: Cooling system

walk3rb0h
04-28-06, 06:31 PM
Ok well weather is finally starting to warm up here and its time for me to address my cooling issue.. So in my 88 brougham I cant get it to blow any air through the main vents. It blows fine if I turn the defrost on and rear defrost works fine too. If i set the temp gage all the way up it does get hot in the car and if i turn it all the way down it does cool a bit but air just doesnt like to blow through the vents. I had the heater core replaced a few months back and I dont remember it working since. Im wondering if there is something I can fix myself. Im not very mechanically inclined(I couldnt figure out how to replace the antena even with service manual) but I was able to replace the front grille and headlights ok.. Any suggestions on this I want to fix it before it get over 100 around here. :thumbsup:

77CDV
04-28-06, 07:11 PM
Is DEF the only setting where the blower works? If so, it sounds like a control head issue (the thing on the dash where you set the temp). If you get air on all settings, but it only comes through the floor and dash vents, then there's something wrong with the transfer door, usually vacuum related. Good luck.

Craig

walk3rb0h
04-28-06, 07:18 PM
so I can fix these how? lol thanks for the info..

limo
04-29-06, 02:24 PM
I had the same problem (seems) with my ī88 Brougham, the air came only through the floor, there was a vacuum hose open, if I remember well: my was located on the firewall, in the engine room, on driverīs side, a thicker black rubber hose with approx. 1/3" diameter.