Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cut out cup holder cover

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  C "T" ess 
#1 ·
I know the cut out cup holder cover that has been advertised, does not fit properly but has anyone been able to correct it so that it makes an acceptable appearance. I contacted the company and they did not provide any information on any plans to revise this piece.

#5 ·
The picture on ebay shows that the cut out cup holder cover does not conform to the actual cup hold because the factory cup holders angle down, leaving a space between the cover and cup holder.The actual look cover fits the opening it looks unfinished because of the space. Plus it appears from the picture that you could hook your finger and accidentally pull it off. Like when removing your phone or keys. I really like the idea but for $38, want a perfect fit. Any ideas?

#6 ·
it would have to be machined for it to work the way you described it (resting flush on cup holders, plus shiny surface and no gap on the bottom edges). that would probably end up costing you 100-200. especially since they marked up the price of a simple CNCd plastic piece so much.

#8 ·
I bet if I had one I could figure out how to make it fit right but I'm not spending $38 for something I have to make work. It's probably as simple as using two and trimming the bottom to fit the contour. But now you have $76 plus shipping. I can't believe anyone is buying them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.