: the 500 lbs difference

ctsvett
04-26-06, 12:21 AM
Well, heavymetals is the man. Not only does he have a maggied V, but he also has a Corvette Z06 WITH a maggie (thats two maggies for those of you who are keeping count)....

Tonight, we went out to get some data on the car (for shits and giggles) and he was kind enough to let me drive.

ALL I CAN SAY IS HOLY CRAP! virtually identical drive-train to the V, but 500lbs makes a big difference. That Vette hauls major ass. I dont think I have ever been in a faster car in my life (and I have driven ferrari, Porsche turbos, etc)

This is not meant to inspire anyone here to start putting in plexiglass windows and ripping out their interior (we can save that for the import guys), but just a reminder that weight matters.

oh, and a thanks to heavymetals for sharing his toys! Now if anyone knows a plastic surgeon, I need to wipe this freakin smile off my face.

Reed

wildwhl
04-26-06, 12:24 AM
Cool...but something tells me his maggied Z makes more HP than his maggied V. Of course, the 500 lbs is significant too. That's why CVP switched girlfriends.

WW

heavymetals
04-26-06, 12:25 AM
Glad you enjoyed it Reed.:highfive:

You know the line, "a friend will let you drive his car, a real friend will let you drive his Vette"

LOL

You forgot to mention the shifter :thepan:

Makes the V (even with a UUC) feel like a mini truck.

ctsvett
04-26-06, 12:31 AM
oh yeah.. the shifter is AMAZING.... too bad GM didnt get their act together on our car....

Reed

Dreamin
04-26-06, 01:01 AM
734 lbs... but who's counting ;)

heavymetals
04-26-06, 01:09 AM
734 lbs... but who's counting ;)

Both of us were in the car and Reed is bigger then me!

Seattle CTS-V
04-26-06, 01:41 AM
With my mods I should be putting down similiar HP as a stock C6 ZO6, right? But at the track yesterday, the ZO6 consistently handed me my ass in the straights (and obviously in the twisties). In fact, the ZO6 handed the 911TT's their asses over and over and over again as well! Weight definitely matters!

cash
04-26-06, 06:40 AM
2 LS6's is the garage is definatly living large!!

My wife has a 2005 CTS-V with a Dynotech Head/Cam package and I have a 2004 Z06 with a Head/Cam package and Halltech Tune. When we raced a couple weeks ago I would get a car length or so ahead of her, that was 30-70. Off the line was similar. The weight difference is exactly what I had figured as well. My wife is an excellent driver and is always looking for somebody to toy with in the V.

urbanski
04-26-06, 07:17 AM
bring one (both?) to vegas and chill with me guys!!
may 6-10

V-Max
04-26-06, 07:54 AM
2 LS6's is the garage is definatly living large!!

My wife has a 2005 CTS-V with a Dynotech Head/Cam package and I have a 2004 Z06 with a Head/Cam package and Halltech Tune. When we raced a couple weeks ago I would get a car length or so ahead of her, that was 30-70. Off the line was similar. The weight difference is exactly what I had figured as well. My wife is an excellent driver and is always looking for somebody to toy with in the V.

cash, you didn't mention the weight difference in you and your wife....<jk> :)

For giggles and fun at the track might explain why I went back to the basics with the latest project car. My '05 GTO is a daily driver and over 200 lbs. lighter than stock. Not much you can do to light the V though.

Norm - C6 Z06 competitior
http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=9;t=261;st=225

cash
04-26-06, 08:22 AM
Too bad Milwaukee is so far from Vegas.

V-Max-We are from Wisconsin but she is for sure NOT one of the girls you see down at our state fair with their guts hang'n out.

And I am not one of the guys with the beer belly shirt on with the arrow pointing to my gut.

Contrary to popular belief some of us from the dairy state stay in shape!

vetteboy2k
04-26-06, 11:47 AM
Heavy what shifter do you reccomend in the V?

heavymetals
04-26-06, 12:04 PM
I have a UUC.

I put a MOMO knob on it too.:thumbsup:

vetteboy2k
04-26-06, 12:06 PM
Nice!! I need to get a shifter soon, so debating on what to install. Not looking for more effort, just a shorter more precise throw.

heavymetals
04-26-06, 12:14 PM
Well, "more precise" is a matter of debate.:confused:

Even with the stock shifter, Mr Vette was far superior to the Cad with the UUC. Since I put the Hurst short throw in Mr. Vette it is a different world, but that is just the way it goes.

Don't expect a miracle, but you will get a BIG improvement.:thumbsup:

Do a search for the old threads on this.

By the way, this is the knob I like:

http://www.momousa.com/products.php?subcat=3&group=10

vetteboy2k
04-26-06, 12:18 PM
Yea, I know what your saying. The vette has that direct feel, where the V is like rubbery!!!

BADAZGN
04-26-06, 05:57 PM
They are 2 totally different cars. My best friend stores his 03 Z06 in my garage, so I get to drive it when ever. The weight is a huge factor as well as areodynamics. BUt there is a huge time differance between the two. high 11's in a bone stock Z vs low 13's in a stock V is a huge differance.

Plus it was interesting to have the 2 cars on the dyno back to back to see the 30 plus hp differance in the Vette.

I like the Vette but I love the Caddy. I can make my car faster he can't add more car. When our familys go out to eat he has to take the family truckster. I tame mine...the V! LOL

Matthew

heavymetals
04-26-06, 06:33 PM
"The only way to have the best of both worlds is to have both"

Heavy :thumbsup:

1fstkde
04-26-06, 06:35 PM
naw thanks....will get the rs4 for 75k....!! lol...

ace996
04-26-06, 11:03 PM
Crossing fingers, I should have a 2002 Electron Blue Maggied Z06 with 7300miles by mid-May. My test drive of the car has left me without sleep ever since... I wonder how many autox-FTDs I can get in 5months with 305/315 r-compound tires???? Hopefully I'll find out....

Amazing car....
-ace

V-Max
04-27-06, 07:51 AM
Too bad Milwaukee is so far from Vegas.

V-Max-We are from Wisconsin but she is for sure NOT one of the girls you see down at our state fair with their guts hang'n out.

And I am not one of the guys with the beer belly shirt on with the arrow pointing to my gut.

Contrary to popular belief some of us from the dairy state stay in shape!

Good! V-max don't like muffin-tops!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muffin+top

Norm

ctsvflorida
04-27-06, 09:31 AM
Definitely one of the cooler threads I've seen here...or posts, whatever you guys call them!
Heavymetals, my friend has a ZO6 ('02) and is considering maggie, cam you give me some info. for him on price all said and done and who to do it that is the best qualified. He is in FL. but would ship the car to the 'best' place. If you can PM me, with a phone number maybe, that would be great. Thanks!
Brian

cash
04-27-06, 10:21 AM
Breathless Performance is in Florida. I have one of their shifters in my Z06.

They do all mods as well.

heavymetals
04-27-06, 11:57 AM
Definitely one of the cooler threads I've seen here...or posts, whatever you guys call them!
Heavymetals, my friend has a ZO6 ('02) and is considering maggie, cam you give me some info. for him on price all said and done and who to do it that is the best qualified. He is in FL. but would ship the car to the 'best' place. If you can PM me, with a phone number maybe, that would be great. Thanks!
Brian

Your buddy is gonna love it:thumbsup:

The best/worst part is the hood.

The only hood to get, IMHO, is the one made by Motor City Mold ( http://www.motorcitymold.com/ ) but be prepared for sticker shock.

I worked a deal with the installer (Jeff's Auto in Chatsworth, (818) 998-4410) for the whole nine yards. he is next door to a body shop so the hood got painted to.

Incidently and for what it is worth, he is partners now with Brian who posts here sometimes. Brian use to work at Magnusson.

My whole nut came to around $10k (polished maggie of course!) but it was worth it!

ctsvflorida
04-28-06, 06:57 AM
Your buddy is gonna love it:thumbsup:

The best/worst part is the hood.

The only hood to get, IMHO, is the one made by Motor City Mold ( http://www.motorcitymold.com/ ) but be prepared for sticker shock.

I worked a deal with the installer (Jeff's Auto in Chatsworth, (818) 998-4410) for the whole nine yards. he is next door to a body shop so the hood got painted to.

Incidently and for what it is worth, he is partners now with Brian who posts here sometimes. Brian use to work at Magnusson.

My whole nut came to around $10k (polished maggie of course!) but it was worth it!

Thanks Heavy I really appreciate it! I know this thread is getting old fast so, who know if you will get this message but the question is: I guess you are in Cali? Also, Was that $10k for everything which includes headers and tune, etc.?
If you do get this reply, I might not get your reply, so if you can IM me with an answer than that would be great. If not then I will figure out how to IM you in the future! Just haven't IM'd anyone yet aside from replies! I am sure I'll figure it out! Not very computer savy! :alchi: Thanks again!

csp3000
04-28-06, 12:07 PM
Nah just wait for the 2007 0r 08 Super CTS V with the LS7 cant go wrong with 505hp out of the box:bouncy: I pray they make it:worship:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=109332?synpartner=edmunds&pageurl=www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=109332

heavymetals
04-28-06, 12:55 PM
Thanks Heavy I really appreciate it! I know this thread is getting old fast so, who know if you will get this message but the question is: I guess you are in Cali? Also, Was that $10k for everything which includes headers and tune, etc.?
If you do get this reply, I might not get your reply, so if you can IM me with an answer than that would be great. If not then I will figure out how to IM you in the future! Just haven't IM'd anyone yet aside from replies! I am sure I'll figure it out! Not very computer savy! :alchi: Thanks again!

Did not include headers or a tune (standard maggie tune).

What was included was:
Polished maggie.
Painted hood (that alone is about $2k).
Installation.

I don't know if he will cut your buddy the same deal, but Jeff is very good at this mod. I sent a friend of mine to him with his Z06 and he got the same thing done to his, but he had someone else paint the hood.

Tell your friend he was referred by me for what that may be worth.:thumbsup:

Florian
04-28-06, 04:31 PM
Good! V-max don't like muffin-tops!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muffin+top

Norm

I saw a shirt that said "Stop the Top!" and had a pic addressing America's muffin top issue. :tisk: :thepan:

F

obzidian
04-28-06, 04:45 PM
Nah just wait for the 2007 0r 08 Super CTS V with the LS7 cant go wrong with 505hp out of the box:bouncy: I pray they make it:worship:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=109332?synpartner=edmunds&pageurl=www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=109332

why wait while you can get a 600+ 408ci, for example, right now.... and a box load full of diff parts at the same time if you feel a cts-v = drag car!!!!!!

liking this thread!!!