: Does Cadillac offer something like this?

VELOSE
04-29-06, 02:58 PM
I was watching the Barrett/Jackson auctions on speed channel the other day. They were auctioning an FR500 Mustang that won the Grand Am Cup. They sold for $150,000. At the same time, the Director of Ford Racing mentioned on TV that you can buy your own FR500 race ready Mustang from Ford Motorsports Catalog. I was like......WHAT?:eek:

Check this out... http://www.fordracingparts.com/mustang/specifications.asp

http://www.fordracingparts.com/images/part/full/M-1620001-BL.jpg

Chef
04-29-06, 03:10 PM
Velose,

I was watching the same deal as well. That car had already won a few races as well and fetched that high $$ dough...That sort of mustard color was sort of trick as well:)

When I heard that you can order one brand spankin' new I flipped too!

Good news, Barrett/Jackson is in my old hood on McDowell Mountain...

Life is good....

Chef

1MEANV
04-29-06, 03:13 PM
:tsucks: :stirpot:

blown black caddy
04-29-06, 03:53 PM
Did you see how light the doors were when they opened them? Paper thin and definitely a race car. I thought I overheard the Team Cadillac guys at Long Beach saying that the CTS-V race car floor board sits slightly lower than stock. :eek:

wildwhl
04-29-06, 04:10 PM
GM/Caddilac has something exactly like this, only entirely different:

1) Look at available mod from dealer or online for your V
2) Think about it. Maybe even install it.
3) Void your warranty because you drive it too hard, blame CVP33 stickers on radiator cover.
4) Refer you to Larry if you disagree.

Sorry...can't resist. This car is pissing me off today. Class II comm lost, dead battery, and some F'ed up suspension clunk with a leaking radiator, differential and another faulty sun visor. I'm ready for something else.

WW

CVP33
04-29-06, 06:37 PM
Sorry...can't resist. This car is pissing me off today. Class II comm lost, dead battery, and some F'ed up suspension clunk with a leaking radiator, differential and another faulty sun visor. I'm ready for something else.

WW

I know exactly where you're at right now. I was there twice. Once with each of my CTS-V's. I'll sit on the sidelines for awhile in hopes that GM fixes the 2008. They've got to be stinging somewhat from the warranty claims, NHTSA reports, lemon law cases, etc. Here's hoping they've learned their lesson.

Now, I'm not rubbing it in, but in over 9,000 miles I've yet to have an issue in the SRT. And yes I've killed the rear tires already. Reliability trials have an expense and it's usually the tires first.

wildwhl
04-29-06, 06:44 PM
CVP -

you're lucky you don't have to look at the SRT when you're inside. That's the only reason you're able to enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

WW

CVP33
04-29-06, 06:54 PM
CVP -

you're lucky you don't have to look at the SRT when you're inside. That's the only reason you're able to enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

WW

It's definitely got love it or hate it styling just like the V.

alcast082
04-29-06, 07:52 PM
they actually had a race cts-v for sale on ebay a while ago, something from grand am cup or something.
the car weighed 2900 pounds, roll cage, suspention was tricked out and the ls6 had some little work here and there, it sold for 50,000 on ebay.
imagine 400hp on a car that light, and then you put a maggie on it.:thumbsup:

skepticman
04-29-06, 07:53 PM
This article came out last month about Cadillac looking into third party performance upgrades.

Cadillac Eyes Super Vs and Tuner Vs la Saleen, Brabus
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109736

"We are considering tuner versions of the Vs and working with an outside company, like Mercedes does with Brabus or Ford does with Saleen."

VELOSE
04-30-06, 03:01 AM
skepticman, there's already www.mallettcars.com as a tuner for the V's.

WW, if I had your problems, I'd probably dump the V with a heartbeat. Fortunately for me, the problems with my V, are ones I created. I put a supercharger in my car that has been giving me some minor annoyances. Other than that, my V is fine.

Anyhow, I was so surprised to know Ford offers this. I might just opt for one of these instead of a GT3. :D

lawfive
05-01-06, 03:13 AM
It's definitely got love it or hate it styling just like the V.

Chris,

What did you buy? 300 or Charger?

NIK
05-01-06, 12:31 PM
I know exactly where you're at right now. I was there twice. Once with each of my CTS-V's. I'll sit on the sidelines for awhile in hopes that GM fixes the 2008. They've got to be stinging somewhat from the warranty claims, NHTSA reports, lemon law cases, etc. Here's hoping they've learned their lesson.

Now, I'm not rubbing it in, but in over 9,000 miles I've yet to have an issue in the SRT. And yes I've killed the rear tires already. Reliability trials have an expense and it's usually the tires first.

Well, I have a bit over 10,000 miles on my '05 V and have yet to have any issues with it (other than replacing my F-1's at 9,800 miles.) So what's the point? I know for a fact that the 300C SRT-8's are having their issues also. Maybe we both got good ones or maybe we both just got lucky. Either way, enjoy yours and I love mine!