: Front End Shacking

jackfoot
04-30-06, 04:33 AM
I'm having a little problem with my 96 brougham. It seems as though the front end is shaking a low speeds. I notice it a lot below 40mph, but it still does it a little a high speeds. I don't know if I need to balance my tires, alignment, shocks or what. It is wobbling and shaking the steering wheel from side to side. Does anyone have any clue what this is?

Timothy60
04-30-06, 08:56 PM
I had a similar issue with my 93 Fleetwood last week. I had my snow tires removed and the regular tires mounted. I asked them to rotate and balance the tires, too. On my drive home, there was a bad vibration between 59 and 65 MPH. I went back and had them re-balance the wheels, which they did. (This was at BJ's Wholesale) To my distress, that did not eliminate the vibration, and the technician said the tires were now in excellent balance. When I arrived home, I reversed the rotation and put the back tires on the front and vice-versa. That solved the problem. I know it makes no sense, but there you are. I wish I could explain it rationally, but I can't.

N0DIH
05-01-06, 03:15 PM
Bad shock? Allowing the wheel to bounce violently?

Have someone drive along side of you and observe the tires during that vibration.

Timothy60
05-01-06, 09:00 PM
No, mine was just a mild vibration slightly evident in the steering wheel. Nevertheless, it started when I had my snowtires removed and regular tires remounted (Tiger Paws). It's gone now.