: NEED help guys, PLEASE

JJhomer83
01-21-04, 12:20 PM
Ok,
here is my problem
as most of you know i own a 92 eldo, 4.9L pretty much stock with 74k on the dial. I paid 4K, its pretty much mint

I have found a 96 Deville concours that i REALLY LIKE
same color as mine white, blue leather, pretty much mint.
it has 66k on the clock and it would cost me 6k,

should i do it?

gothicaleigh
01-21-04, 12:44 PM
Ooh. Tough choice.
I really like that Eldo design, and even though the Deville is newer it's going to look more dated because of it's replacement.

But a 4 year newer car with less miles and a northstar. That's hard to pass up. I think I'd go for the Deville if I were in your situation...

tru504187211
01-21-04, 02:19 PM
Bigger is better...right?

Leloz
01-21-04, 03:00 PM
I would go for the Concours, just because it is a better car overall. Watch out for front strut and wheel bearing noises.. and the infamous stabilizer bar rattle. But with 66K on the clock, I would not worry too much.
Also, work them down on that $6K.

Best of luck to you!
-Lelo

JJhomer83
01-21-04, 03:13 PM
I would go for the Concours, just because it is a better car overall. Watch out for front strut and wheel bearing noises.. and the infamous stabilizer bar rattle. But with 66K on the clock, I would not worry too much.
Also, work them down on that $6K.

Best of luck to you!
-Lelo

What is a good price for that car???
kbb says its around 8-9K???

Leloz
01-21-04, 03:21 PM
I am biased, so don't listen to me ;). I bought a 1997 Concours with moonroof, 12 disc, and memory seats with 72K from the Fleet Auction in Jackson, MS for $7000. But that is wholesale and at a dealers auction.

That is a very good price for a private car!
But it is always worth a shot to make an offer.
-Lelo

DaveSmed
01-22-04, 11:55 PM
I found another car that Leloz is biased against... 1970 Deville Convertible. White w/white top, leather, whitewalls, and dark red trim (seatbelts, carpet) Just something to ponder...

Leloz
01-23-04, 06:42 AM
That sounds beautiful. How many miles? I am still debating on which color to paint my '70. It is primer at the moment.. awaiting the better weather for optimum painting conditions. Does yours have the split or full bench front seat?
-Lelo