: I'm driving @ 65mph, hit the gas pedal, & the car wouldn't accelerate!

verbs
04-29-06, 01:43 AM
Coming home from the airport, crusing down the highway, in 5th gear @3000 rpms about to change lanes, hit the gas, and the car didn't accerlate! The revs were up and electronics on, but the car wouldn't move. I down shifted thinking the gear went out, and no dice, no acceleration. I pull over to the shoulder of the highway, and the car was shutoff. Tried turning it on, it was struggling to turnover and just wouldn't go. I thought maybe my gas gauge was off because I only was showing 1/8 in the tank, but had the tow truck take me to the gas station and that was it.

Tried to crank the car up after adding gas, and this time it was just clicking. Must be electrical I'm thinking. I've been having problems with my car battery dying really quickly if you leave the door open for a little bit or don't run the car for a few weeks. When I got new tires on the car and my windows tinted my car died at both places.

What do you guys think? Alternator? Car has a whopping 7000 miles on it, it's a 2005. :mad:

Ishminder
04-29-06, 01:49 AM
Use the onstar button and have it towed to the dealership. The way you describe it, sounds almost like a safety hazard. I guess the 400 horses got sick and decided to take a little break. Good luck and hope you get it fixed soon.

verbs
04-29-06, 01:58 AM
Use the onstar button and have it towed to the dealership. The way you describe it, sounds almost like a safety hazard. I guess the 400 horses got sick and decided to take a little break. Good luck and hope you get it fixed soon.

Definitely a safety hazard because I had to cross 5 lanes of traffic doing 40mph or so in a 65mph zone, and I was squeezed between a wall and the freeway on a tiny shoulder. I just used the phone to call Caddy because I forgot I have Onstar LOL!! :thepan:

lawfive
04-29-06, 11:24 AM
Verbs,

Here's my guess:

Problem number one: bad throttle body servo.
Problem number two: your "fast" battery died off while you were trying to figure out problem number one.

Chef
04-29-06, 11:54 AM
Verbs,

I'm starting to have some issues in that arena as well. Car died while it was being read for diagnostic codes:rant2: Now, it's slowly turning over and not firing right.

Stealthv tune is not where it needs to be (no fault with them I'm sure) and still running lean after a second loaner (more rich) pcm is in. Checking throttle body, intake, air leaks, maf sensors etc. No engine light is on but previously was coded for misfires (changed plugs to TR6's) and haven't had that code pop up. Only idle code 507 initially popped up.

Still pinging slightly from 50-80 mph when it's loaded and this scares me. 91 octane plus octane boost --- still happening

WHAT is the sound of potential DETONATION?

StealthV
04-29-06, 12:13 PM
Chef, that pinging at 90 mph is detonation. Avoid putting your V in that situation right now.

On Monday, I'm sending you a PCM next day air for arrival on Tuesday.

StealthV
04-29-06, 12:46 PM
Chef, checking the service manual on DTC 0507, the troubleshooting advice is to check for vacuum leaks or faulty PCV.

Fix that and your V will most likely run much better. If the right vacuum signal is not getting to the fuel pump booster module, it won't be pumping enough fuel during wide open throttle.

wildwhl
04-29-06, 05:46 PM
Stealth knows what he speaks...but don't ask how I know :cookoo:

CIWS
04-29-06, 06:40 PM
Stealth knows what he speaks...but don't ask how I know :cookoo:

I bet if we check your phone records we'll see you've been calling Miss Cleo....

verbs
05-02-06, 10:55 PM
Verbs,

Here's my guess:

Problem number one: bad throttle body servo.
Problem number two: your "fast" battery died off while you were trying to figure out problem number one.

Well, after running a "battery" of tests, it was just the battery. :rolleyes:

Silver Dollar
05-03-06, 07:24 AM
Like I said on another thread, these anomalous electrical gremlins can often be traced to a bad battery.

Luna.
05-03-06, 11:46 AM
Still pinging slightly from 50-80 mph when it's loaded and this scares me. 91 octane plus octane boost --- still happening

WHAT is the sound of potential DETONATION?

What octane boost are you using? And I'm certain that the pinging you are hearing *IS* detonation. If you must drive the car, I would definitely NOT "push" the motor at all until Rick has a chance to adjust the tune.

One other thing to consider (which was a problem with me)--be sure to CHECK YOUR INTERCOOLER FOR WATER. If that gets low, your S/C will not be getting properly cooled and, as a result, will be much more apt to ping than otherwise normal.

I bet if we check your phone records we'll see you've been calling Miss Cleo....

:histeric:

Chef
05-04-06, 10:28 PM
One other thing to consider (which was a problem with me)--be sure to CHECK YOUR INTERCOOLER FOR WATER. If that gets low, your S/C will not be getting properly cooled and, as a result, will be much more apt to ping than otherwise normal.

Thanks, already checked it --- full.:crybaby: