: wire wheels for sale on ebay

Bro-Ham
04-25-06, 01:22 PM
Thought there may be interest in this set of wire wheels:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Fleetwood-Brougham-Wire-Wheels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43955QQitemZ8059 923784QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

CoupeDevilleRob
04-25-06, 07:25 PM
That's the best looking set I've seen on eBay yet. I can see them going for a high price. Too bad I'm broke at the moment, otherwise I would've taken a run at them.

N0DIH
04-25-06, 09:40 PM
Has anyone ever checked just to see if Dal can get them still? Odd things stick around forever in the bowels of GM.

In the early 80's you could still buy a brand NEW 330 Olds V8 crate motor (long block). I used to have some flier GM was trying to sell a bunch to the dealers. And it went for around $175!!

CaddymanTom
04-26-06, 02:13 PM
They look like they are in nice shape. I must warn that these are the older style wire wheels. Meaning they have the black hexigon center cap. I have a set on these on my 78 Seville and they may require tubes. I had to buy tubes for this style. The wires I have on my 87 Brougham have the round burgundy center cap and did not require the tubes. I just thought people would like to know this if they are interested.

pimpin88
04-27-06, 09:24 PM
i think i remember someone saying you could still get them from the dealers. but im not sure how long ago that was. lol

1990CaddyBrougham
04-27-06, 11:19 PM
The guy selling them is.... well lets say he knows what they are worth and tries to get what they are worth and then some. He tried selling me a 90 w/ 56k florida miles for a parts car (no title) Car was a ****ing lemon... leaked oil hardcore... more rust then my New England car... has a Blue 92 he wants 13 grand for....

A guy at my work knows a guy who has a Funeral Home.. and has 4 sets (16 wheels) of these Real Wire wheels. He got them when her had the 80's and 90-92 Limos and Hearses... they only have up to 40k miles... garaged. clean. You know how Funeral homes keep their cars.
He is Updating his fleet to the newer Devilles i think and I want to get my hands on them CHEAP.
I know i can unload 3 sets... with the money id make id buy some vouges for my 4th set.