: Why you need to report all differential problems to the NTSB

heavymetals
04-25-06, 11:22 PM
I got this letter. :eek:

Things are happening but it takes time.

Whose looking out for ya?

VELOSE
04-25-06, 11:29 PM
Diane Feinstein even. Can we hope this goes to the Supreme Court some day? Good work Heavy.

wildwhl
04-26-06, 12:05 AM
Good job.

heavymetals
04-26-06, 04:00 AM
Thanks guys!

The snowball is starting to roll.

The analogy I used:

If you make a car that goes 150mph, you can't sell it with tires that are rated for less then that speed.

Why shouldn't the same apply to the rest of the drivetrain?:confused:

If you advertise 390 ft lbs of torque, why should you be allowed to sell it with a rear end that is rated for less?

Let Cadillac try to "splain that one Lucy" :thepan:

CIWS
04-26-06, 05:19 AM
Tell her the V came with a handgun and she'll get behind getting that part of it fixed ;)

(I hate to say it but that scan it barely large enough to read)

nikon
04-26-06, 07:46 AM
Tell her the V came with a handgun and she'll get behind getting that part of it fixed ;)

(I hate to say it but that scan it barely large enough to read)

I think it's just your old eyes :crybaby: us youngins can see it very clearly :thumbsup:

V-Max
04-26-06, 07:59 AM
I nice sneaky way the left gets your vote. Cali loves General Motors....not! I'll eat my words but I doubt you'll hear any thing besides an update that the investigation is continuing.

Can you say election year? Where is Rush Limbaugh when you need him?! :)

Norm - gave up on politics to work in the garage for entertainment
http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=9;t=261;st=225

Florian
04-26-06, 08:52 AM
Can you say election year?

Shes just pullin your pud...I suspect she couldnt give a rats fat ass about your rear. It is an election year and shell need all the votes she can get. Nice form letter though. :thepan: :mad:

F

heavymetals
04-26-06, 11:39 AM
Some of you guys have a weird way of showing any appreciation for people trying to do something about the situation.

Sure, I don't expect much from our elected representatives, but you know what?

IT IS ALL WE HAVE.:thepan:

Cadillac certainly isn't going to do diddly squat.

Your already predicting failure, and the show hasn't even started!

Why do you think I was so adament about reporting diff failures to the NTSB?

The government isn't going to be able to do anything without a # of complaints.

As a side note, it was a relative (distant) of mine that was the co-author of Calif's LEMON LAW.

Florian
04-26-06, 02:52 PM
Heavy, Im not criticizing you, youve been an excellent asset here on the board. Lets get that straight. Cadillac isnt doing squat, and frankly Id find it real hard to believe that Diane Feinstein is going to do something about it. I, too, posted my gripes all over the web (NTSB/BBB/etc) as well cause I think we got the fuzzy end of the lollipop....our diffs suck, plain and simple.
Im not predicting failure....I just think that she has bigger fish to fry (or bake) I APPRECIATE your comments and efforts.

F

heavymetals
04-26-06, 03:08 PM
Thanks Florian.

If the NTSB contacts GM/Cadillac and requests all information and complaints about the diff, we should be cooking.

What we need is someone to light a fire under their Republican representative, so the Democrats don't get all the credit for fixing this.:stirpot:

I hope someone (at GM/Cadillac) goes back to the "bean counter" responsible for this DISASTER and FIRES his butt.:rant2:

Also, GM/Cadillac has had plenty of time to correct this.

The last straw with me was replacing my defective diff with the same thing until the current stock was depleted.

Florian
04-26-06, 03:29 PM
I hope someone (at GM/Cadillac) goes back to the "bean counter" responsible for this DISASTER and FIRES his butt.:rant2:

Also, GM/Cadillac has had plenty of time to correct this.

The last straw with me was replacing my defective diff with the same thing until the current stock was depleted.

I cant blame you for being hot...I go in Monday for Diff #3...Id be mighty pissed if they dumped an 04-05 diff in my car as well. GM has done nothing but put the thumbs in their collective asses on this. Does anybody remember the panel of GM engineers and our chosen board members here that went to bat for us (thanks Marty for getting that together!) and having open discussion of the rear end issues....the end result? Lip service. Its a shame.
Look concerned, do nothing, GM's apparant mantra. :thepan: :thepan:
I love my V. I hate its issues.

F

V-Max
04-27-06, 09:35 PM
I was not pointing finger at you heavy or your personal efforts. :)

If it is not in the interest of politican then good luck.

From my end it was just political pot shots that each party fires off.

Norm

verbs
04-28-06, 01:41 AM
Thx for the update Heavy. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

heavymetals
04-28-06, 02:10 AM
Heavy on a SOAPBOX.

Guys.
In this point and click medium we enjoy we can exert a lot of influence (install a maggie NOW).

Seriously, all you have to do is copy my letter, forward it to your ELECTED representative and ask them to do the same thing "as this guy's representative is doing for him".

It won't cost you a thing.

It may get you a new and improved differential (ya sure).

It may do nothing (what do you expect for free?)

We do know Cadillac isn't going to do a thing except buy back the car, and that is with a hell of a lot of arm twisting.
Boy some incentive to buy a "Flagship" of the line huh?

The worst case scenario for Cadillac would have a case come up where some CTS-V owner jumps on it merging with traffic and the diff fails.
Stalled, the guy gets rear ended by a 16 wheeler and his family perishes.
During discovery, the lawyer shows the NTSB file.
OH OH!!!

Don't think it doesn't happen, and don't think it can't happen to you.

Car manufactures have a fudicial responsibility to ensure that the parts in the drivetrain are at least capable of handling the power generated.

What happens is that some beancounter gets a bonus for helping his company make substandard goods that may be unsafe.

I don't like it and this is my way of doing something about it.

Off soapbox.:alchi:

GT04CTS-V
04-28-06, 07:00 AM
Heavy,

Couldn't agree more. The more noise we make (pardon the pun) about this problem, the better our chances of getting a resolution. Sitting by quietly and complaining accomplishes nothing.

Thanks,

GT

V-Max
04-28-06, 07:27 AM
Seriously, you think an almost $60K car with limited production is going to get results compared to you owning a Pirus or other hybird?

Good luck!

Norm

CIWS
04-28-06, 07:48 AM
Some of you guys have a weird way of showing any appreciation for people trying to do something about the situation.

Sure, I don't expect much from our elected representatives, but you know what?

IT IS ALL WE HAVE.:thepan:

I think it's great you're trying various avenues to get some attention to the issue heavymetals. Please don't misconstrue my personal "love" for the honorable senator from California as anything related to your personal efforts in addressing this problem. Thanks for anything you're trying !

I think it's just your old eyes :crybaby: us youngins can see it very clearly :thumbsup:

AGREED, you little wipper snapper ! ;)

heavymetals
04-28-06, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys.

I got to get a life.....

I don't care for most politicians, but if they can address my agenda instead of their own, then ok by me. :thumbsup:

Can anybody supply this information?

What is the differential used in the SCAA CTS-V?

ace996
04-28-06, 06:39 PM
What is the differential used in the SCAA CTS-V?

I'm probably wrong but I remember reading that the part is our stock part. Keep in mind, if that's the case, it only needs to survive one launch and less than an hour of use...they change them out after ever race.

At least that's what I remember.

And thank you for doing something...every little bit helps. I have a 2" think file that will be used in a "meeting" with GM's attorneys very soon, and I plan on airing it all out.

-Filibuster Ace

V-SATX
04-28-06, 07:33 PM
Heavy,

I am sure it would be relatively easy to get all that have or are having problems to file a combined compliant to the NTSB. It would seem that a complaint filed on behalf of 100's of owners would possibly get some serious attention ????:banghead:

heavymetals
04-28-06, 08:06 PM
Doesn't work that way.

Each complaint is filed with the VIN#.

The sticky at the top gives all the info and links.