Cadillac Owners Forum banner

GM-The Drive Las Vegas $10 to beat a brand new 470HP STS

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  davesdeville 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I just got back from Las Vegas and I must say GM-The Drive behind the Sahara was a great thrill and a hell of a bargain. They have a 1/2 mile handling course and an off road course to try 2 test drives of a bunch of brand new GM vehicles.I'll skip the hummer review as it is off topic, but let me tell you about the Cadillac.

A "professional" sits in the passenger seat and sort of tells you what to do. You stop at a christmas tree in front of a long straght away. when it goes green, you give it hell for about a full city block where you then hit a hard 90 degree left hand turn. You swing thru some S turns defined by red curbs. He tells you no squealing the tires or hitting the curbs. You then take a more gradual left hand turn about 135 degrees and then a right to send you back to the parking area. If it is your first lap, you just drive past the parking area and line up at the christmas tree again for your second pass.

2nd Lap:
Lights green - smashed pedal to the floor - traction control, but really takes off.
Pro - "Too Fast", Jam the anti-lock brake hard to the floor and it is surprisingly smooth and controlled through the left hand curve.
Round the corner and smash it to the floor once again while traversing the S turns. No curbs, but all 4 wheels howling. Lift to make the sweeping left and all 4 wheels start sliding. In a situation like this, I prefer to use the accelerator to get out of trouble. My brother riding in the back (riders allowed) thinks we are flying out of the course, but the pro slips the car in neutral. The engine sputters as I jab the gas hard to the floor twice before I realize I'm out of gear. My right knee pumped up when I was smashing the pedal and the pro says, "Slow it down a little". At this point the car is well under control and and my heart is pounding out of my chest as I creep back into the parking area. Highly recommended to anyone who is in Vegas. Nevada residents free til 5/1.

2 Test drives in brand new GM vehicles, $10
Flogging the hell out of a brand new 470hp, $77K Super Charged STS, priceless. :thumbsup:

Read more about it here: http://www.vegas.com/attractions/on_the_strip/gm_thedrive.html?f=m0at&t=stripat

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.