: lemon law, return to v next week

street
04-28-06, 08:39 PM
so i had a lemon law case on the v and gm is buying it back. any way i have everthing i put on it for sale. b&m shifter, magnaflow exhaust, lingenfelter intake, hotchkiss sway bars and eibachs if anyone is interested. email me if you want porazz2301@verizon.net p.s. i also have a set of rear shocks for a regular cts if anyone cares.

ace996
04-28-06, 08:53 PM
please share your experience...several posters are also on that road.
Thanks

First Class Motoring
04-28-06, 11:16 PM
i also had mine lemoned.it was a 05v.took 7 months :eek:

Ryan's '05-V
04-29-06, 03:45 AM
Street, PM sent.

anim8orCTSV
04-29-06, 05:20 AM
I am also very curious about the details on your experience.

-anim8orCTSV

street
04-29-06, 05:41 PM
i can get the pm's but i can't answer because i don't have enough posts . i'll post the experience tommorrow, with details

CVP33
04-29-06, 06:29 PM
I found it more cost effective to bail. My time means too much to me to get involved in a prolonged legal battle. Of course GM knows this and will fight any claim to the end. God bless 'em.

AmesCTS-V
04-30-06, 01:49 AM
Fight any claim would be incorrect. I lemon law'd my Trailblazer. GM was very easy to work with. Never had a lawyer. Only took 2 phone calls and a good dealership.

Joey'sVee
04-30-06, 08:22 AM
I was thinking about trading mine in before my latest problems. I was told (and went to several dealerships) they would give me 29K for an 04 with 12K miles on it. It's less than one year old and went from 52K to 29K. They know about the V's issues.

Please let us know all the details in your case as A LOT of us V owners are going through the same thing.

Joey'sVee
04-30-06, 08:23 AM
caddiyesso, please post your details to.

naiculnila
04-30-06, 09:33 AM
yes please share...
I am currently scheduled for a court date in NOvember!

GM did not want to buy it back the nice way. So court is the next step!

what issues did you have to get it lemoned?..etc?

First Class Motoring
04-30-06, 02:30 PM
to make my long story short,i took my car in to the dealler in sep 01/05 for tranny to get fixed, because it did not get into 1st gear after a stop.they cept the car for 32 days:eek: after i picked up the car 5th and 6th gear were gone and i did not notice it intill i got on the freeway :eek: :eek: .took it back and picked it up 12days later. i was going to arbitration but after the 3rd call from gm maid me :rant2: i just called one of the best lemon law lawyer thanks to one of my customers and fought with gm to replace my car.after 6 months i just gave up and lost about $5000.but now i'm driving an 06 v and i leased it,never ever buy new cars it's not worth it.just lease them enjoy them and trow it back to them:) :)

Joey'sVee
04-30-06, 02:49 PM
to make my long story short,i took my car in to the dealler in sep 01/05 for tranny to get fixed, because it did not get into 1st gear after a stop.they cept the car for 32 days:eek: after i picked up the car 5th and 6th gear were gone and i did not notice it intill i got on the freeway :eek: :eek: .took it back and picked it up 12days later. i was going to arbitration but after the 3rd call from gm maid me :rant2: i just called one of the best lemon law lawyer thanks to one of my customers and fought with gm to replace my car.after 6 months i just gave up and lost about $5000.but now i'm driving an 06 v and i leased it,never ever buy new cars it's not worth it.just lease them enjoy them and trow it back to them:) :)

So did you just trade in your 05 V in on the 06 lease V? So I guess your 05 wasn't officialy lemoned, right?

First Class Motoring
04-30-06, 03:27 PM
no it was.after i lemoned my 05 i just leased the 06v.

Joey'sVee
04-30-06, 04:15 PM
So if it was lemoned then why do you say "I just gave up"? So I guess they did buy back your 05 but you lost 5K in lawyer fees? I thought GM had to pay for reasonable atty fees. Sorry I'm a little confused.

First Class Motoring
04-30-06, 04:19 PM
i whanted gm to replace my car.that's what gave up and the $5000 was my downpayment.

Joey'sVee
04-30-06, 04:22 PM
....oic

First Class Motoring
04-30-06, 04:29 PM
hey joey did you try to send me a privet message?.my pm doesn't work because i dont have 50 posts yet.you can e-mail my @ yesso@sbcglobal.net

Joey'sVee
04-30-06, 04:37 PM
ok I'll send it there!

vetteboy2k
04-30-06, 07:08 PM
interested in the hotchkis swaybars and the B&M shifter.

street
05-01-06, 03:21 AM
email me porazz2301@verizon.net

Joey'sVee
05-01-06, 09:44 AM
Street, will you share your lemon experience with us? Thanks bro!

obzidian
05-01-06, 12:03 PM
just sent my info with a lemon lawyer so we'll see how things turn up. This must be some interesting times when ppl come to this board wanting to buy one of these vehicles and come across one of these posts. unfortunately we can try and ice coat everything but that wouldn't be fair for any potential buyer....

still a nice car though.. which is the part that absolutely kills me!!!! :)

Joey'sVee
05-01-06, 04:51 PM
this is why these cars lose 20K in value in the first year of ownership. Can you beleive A 52K car only got a trade in of 29K after 1 year of me owning it? And it's in PERFECT condition too. I tried 4 places and 29K was the highest they offered! I think everyone is starting to find out that these cars are junk.

AmesCTS-V
05-01-06, 05:17 PM
KBB is at $40k for a trade and I've never received less than KBB for my trades.

Joey'sVee
05-01-06, 09:03 PM
All 4 places told me they would give me KBB....then I took it and it was a different story. Take yours and see. I was very suprised. They offered me 9K less than KBB for mine.NADA is 33K usualy the NADA is higher than KBB but not for these.

AmesCTS-V
05-01-06, 09:18 PM
I trade about once per year and always got KBB. If you are just walking in a radom dealership and asking what will you give me of course it's low. Most dealerships will give you some crap offer and hope you take it. If you are serious and counter offer things change pretty quickly.

Before I go buy a car I decide what I want to pay for the car I'm buying and I lookup KBB on my trade, then I take the difference and that's the number they have to hit, they can word it however they want with the car price and trade value, but that difference number is all I look at.

street
05-02-06, 04:13 AM
vette boy the sways are still up for grabs email me porazz2301@verizon.net

street
05-02-06, 04:15 AM
guys i'll post mywhole deal as soon as i get a little more time i work two jobs and i'll be off this weekend sorry but i promise i'll get to it

Joey'sVee
05-02-06, 08:45 AM
I trade about once per year and always got KBB. If you are just walking in a radom dealership and asking what will you give me of course it's low. Most dealerships will give you some crap offer and hope you take it. If you are serious and counter offer things change pretty quickly.

Before I go buy a car I decide what I want to pay for the car I'm buying and I lookup KBB on my trade, then I take the difference and that's the number they have to hit, they can word it however they want with the car price and trade value, but that difference number is all I look at.

Man you just dont know. The last place I was at I was at the dealership 4 hours trying to trade it in and they can't come close to KBB. I don't care how many cars you've bought, sold, or traded. I wish you were right here. For some reason Edmunds value is 31K, NADA is 33K, loan value is 28K. I think they all know about the issues. KBB is still way behind and their price is 37K for mine. Usually KBB is the lowest hence the reason they buy using KBB and sell using NADA. Not the case here.

Bro if you can get me KBB then I will come to where you are and trade mine in. email me, your phone number because I would love to talk to you. jmed99@hotmail.com

It is the oddest thing to not get KBB trade in I know. I was also VERY surprised. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can get it here even thought that has been past experience.

AmesCTS-V
05-02-06, 01:22 PM
The bonus of a low population in Iowa is that there are almost no V's around here. When I bought mine it came in from out of state. The only thing close to a V I've ever seen in Iowa was a CTS with a V grill. I still think I'll get KBB when I trade. I guess I'll find out in a couple of years when the next V comes out.

Intellex
06-01-06, 03:22 AM
Man you just dont know. The last place I was at I was at the dealership 4 hours trying to trade it in and they can't come close to KBB. I don't care how many cars you've bought, sold, or traded. I wish you were right here. For some reason Edmunds value is 31K, NADA is 33K, loan value is 28K. I think they all know about the issues. KBB is still way behind and their price is 37K for mine. Usually KBB is the lowest hence the reason they buy using KBB and sell using NADA. Not the case here.

Bro if you can get me KBB then I will come to where you are and trade mine in. email me, your phone number because I would love to talk to you. jmed99@hotmail.com

It is the oddest thing to not get KBB trade in I know. I was also VERY surprised. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can get it here even thought that has been past experience.

I'm not sure where you are or what kind of negotiation skills you have but the V is the one car where the depriciation is almost non existant.

My 06
52k msrp -> 42k with incentives and such (I think I got a good deal)

an 04 and 05 I was looking at
04 - 14k miles, mint condition :: window 43k-> They paid 41K for it So I couldn't get it for any less.

05 was even higher, it was actually cheaper to buy it brand new. If you're only getting 29k for it, you either suck at negotiating or you've turned your V into a pile of shit.

Luna.
06-01-06, 03:58 AM
Getting an '06 for ~$42K surely isn't very common. Where did you purchase your V from?

CVP33
06-01-06, 03:58 AM
I'm not sure where you are or what kind of negotiation skills you have but the V is the one car where the depriciation is almost non existant.

My 06
52k msrp -> 42k with incentives and such (I think I got a good deal)

an 04 and 05 I was looking at
04 - 14k miles, mint condition :: window 43k-> They paid 41K for it So I couldn't get it for any less.

05 was even higher, it was actually cheaper to buy it brand new. If you're only getting 29k for it, you either suck at negotiating or you've turned your V into a pile of shit.

Read the threads. The $43K purchase price is fairly easy to duplicate, however so is the $29K to $32K trade-in. I know, I did it twice. The depreciation is on par with other domestic luxury brands, but is much worse than the european counterparts.

Intellex
06-01-06, 07:12 AM
Read the threads. The $43K purchase price is fairly easy to duplicate, however so is the $29K to $32K trade-in. I know, I did it twice. The depreciation is on par with other domestic luxury brands, but is much worse than the european counterparts.

Not sure what I was looking for but I read the thread again just for you.

And I'm still not sure where you're mystery stats are coming from. An Audi s4 was one of the cars I considered before the V and they wouldn't even consider anything below 56k Now a quick autotrader search shows us the low price for a 2004 s4 for me is 32k (sale value, not trade).

Here's the autotrader search results for within 100 miles of me 92677:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?sort_type=priceASC&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=both&make=AUDI&distance=10&model=S4&address=92677&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1149158453890&min_price=&end_year=2004&start_year=2004&isp=y&lang=en

2004 s4 / 2006 S4 = % of orig val
32,000/ 56,000 = 57%

So given that info we have 43% max depreciation for our euro counterparts which we are somehow much worse than, let's see how the domestics fair.

Over to Cadillac dealership, minutes of walking through the door I was quoted a sale price of 42k for an 06 , I'll use 44k for a figure just in case I got an absolutely amazing deal or some quirk.

quick autotrader search of my area with the same restrictions as above:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=both&make=CAD&model=CTS&distance=100&address=92677&advanced=&certified=&bkms=1149158328535&max_price=55000&sort_type=priceASC&min_price=20000&end_year=2004&start_year=2004&isp=y&lang=en&pager.offset=25&first_record=26

Cheapest price I found is 34k so the same formula applies:

2004 CTS-V / 2006 CTS-V = % of orig val
34,000/ 44,000 = 77.3%

So we have a max dep of 22.7% Now I'm not sure where you went to school but I'd rather retain 75-80% of my car's value than have a european car that doesn't fair "much worse" in respect to holding a value.

As for your statement: "The $43K purchase price is fairly easy to duplicate, however so is the $29K to $32K trade-in. I know, I did it twice."

I'm not sure if you're bragging about getting fleeced or not but if you think that's just how it is, come talk to me next time you decide to sell a car, I could use an easy $5-10k ;)

Intellex
06-01-06, 07:23 AM
A quick note on the Audi s4 I looked at while I was looking at the V:

The actual OTD price they gave me was $62k after TTL. When I told them that was insane and that they're idiots they literally told me that if I didn't pay it someone else would which is why they don't negotiate from window or markup.

The dealership I dealt with is www.audimissionviejo.com if you'd like to work with this stand-up group of individuals.

Intellex
06-01-06, 07:34 AM
Getting an '06 for ~$42K surely isn't very common. Where did you purchase your V from?

I got it from www.allencadillac.com

My sales person's name was Bill Durfee, Tell him Douglas sent you and that I'd like a nice bottle of scotch should he make some sales from me ;)

moldowan
06-01-06, 10:31 AM
yeah i got 32k for my '05 with 15k on the clock:rant2:

Intellex
06-01-06, 11:16 AM
yeah i got 32k for my '05 with 15k on the clock:rant2:

And you took it?

:suspense:

CVP33
06-01-06, 06:13 PM
And you took it?

:suspense:

And your offer would be? I love all this talk about what the V's should be or what dealer "A" will give you, however in the end I've traded two and my experience was $32K-$33K for a 2004 and 2005. All the posts from real world transactions on our forum have validated this as the average trade-in. I'm aware of the asking prices in the Auto Trader and KBB's trade-in values. Unfortunately those don't seem to be repeatable in the real world.

Intellex
06-01-06, 08:06 PM
And your offer would be? I love all this talk about what the V's should be or what dealer "A" will give you, however in the end I've traded two and my experience was $32K-$33K for a 2004 and 2005. All the posts from real world transactions on our forum have validated this as the average trade-in. I'm aware of the asking prices in the Auto Trader and KBB's trade-in values. Unfortunately those don't seem to be repeatable in the real world.

My offer would be: "Don't accept $32k for a car which books for about $10k more"

Just because you and some others doesn't make it "real world", it simply makes you either daft or impatient. :bigroll:

CVP33
06-01-06, 09:34 PM
My offer would be: "Don't accept $32k for a car which books for about $10k more"

Just because you and some others doesn't make it "real world", it simply makes you either daft or impatient. :bigroll:

Thanks for the eye roll. For a minute there I thought you were serious. Obviously with 15 posts you've got some reading to do. I've read nearly every post on here for the last 2 years and have yet to see one of our forum members with similar miles sell or trade for $42,000 (your "book" value). I quess we're all neophites and you're the expert. Thank god you got here when you did. :thumbsup:

joshdctsv
06-01-06, 09:40 PM

Look.. i REALLY want you to be right on this subject, but I'm with everyone else here. A few months ago I tried with no success to trade my 05 w/20k in for a new 06 and was turned down for $32 trade in and $44 buy. KBB at the time said $34 (good cond). This was a CADDY dealership who surely recognizes the values of their used cars, mind you. Bark all you want about my poor negotiation skills, but at the end of they day, they walked away from the deal and choose not to have my business at all.

Couple of thoughts for you... Why would anyone buy a used vehicle for the same price they could get a new one. Obviously they wouldnt. The price of the used vehicle has to be signifigantly lower to convice a buyer to opt for it. If they're selling for $44, $3k (from your comments that it should be $41 to someone earlier) isnt much incentive for someone in our vehicle class to by used.

Also, on your Autotrader example above, keep in mind that the SELLING price they are advertising can not be used as the TRADE IN value of the car. The dealer is looking for at least $2-3k to flip the car.

Oh, and BTW, many of us are bitter for paying near MSRP 2 years ago, so this tends to be a bit of a sensitive topic. Nothing personal! :thumbsup:

Luna.
06-01-06, 10:14 PM
I've read nearly every post on here for the last 2 years

Even the ones that I post? :lildevil:

CVP33
06-01-06, 10:33 PM
Even the ones that I post? :lildevil:

Those are my favorites! :thumbsup:

crowan
06-01-06, 10:49 PM

Hey genious. If you can find any dealer willing to pay blue book value for a used V I'm sure that a significant number of owners will be happy to take it and give you a 10% finders fee.

I won't bother to recite the litany of reasons for the lousy real-world trade-in values, but the fact of the matter is that no one is paying blue book for Vs. No one.

Intellex
06-02-06, 12:35 AM
Hey genious. If you can find any dealer willing to pay blue book value for a used V I'm sure that a significant number of owners will be happy to take it and give you a 10% finders fee.

I won't bother to recite the litany of reasons for the lousy real-world trade-in values, but the fact of the matter is that no one is paying blue book for Vs. No one.

Thanks for the laugh, I'm a big fan of irony. ;)

Intellex
06-02-06, 12:42 AM
Look.. i REALLY want you to be right on this subject, but I'm with everyone else here. A few months ago I tried with no success to trade my 05 w/20k in for a new 06 and was turned down for $32 trade in and $44 buy. KBB at the time said $34 (good cond). This was a CADDY dealership who surely recognizes the values of their used cars, mind you. Bark all you want about my poor negotiation skills, but at the end of they day, they walked away from the deal and choose not to have my business at all.

Couple of thoughts for you... Why would anyone buy a used vehicle for the same price they could get a new one. Obviously they wouldnt. The price of the used vehicle has to be signifigantly lower to convice a buyer to opt for it. If they're selling for $44, $3k (from your comments that it should be $41 to someone earlier) isnt much incentive for someone in our vehicle class to by used.

Also, on your Autotrader example above, keep in mind that the SELLING price they are advertising can not be used as the TRADE IN value of the car. The dealer is looking for at least $2-3k to flip the car.

Oh, and BTW, many of us are bitter for paying near MSRP 2 years ago, so this tends to be a bit of a sensitive topic. Nothing personal! :thumbsup:

That's what I don't understand, why would people complain about the trade in value when they can sell it outright for 10k more? Just because the dealer doesn't want the car doesn't mean that's the market value, it just means your dealer doesn't want to pay KBB.

What kind of business would be successful if they lowered their price for every customer that didn't think they should pay full price? :confused:

crowan
06-02-06, 01:33 AM
That's not irony. That's real world reality. Do you have any facts to bring to the table or are you all mouth and clever smilies?

Kadonny
06-02-06, 08:48 AM
*grabs popcorn*
*sits back ready to enjoy the show*

Intellex
06-02-06, 11:52 AM
That's not irony. That's real world reality. Do you have any facts to bring to the table or are you all mouth and clever smilies?

Completely over your head.

To you, I am evidently going to be all mouth and clever smilies. ;)

I will definately look forward to some more of your "real world reality" though. :D

joshdctsv
06-02-06, 02:46 PM
That's what I don't understand, why would people complain about the trade in value when they can sell it outright for 10k more? Just because the dealer doesn't want the car doesn't mean that's the market value, it just means your dealer doesn't want to pay KBB.

What kind of business would be successful if they lowered their price for every customer that didn't think they should pay full price? :confused:

If I could sell it myself for 10k more than what I asked them for it, the dealer, with its certification program, marketting program, sales tax benefits and favored position as a trusted seller, could certainly do so as well. They would have gladly taken my offer and the crazy-healthy $8-10K profit they'd make from flipping it. What kind of business would turn away such an option? :confused: They typically make $1-2k profit on selling a new car.

The simple fact is, dealers and wholesalers DO define the market value if for no other reason than volume alone. Yes, one could probably work hard enough to find a fool willing to over pay through classified ads, etc, but that doesnt mean that entire market value for the car is then higher.

New 06s are selling for $44-46. Used 05s with 30k miles are now down to $30k trade-in. I paid $50. Ouch.

Intellex
06-02-06, 02:58 PM
If I could sell it myself for 10k more than what I asked them for it, the dealer, with its certification program, marketting program, sales tax benefits and favored position as a trusted seller, could certainly do so as well. They would have gladly taken my offer and the crazy-healthy $8-10K profit they'd make from flipping it. What kind of business would turn away such an option? :confused: They typically make $1-2k profit on selling a new car.

The simple fact is, dealers and wholesalers DO define the market value if for no other reason than volume alone. Yes, one could probably work hard enough to find a fool willing to over pay through classified ads, etc, but that doesnt mean that entire market value for the car is then higher.

New 06s are selling for $44-46. Used 05s with 30k miles are now down to $30k trade-in. I paid $50. Ouch.

I see your point of view and it looks like you see mine

Ouch indeed though :(

M5eatr
06-02-06, 04:35 PM

Not to say that we don't have depreciation, but my brother just tradded his E500 sport, an 03, great condition for a CLS 500. The dealers he shopped would only give him 25 to 30 K for it. The ones who would give him 25 wouldn't come down that much from MSRP while the higher ones were willing to come down more. So he is selling it on his own. All cars depreciate and they are all taking big hits now, no matter the make.

You want investments, go to Etrade, or watch the lunatic Cramer.

mike041357
06-02-06, 06:24 PM
Hey joshdctsv......email me at mike@4snyds.com....
I can PM you (yet) and am interested to know why you went back to stock from the More Perf CAI.
Thanks!

Intellex
06-02-06, 06:31 PM
Not to say that we don't have depreciation, but my brother just tradded his E500 sport, an 03, great condition for a CLS 500. The dealers he shopped would only give him 25 to 30 K for it. The ones who would give him 25 wouldn't come down that much from MSRP while the higher ones were willing to come down more. So he is selling it on his own. All cars depreciate and they are all taking big hits now, no matter the make.

That's exactly what I mean! Thank you for illustrating it with this example.

Based on the mentality and complaints in this thread, the market value for that car is $25-30k because that's all the dealer will give him. Which is fine if you want to take that pathetic offer, but don't go telling everyone that's all the car is worth just because you accepted it.

In reality that car is worth ~$40k

crowan
06-02-06, 06:35 PM
*grabs popcorn*
*sits back ready to enjoy the show*

LOL.

Sorry to disappoint, but this guy isn't worth the effort. I just have to shake my head when a guy pops up out of nowhere claiming that depreciation on Vs is "non-existent" and proclaiming that everyone who has first hand experience to the contrary is "daft."

I'll just enjoy the entertainment value until he is gone like his predecessors of similar attitude.

Intellex
06-02-06, 07:04 PM
LOL.

Sorry to disappoint, but this guy isn't worth the effort. I just have to shake my head when a guy pops up out of nowhere claiming that depreciation on Vs is "non-existent" and proclaiming that everyone who has first hand experience to the contrary is "daft."

I'll just enjoy the entertainment value until he is gone like his predecessors of similar attitude.

lol

I could have first hand experience with pissing into a fan too but that doesn't make me a urologist. :suspense:

And in case that analogy flew right over you head, the moral is this:

"You can do something stupid (ie give away 10k), but that doesn't mean you are an expert on the subject especially when someone ignorant of the facts and inexperienced can spend 5 seconds on autotrader and discover otherwise."

Enjoy my entertainment value till your heart's content, I'll enjoy my extra $10k should I decide to get rid of the V ;)

PS Is "Real world Reality" kinda like really wet water? I'm not sure, I'm obviously no genious.

CVP33
06-02-06, 09:02 PM

I love Cramer, but honestly I was talking about the European premium sedans not the E500. I was thinking more E55, M5, M3, C32, C55 - those hold their value much better than their domestic counterparts. The E500 would be more like a CTS sport or 300C Hemi with regard to depreciation.

The discussion really started when someone asserted that you could actually sell your used V for $40K+. I like reality. Although fantasy worlds do have their advantage.

CVP33
06-02-06, 09:03 PM
lol

I could have first hand experience with pissing into a fan too but that doesn't make me a urologist. :suspense:

I think I'm starting to like you. Great analogy and Freud would have a field day with that. Speaking of pissing into a fan, do you know dannystang? :thumbsup:

ace996
06-02-06, 09:22 PM
I've pissed into fans plenty, mostly just 'cuz I could. What I've learned?..
Insanity is like peeing your pants, only you can feel it's warmth.
Yeah...$40K for a used V....
-ace

GT04CTS-V
06-02-06, 09:32 PM
I bought my V for $42K, brand new. Can't imagine paying $40K for a used one.

GT

M5eatr
06-03-06, 08:16 AM
CVP, I think you need to check the prices on the e55's. The cars supposedly sticker for around 95K depending on options, their navigation package is a ridiculous amount. There are 04ís on ebay for the 50 to 60k range. That is just about the same level of depreciation the Vís have. I donít want to get into arguments over depreciation. It sucks especially when you bought for MSRP. But all cars depreciate, Stick with Cramer, Chris a big stut-stut-stut-tering Boo-ba-boo-baaa-boo-yaaah to you.

Intellex, if you want to give my brother 40K for the car, itís yours.

urbanski
06-03-06, 08:42 AM
i'll sell mine for $55K

Whiteknights
06-03-06, 10:41 AM
We all know the price you get for a car has many variables. In the DFW market, you can get a low mileage 04' V for about $33k and an 05' V for about $36k.

Whiteknights
06-03-06, 10:42 AM
Hey Street..I emailed you on the CAI

crowan
06-03-06, 11:04 AM
i'll sell mine for $55K

Just list it on Autotrader. Apparently thats where the trend-setting young sophisticates with deep pockets like to shop.

CR

CVP33
06-03-06, 12:59 PM
CVP, I think you need to check the prices on the e55's. The cars supposedly sticker for around 95K depending on options, their navigation package is a ridiculous amount. There are 04ís on ebay for the 50 to 60k range. That is just about the same level of depreciation the Vís have. I donít want to get into arguments over depreciation. It sucks especially when you bought for MSRP. But all cars depreciate, Stick with Cramer, Chris a big stut-stut-stut-tering Boo-ba-boo-baaa-boo-yaaah to you.

When I was looking back in 2004/2005, the sticker was around $75,000. The lowest used price I could find was $69,000 for a 2003 with around 30,000 miles on it. Glad to hear they can be had in the $50's now.

Boo-yaah right back at ya'. You gotta love that guy! :thumbsup:

2004ctsv
06-03-06, 03:11 PM
From Edmunds.com for 2004 V w/ low miles

Trade in $35,400
Retail $40,000

I had to edit this to remove a lot of clutter because when I tried to paste the page from edmunds, all the formatting and color go lost and it was unreadable. But the bottom line prices are corrent
Sorry

Tony

Intellex
06-04-06, 04:31 AM

Why would I do that? I bought mine new for 42K. ;)

Listen to crowan and put it on autotrader, he's the genious [sic].

Silver Dollar
06-04-06, 02:34 PM
The only way you could get a new '06 CTS-V for $44K is to special order it with standard options deleted (like the sun roof and/or Nav system).

Intellex
06-04-06, 02:56 PM
The only way you could get a new '06 CTS-V for $44K is to special order it with standard options deleted (like the sun roof and/or Nav system).

http://www.picsoap.com/Thumbs/f4dabd7cde684095aceb.jpg (http://www.picsoap.com/img.php?ID=a1e9202ef2254795b470)

Silver Dollar
06-04-06, 06:29 PM
Yeah, really.

Intellex
06-04-06, 06:59 PM
Yeah, really.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/hsugh.gif

ace996
06-04-06, 07:06 PM
:blasted:

.......................................:kick:

Silver Dollar
06-06-06, 02:19 PM
I stand corrected.

There is a way.

1) blow the sales manager

or

2) GMS priceing plus the $3,000 rebate (which I did not know was running until I finalized my deal)

BTW, I went with #2. Which did you do?

:)

CIWS
06-06-06, 02:45 PM
2) GMS priceing plus the $3,000 rebate (which I did not know was running until I finalized my deal)

Damn you must have ended up with a great price for the new ride then.

By the way have you quit smiling yet ? ;)

Silver Dollar
06-06-06, 02:59 PM
I'm loving it. I went with the Infared with ebony interior.

Thanks for the info CWIS.

Nathan said you had stopped by the dealership. Did they throw you a bone?

CIWS
06-06-06, 03:18 PM
Haven't seen any bones as of yet. I went by to increase the ext warranty out to 100K miles which cost another 900.00 Maybe they refund that (not) ;)

CVP33
06-06-06, 05:32 PM
I stand corrected.

There is a way.

1) blow the sales manager

or

I went with both. :thumbsup:

Intellex
06-06-06, 05:46 PM
I went with both. :thumbsup:

lol

Sounds win/win for everyone

CIWS
06-06-06, 09:10 PM
I'm loving it. I went with the Infared with ebony interior.

By the way, nice color choice :thumbsup: