and road, I just dont have time for broken crap these days.

Anyway, I wanted to post a few pics of the new V (since having Corsa installed, powdercoating wheels and Calipers, and installing cross drilled rotors). I do have one more major thing that I need to do and that is get a short throw shifter and replace the bushings. I just don't know if my Cadi dealer down here has much experience with this kind of stuff. I guess I'll find out.

later
nick

Staxxin
04-30-06, 04:58 PM
CONGRATS!!! The car looks GREAT!!!:thumbsup: Are the rotors, the GM cross drilled?

fig32
04-30-06, 05:00 PM
Nick,
Welcome to the club and congrats on the awesome deal you got. I just picked up a used 05 V identical to yours with the Corsa already installed:thumbsup:

I share your concerns and after reading some of the posts here, I was afraid to buy the V. I also owned a number of BMWs and can't stand the latest ones either. I must say that I am on my second Vette and now the V. The vettes have been extremely reliable and easy to mod. I was hoping that the V would provide much of what the Vette does but still leave room for the family. I am not dissapointed!

The weird thing is sometimes I shut off the radio and listen to see if the rear diff is whining or some other clunk. I am just going to drive the car and have fun. If something goes wrong, I will take it to a friendly dealer. This is a great car and we should just enjoy driving it! Good luck with yours:cheers:

Mark

nparrous
04-30-06, 11:05 PM
CONGRATS!!! The car looks GREAT!!!:thumbsup: Are the rotors, the GM cross drilled?

Yes they are GM rotors. painted the hats black to eliminate rust. The brakes are definately a great part of the V package. It took a couple of days to get the zinc finish off the contact part of the rotors, so they didn't bite very well at first, but I just went on a spirited drive and they worked extremely well.

DILLIGAF
04-30-06, 11:12 PM
Car looks great,don't sweat the breakdowns,I'm maggied for the last 15,000 miles and have 27,000 on the clock total.Stock diff,clunk,hop ya ya ya,the car hauls ass,when and if it breaks i'l fix it.

nparrous
05-01-06, 12:47 AM
Car looks great,don't sweat the breakdowns,I'm maggied for the last 15,000 miles and have 27,000 on the clock total.Stock diff,clunk,hop ya ya ya,the car hauls ass,when and if it breaks i'l fix it.
that's exactly what i was hoping to hear. My 2001 tahoe, which i sold in 2005, was only in the shop 1 time for a recall item. Thats pretty damn good considering my x5 practically lived there. I am hoping that the v holds up just as well.

MSJ
05-01-06, 02:22 AM
hey nick! looks nice :) Did you have the wheels done locally? or shipped off. I"m thinking about doing a black chrome or see if they can lighten it up a bit.

I've had a few lil issues with my V, but nothing big, cept the diff, which I got the new 06 diff out of. Heck, the little things I save up and have them fixed when I come in for an oil change and they give me an Escalade to drive and detail my car when I"m there - Love my dealership ;)

later mike

lawfive
05-01-06, 02:26 AM
Welcome & good job so far. Nice to see you picked the fastest color.

Kadonny
05-01-06, 10:32 AM
Welcome & good job so far. Nice to see you picked the fastest color.

Yeah? Did you read the part about throwing out the "low bid". He bid low because of the slow color, we all know that. Come on lawfive :stirpot:

Congrats on the car, and welcome. You will love it.

rand49er
05-01-06, 11:21 AM
... My biggest concern seems to be reliabilty. I have seen many posts relating to pretty significant problems with these vehicles ...I may be in the minority, but I believe it's primarily a function of how hard you drive it. I have 22.5k of trouble free miles. :bouncy:

I must say, I like rp64ctsv's attitude though: drive it, and if it breaks, fix it. :highfive:

V-SATX
05-01-06, 11:48 AM
Congrats on your new ride...looks great. My next mod is the rotors and pads. I respect my V when driving it hard. No need for me to drop the clutch at 2500 rpm to experience a good spirited ride.

:welcome: