: I test drove a 2006 BMW 750Li today...

Lord Cadillac
04-23-06, 10:57 PM
The exterior has really grown on me - especially since the refresh this year. The interior is very nice and is enormous in the back. The power is very nice - and I know it's quicker than my 00 DeVille DTS, but it didn't "feel" faster. Of course, the car handles very well - but I felt much, much more confident in my C4 Corvette - so it's not THAT amazing... I don't even know if it was REALLY all that much better than my DeVille... I forget, though.. I suppose it must handle better than the DeVille...

The voice controls work really well. There's plenty of cool stuff to impress your passengers with.. I didn't get to play around with iDrive but I don't like the silly little shifter on the steering wheel. The quality of the interior materials is very good.

The ride in the car is harsh. Even with the smaller 18 inch rims. There's plenty of road-noise on uneven surfaces. And there's even a tighter suspension option - which would make things worse - if you want to fly around turns and up and down ramps and things like that..

Overall, I wasn't crazy about it. If I was in the market for a large luxury car, I'd be looking into the Town Car, the Lexus LS430, the Mercedes S-Class or maybe even the Infinity Q45... I haven't driven in a Q45 so I don't know much about it...

jonnyd
04-28-06, 02:49 PM
The exterior has really grown on me - especially since the refresh this year. The interior is very nice and is enormous in the back. The power is very nice - and I know it's quicker than my 00 DeVille DTS, but it didn't "feel" faster. Of course, the car handles very well - but I felt much, much more confident in my C4 Corvette - so it's not THAT amazing... I don't even know if it was REALLY all that much better than my DeVille... I forget, though.. I suppose it must handle better than the DeVille...

The voice controls work really well. There's plenty of cool stuff to impress your passengers with.. I didn't get to play around with iDrive but I don't like the silly little shifter on the steering wheel. The quality of the interior materials is very good.

The ride in the car is harsh. Even with the smaller 18 inch rims. There's plenty of road-noise on uneven surfaces. And there's even a tighter suspension option - which would make things worse - if you want to fly around turns and up and down ramps and things like that..

Overall, I wasn't crazy about it. If I was in the market for a large luxury car, I'd be looking into the Town Car, the Lexus LS430, the Mercedes S-Class or maybe even the Infinity Q45... I haven't driven in a Q45 so I don't know much about it...

The Q45 drives EXCELLENT!!!! The options are incredible, very comfortable interior. Looks spectacular....IMO all out AMAZING car....I used to drive a 95' Infiniti Q45....I LOVED it!

Zorb750
05-07-06, 05:14 AM
You drove a 750Li.

750iL is a different car.

The difference like a Mark VIII (750Li) vs Eldorado (750iL). Putting the 750 name at all on that car is a disgrace to two generations of V12 750s.

Jesda
05-07-06, 07:04 AM
The revised Bangle body is much nicer, but still far from beautiful.

Oh, and long live the E38!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-07-06, 11:23 AM
I have to agree, the backseat is ENORMOUS in the new 750Li's! Much much bigger than the backseat in my '92.

Lord Cadillac
05-07-06, 01:37 PM
You drove a 750Li.

750iL is a different car.

The difference like a Mark VIII (750Li) vs Eldorado (750iL). Putting the 750 name at all on that car is a disgrace to two generations of V12 750s.

So sorry. Had I known the poor cars had feelings, I'd have been much more careful. :alchi:

Jesda
05-08-06, 12:45 AM
So sorry. Had I known the poor cars had feelings, I'd have been much more careful. :alchi:

They kind of do. Imagine how the Cadillac gods felt when the Cimmaron wore the crest!

96Fleetwood
05-08-06, 08:50 AM
Don't forget the 300C SRT-8.. that car is growing on me by the day :thumbsup:

caddycruiser
05-08-06, 12:09 PM
Don't forget the 300C SRT-8.. that car is growing on me by the day :thumbsup:

I know. Despite what a lot of people like to say around here and put them down (particularly the CTS-V and STS-V folks), the level of of style, performance, room, refinement, and quality you get in either a 300C or Charger SRT-8 is simply incredible for the price...and easily takes on a lot of the $60k+ sedans out there.

Will be even better when they get the new interiors with higher quality trimmings that are planned soon...

fast66
05-21-06, 06:33 PM
Your best bet would be the infiniti. Great car