: Bad Mileage Not Fpr

94CaddyConcours
04-29-06, 08:58 PM
I still get horrible MPG, I suspect it the injector.
I tried the test for the FPR as Ranger told.
Also how do I test the FI.

If I let the car running in park for a while I get about 6.6MPG

Is it advisable to use carb cleaner in the intake manifold?

Also while I'm here, if I get a 95 intake Manifold would that increase my hp up to 300 ?Would it be possible.

I been trying to tackle down this issue for a while with limited time.
Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank in Advance,
Bill :worship:

Ranger
04-29-06, 09:48 PM
Tech Tips section has a "How To" check the FI's.

94CaddyConcours
05-01-06, 05:54 PM
To correct myself before going any further, my car doesnt have a MAF, or is it somwhere else beside next to the TB

Ranger
05-01-06, 06:12 PM
I think yours has a MAP rather than a MAF. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

eldorado1
05-01-06, 06:25 PM
I still get horrible MPG, I suspect it the injector.
I tried the test for the FPR as Ranger told.
Also how do I test the FI.

If I let the car running in park for a while I get about 6.6MPG

Is it advisable to use carb cleaner in the intake manifold?

Also while I'm here, if I get a 95 intake Manifold would that increase my hp up to 300 ?Would it be possible.

I been trying to tackle down this issue for a while with limited time.
Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank in Advance,
Bill :worship:

There is no easy way to diagnose leaking or stuck open injectors on the pre 95's... But what you can do is put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail, and turn the key to RUN (not START), and looking at the fuel pressure. If it holds steady for 15+ minutes your fuel system is fine. If it starts dropping you have a leak somewhere in the system.

You won't gain any hp by going to the 95 manifold. The 300hp northstars use different cams than the 275hp northstars. The 5hp gain from the 95+ manifolds was due to the elimination of slots in the heads.

94CaddyConcours
05-06-06, 08:35 PM
Sorry guy I been busy latelt and Havent got the time to thank for all of your response. I learn new thing everyday on this site and and on the car.

I didnt really touch my car either. Plus I dont have a gauge to test my fuel system. One thing that might be important that I left out is that when the key is on the ON position the MPG goes down slowly. I would lose like 1 mile every 2-3 minute.
I thought I could get my injector out and bring it to an auto part store and get it test. Can somone confirm me is it possible to test the F/I.

What I found out was that our car have 3 horns or is there should me more that I didnt see.
Also While I was look under the car beneath the right/passenger headlight there somthing that look like a filter that run from the oil cooler to the engine. I dont think its a trans cooler is it?

Thanks,
Bill Song

Ranger
05-06-06, 10:31 PM
An auto parts store is not likely to be able to tell you any more than that the injector functions. There is a "How To" test for leaky injectors in the Tech Tips section.

I think your car has 4 horns.

Trans cooler is in the radiator side tank. Oil cooler is in the other. Not sure what you are seeing there.

packrat427
05-06-06, 11:42 PM
^^ I think what you are seeing there that looks like a mini cooler is for the power steering .

Ranger, I replied to you in that stutter ,trans. post

94CaddyConcours
05-07-06, 08:15 PM
OK 4 horns. How many more does these tank need.

Look under the right/passenger headlight near 2 of the horn. There something that look like a metal can/fuel filter look a like that run from the oil cooler. Or just follow the oil cooler line and see where it goes. Maybe it just my car.

Ranger
05-07-06, 09:57 PM
Maybe what you are seeing is the vacuum reserviour. Does it have any vacuum lines to it. Oil lines would be steel.

packrat427
05-08-06, 12:06 AM
I see what you are seeing I think ,mine has a filter looking canister that has steel lines to it and a little mini looking cooler next to it ,looks like a little trans cooler ,I have been told that it was for the P/S ,a filter and a cooler ,the cooler is about 6 " long and 2 1/2 " wide .
Does this make since.

eldorado1
05-08-06, 08:04 AM
I see what you are seeing I think ,mine has a filter looking canister that has steel lines to it and a little mini looking cooler next to it ,looks like a little trans cooler ,I have been told that it was for the P/S ,a filter and a cooler ,the cooler is about 6 " long and 2 1/2 " wide .
Does this make since.

that's exactly what it is

94CaddyConcours
05-20-06, 08:23 PM
Here the picture to help clarify:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/THAMAUP/CADFILTER01.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/THAMAUP/CADFILTER02.jpg

Ranger
05-20-06, 08:59 PM
Not a very clear picture but kinda looks like a fuel filter. Follow the lines.

94CaddyConcours
05-21-06, 07:10 PM
Well, Does our car have 2 fuel filter? BTW it is located iun the front.

Ranger
05-21-06, 08:27 PM
Nah, should only be one. Did you trace the lines and see where they go? Now you have our curiosity up.

clarkz71
05-22-06, 04:45 AM
Well, Does our car have 2 fuel filter? BTW it is located iun the front.

The filter in the front right wheel well area is the power steering filter.

94CaddyConcours
05-22-06, 02:17 PM
The filter in the front right wheel well area is the power steering filter.

Gotcha.