: Questions On Crank Shafts

1993 eldorado green1
04-25-06, 11:46 PM
does anyone know the year the crank shaft changed? the reluctor ring changed on some years for different timming and such and im trying to figure out what years it was the same and what years it was different..

chevelle
04-26-06, 08:02 AM
does anyone know the year the crank shaft changed? the reluctor ring changed on some years for different timming and such and im trying to figure out what years it was the same and what years it was different..

The crank shaft for the 93-99 Northstars is basically the same part all along. Nothing changed until the 2000 model year when the reluctor ring pattern changed. The 93-99 and the 2000-later cranks are mechanically interchangeable but the reluctor ring pattern is completely incompatible. Don't even bother trying......

1993 eldorado green1
04-26-06, 10:42 AM
The crank shaft for the 93-99 Northstars is basically the same part all along. Nothing changed until the 2000 model year when the reluctor ring pattern changed. The 93-99 and the 2000-later cranks are mechanically interchangeable but the reluctor ring pattern is completely incompatible. Don't even bother trying......

thanks for that, i am thinking again and its not good. i will post my findings later on..