: Do I spray GM top end cleaner right into the throttle body?

RAMAIR57
01-22-04, 01:40 AM
I finally want to do this, and I have the spray kind, but I dont know where to spray it? Do I spray it right into the throttle body?? Also, it says to disconnect the AIR system; should I ignore this or is this a must? It says to remove air cleaner, is this a good idea?? Also, I plan on changing the oil and filter after this, and the spark plugs? Will anything else get screwed up after this procedure, such as 02 sensors or something? Im hoping I wont have to change anything else other than the plugs and oil. Thanks guys!! I wanna do this asap

RAMAIR57
01-27-04, 09:31 PM
anyone?

ChiMick
01-28-04, 04:38 PM
From the Valvoline web site:

How to Use

http://www.valvoline.com/images/products/product_header_line.gif
With the engine off, disconnect the air duct from the throttle body. Spray the throttle plate and inside throttle body with SynPower Carb, Choke & Throttle Body Cleaner. Open throttle plate and clean sealing area. Wipe dry with a soft cloth. Reattach air duct. For large, open areas, simply hold can upright 4-6 inches from part to be cleaned and spray. Useable for both carbureted and fuel injected engines.

rainingzigzags
01-28-04, 09:55 PM
maybe i should look into doing that my self......i can open the flaps on the throttle body and it is nothing but black...........

ChiMick
01-29-04, 03:53 PM
maybe i should look into doing that my self......i can open the flaps on the throttle body and it is nothing but black...........
With other FI cars I have just sprayed the cleaner in at idle and then part throttle. Maybe I've been lucky but no need to change oil or plugs.

I'd strongly suggest using a bottle of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner twice a year also. Some people may disagree but I think that it helps.

elwesso
01-29-04, 06:42 PM
You need to have the car at fast idle (1500-2000RPM) and you take off the intake hose and spray right in..... Hold the idle up and make sure you spray it on the butterfly, so it doesnt run down......