: 2006 CTS-V Electrical Issues?

besito27
04-27-06, 05:48 AM
Heading to the service department, but here's some issues I'm having with my new 2006 CTS-V (<1000 miles). Few days ago, lost XM radio as a selectable band. Radio only displayed the 2 FM's and AM. Eventually, it came back. Today, got a "service electrical system" message on the display. By chance, the windows were wet and I tried the wipers. They didn't work. No other apparent problems at the time. I tried the wipers through-out my commute and eventually they started working (??). When I stopped for fuel and re-started the car, the ambient temperature display had disappeared from the screen. I checked the info log, and it was highlighted. I tried highlighting other info choices but none displayed on the screen. When I got to work, I shut the engine off and re-started. The display was now back with the selected info. :confused: Let me know if anyone else has had similar odd occurences with their radio/electrical system. Thanks.

Kadonny
04-27-06, 08:10 AM
The XM thing is a known issue. Check the FAQ for a TSB on it. I had it happen once, but after turning the car off to do an errand, when I got back in and started it, everything worked.

Other than that, the other issues I have not had.

Chosen1
04-27-06, 08:30 AM
yup...XM disappeared on me once as well....then never again but no other issues.

CIWS
04-27-06, 08:45 AM
yup...XM disappeared on me once as well....then never again but no other issues.

:yeah:

bsteven43
04-27-06, 09:52 AM
Heading to the service department, but here's some issues I'm having with my new 2006 CTS-V (<1000 miles). Few days ago, lost XM radio as a selectable band. Radio only displayed the 2 FM's and AM. Eventually, it came back. Today, got a "service electrical system" message on the display. By chance, the windows were wet and I tried the wipers. They didn't work. No other apparent problems at the time. I tried the wipers through-out my commute and eventually they started working (??). When I stopped for fuel and re-started the car, the ambient temperature display had disappeared from the screen. I checked the info log, and it was highlighted. I tried highlighting other info choices but none displayed on the screen. When I got to work, I shut the engine off and re-started. The display was now back with the selected info. :confused: Let me know if anyone else has had similar odd occurences with their radio/electrical system. Thanks.

I have had the same issues with mine. The XM issue happens about once a month. I've had a couple of goofy electrical/instrumentation issues like you've had too. Not taken it in.

mdc
04-27-06, 11:31 AM
I wish my XM disappeared completely forever ... heh ... or at least until I can get the Sirius adaptor put into the car

keeksv
04-27-06, 12:33 PM
The info center thing happens to my car every so often (your ambient temp. display problem), but after re-starting the car, it comes back on again.

L.A.P.D.
04-27-06, 12:52 PM
besito27,

The only issue we had so far is the XM radio not being a selectable option. Everthing else is fine in the 1600 miles we have had the car.

Shawn

ctsvett
04-27-06, 01:33 PM
sounds to me like a module is bad and is crowing the Class II bus... All of the things you are talking about are controled via the radio on class II (except the wipers...)

Scanning the car should give you some answers (with efilive at least).

Reed

SwampFox
04-27-06, 01:58 PM
Have had only 1 electrical issue. Car was dead in the garage but started up fine when I jumped it. No issues since and dealer did not find any error codes.

XM will drop when I park in a specific place in town, XM dies, but FM still works. There seem to be places where the signal drops. Once you move away from the area the signal returns. Otherwise I have had no problems with XM.

besito27
04-29-06, 12:53 PM
Just an update. Swung by dealer service and was told the following: recall on radio, so they ordered a new one. They also indicated the D.I.M. (digital interface module?) was faulty , and went ahead and ordered that item as well. Let's see what happens..............Otherwise, car is awesome.......:thumbsup:

KTSwanson
04-29-06, 03:03 PM
Just today sitting at light, XM on, suddenly all electrics/guages/displays (except analog) died, engine kept running, electrical system restarted spontaneously immediately as usual on starting, seemed normal x fuel range was :low range, with 3/4 tank gas; average came back up on freeway driving. First time ever after lots of mods, so who knows...will wait to see if it recurs (mine's an '05).

SwampFox
05-05-06, 12:36 PM
Besito
Do you have recall information on the Radio and D.I.M??
I have had several odd problems with the radio and maybe I should take it in. The other day I could not change the volume on any of the radio functions until l left the car off for an hour and then it worked. Not finding anything specific on cadillacfaq