: KUDOS to Billy Boat

heavymetals
04-26-06, 03:47 PM
The UPS guy just delivered my replacement exhaust.

You heard right, REPLACEMENT.

If you read my "mod hell" thread, you know I burnt a hole clean through the driver's side cat and Stealth couldn't tune it.

Billy had me send the entire system to him and replaced it with the newest version.:highfive:

That is stepping up to the plate :thumbsup:

I really appreciate it to.

thebigjimsho
04-26-06, 03:52 PM
I'll be oredering headers in the next couple months. How are the cat and gasket issues lately? My B&B X-pipe system so far has been awesome.

DgtalPimp
04-26-06, 04:00 PM
Billy has always run a classy operation, and this just adds to it. Glad to hear your exhaust is in hand.

I just got a killer comment yesterday from my tax gal :shhh: (yeah I know I should have been done eariler). She kept saying "Man that car sounds so good". She is not really a car person at all, but went on and on about the sound.

ssmith100
04-26-06, 04:29 PM
It's funny this thread just came up because I was going to post about B&B. I've had my exhaust on my car for almost two years now without a problem. I got one of the original resonator versions that you had to put the cones in at the rear toward the mufflers to tame it down from resonating so much. Anyway, since installing all the Dynamat I miss that ole rumble I used to have so I've decided to ditch the cones. My exhaust has "broken in" a lot now too and doesn't resonate hardly at all now. Called Dennis to get some gaskets and he sent me new one's free of charge.:thumbsup: Great customer service. Oh, if anybody's got an extra X-pipe laying around I'm in the market.

Shane

urbanski
04-26-06, 04:32 PM
resonator to X is a big loudness jump :)
you're gonna need 1000 sq ft of RAAMmat :D

heavymetals
04-26-06, 04:33 PM
I'll be oredering headers in the next couple months. How are the cat and gasket issues lately? My B&B X-pipe system so far has been awesome.

Cat is no longer "built in" and if it does fail it is a LOT easier to replace.

Headers are about the same length as the ones with the cats so I guess it qualifies as a "long tube".

Cats are in connections to resonator/crossover.

You can check out pics on their website.

OldRoadDawg
04-26-06, 04:35 PM
Oh, if anybody's got an extra X-pipe laying around I'm in the market. Shane

Make that 2 extra X-pipes laying around. I'm also in the market. :)

QuickChickLeslie
04-26-06, 07:19 PM
I love my BB Exhaust! I have had it for about a month, I went away to work came home and my husband had suprised me with a new mod! I can't wait to see what I get for Mothers Day!! ;) I hope it's a Supercharger!! Hint hint!

Leslie

Chef
04-26-06, 07:34 PM
Cat is no longer "built in" and if it does fail it is a LOT easier to replace.

Headers are about the same length as the ones with the cats so I guess it qualifies as a "long tube".

Cats are in connections to resonator/crossover.

You can check out pics on their website

I'm on them as well ---- great tubes!!!:bouncy:

Heavy --- were you running lean? to get that hot in one area would suggest that you were lean? were your pipes an even burn on each side?

dannystang
04-26-06, 07:46 PM
Just curious here but I blew drivers side....

Then I blew passenger side....

Now I am catless...

Umm can I leave it like that? I figured more power.

heavymetals
04-26-06, 07:50 PM
I'm on them as well ---- great tubes!!!:bouncy:

Heavy --- were you running lean? to get that hot in one area would suggest that you were lean? were your pipes an even burn on each side?

What happened is that a "bung" plug shot out (sounded like a pistol shot) and the exhaust cooked the cat.:eek:

When I popped the hood it was cherry red going to orange:eek:

The other side had the cat rattling around.

I still drove the thing for almost 8 months (at least) like that.

This condition really became apparent when Reed and I took data and Rik (Stealth) said "you got a problem".

When I had the stupid thing apart all I had to do was poke a flashlight in the pipe to see what was wrong, but NOOOOOOOOO. I had to reassemble it and drive it.

I can't believe how fast I can put on and remove headers now!:thepan:

I guess it is all part of "Mod Hell".

beers
04-27-06, 01:25 AM
It's funny this thread just came up because I was going to post about B&B. I've had my exhaust on my car for almost two years now without a problem. I got one of the original resonator versions that you had to put the cones in at the rear toward the mufflers to tame it down from resonating so much. Anyway, since installing all the Dynamat I miss that ole rumble I used to have so I've decided to ditch the cones. My exhaust has "broken in" a lot now too and doesn't resonate hardly at all now. Called Dennis to get some gaskets and he sent me new one's free of charge.:thumbsup: Great customer service. Oh, if anybody's got an extra X-pipe laying around I'm in the market.

Shane

I still get too much resonation on my BB resonator exhaust (especially between ~1300 and 1800 rpm's). What's the deal with the extra cones?

tweeter81
04-27-06, 10:17 AM
I love my BB Exhaust! I have had it for about a month, I went away to work came home and my husband had suprised me with a new mod! I can't wait to see what I get for Mothers Day!! ;) I hope it's a Supercharger!! Hint hint!

Leslie

QuickChick,

Did you by chance get the exhaust work done at Dragon Race Engineering in Broomfield. I was in there yesterday and they said they just worked on an '04 and did the B&B and Eibachs. If this was you, let me know what you thought of D.R.E.

C.J.