: Thanks HEAVY ... It Worked Perfectly!!!

Rikmyster
04-24-06, 09:40 PM
FYI, Heavy Metals reflashed my NAV SYSTEM with his CD and I am able to use the 2006 NAV CD for most current streets, etc.

THANKS HEAVY .... You ain't just "HEAVY" you're a good Brother .. :thumbsup:

-Rik

Florian
04-24-06, 09:41 PM
I want one!!! I got the stinky 2002 pos....

F

heavymetals
04-24-06, 10:56 PM
Your welcome Rik!

My pleasure helping out a fellow V owner (if I can).:thumbsup:

You sure got your hands full with those "kids".

50 4Ever
04-25-06, 02:19 PM
I really need an updated DVD. I took my daughter to a birthday party in a town about 40 miles away and thought I'd catch a movie while I was waiting. I found Theaters in Points of Interest and the closest one was 8 miles away. When I got there I could see the big building with a sign on it. It's a Church now.

:confused:

ctsvett
04-25-06, 11:12 PM
Holy Crap... It worked.. I brought my car over to heavymetals place tonight and amazingly, I have an updated Nav that works with ALL nav discs...

Thanks heavy!!

Reed

heavymetals
04-25-06, 11:17 PM
Your welcome Reed.:highfive:

Just one of the "perks" of being a "supporting member".

It sort of helps that your a moderator I guess :rolleyes:

Couldn't/wouldn't happen without the help from a real great supporting vendor type guy!:worship:

PneuBird
04-26-06, 11:46 AM
You guys make me wish I lived in CA!!!! An updated NAV sounds great to me!! :worship:

austin
04-26-06, 05:14 PM
Is this the firmware disc, that comes with the upgraded nav disc kit........ part number 15269166.

AmesCTS-V
04-26-06, 05:26 PM
Yeah what is this upgrade cd and what new Nav disc's can it use?

heavymetals
04-26-06, 06:31 PM
Is this the firmware disc, that comes with the upgraded nav disc kit........ part number 15269166.

This is part # 15269176 (GM) that comes with 15269177(updated NAV package).

It "flashes" the nav system so that you can use the updated NAV DVD's without getting the "stuck in Michigan" problem.
You only need to run it once.

Someone at Cadillac/Delphi/GM actually got their act together, recognized there was a problem (with the 04 and early 05 models) and got a "fix" together.

Too bad Cadillac Assistance can't get their act together and give out the right information.
Thney said it didn't exhist, and couldn't be done.
I have a stack of emails to prove their ineptness.
Maybe I will post some if I get bored and angry enough!:alchi:

BadCad
04-26-06, 08:22 PM
Hey Heavy:
Would you consider reflashing those earlier V's ('05 and early '05's) at the next SoCal meet for those who'd want it?

v-ape
04-26-06, 09:22 PM
Does the DVD feature while driving still work after the flash? I hope they arent trying to correct that...

austin
04-26-06, 09:51 PM
How many have successfully had this service bulliten done without getting a hard time from their dealer. I'm thinking of going in for it soon. I just hate my local dealers, as they argue everything. Is their anything that i can say to avoid a hassle with them? :(

heavymetals
04-27-06, 06:21 AM
Hey Heavy:
Would you consider reflashing those earlier V's ('05 and early '05's) at the next SoCal meet for those who'd want it?

I got permission to have the disc on an "extended loan" for the SoCal meet at A&A.

If I don't make it I will give it to Reed (I know where he lives!).

This "flash" upgrade does not include an updated nav DVD though.

You can PM me about that.

Rikmyster
04-28-06, 11:18 PM
Your welcome Rik!

My pleasure helping out a fellow V owner (if I can).:thumbsup:

You sure got your hands full with those "kids".Yeppers. They are a handful. My 15 month old really likes his uncle heavy <G>

Ishminder
04-30-06, 04:13 PM
You really are great Heavy. Your CD does wonders! I can actually get to a place that exists! The updated nav is working amazing. Thanks a lot!

By the way...I'm still jealous of your maggie, and want that Corsa! (pshh..."my car use to be that quiet before." I heard that before I left!)

heavymetals
04-30-06, 04:38 PM
You really are great Heavy. Your CD does wonders! I can actually get to a place that exists! The updated nav is working amazing. Thanks a lot!

By the way...I'm still jealous of your maggie, and want that Corsa! (pshh..."my car use to be that quiet before." I heard that before I left!)

If you could hear me say that, it is too quiet!:histeric:

So, did you at least order a MOMO knob yet?

Nice meeting ya!

MescalVto
05-01-06, 01:27 PM
OK so this will allow newer NAV discs to function properly.

How about streaming traffic? I am guessing no change to this lack of functionality for those of us that purchased too early:rant2: .

heavymetals
05-01-06, 01:47 PM
It does not fix the XM streaming traffic, but at least you don't get "stuck in Michigan"! :thumbsup:

51PHFTY
05-06-06, 08:24 PM
Just wanted to thank Heavy for the flash (Nav. flash that is) at the So.Cal. A & A meet today. :worship: Great job + it was great to meet some new people.

Marty

kali_cts03
05-07-06, 06:04 AM
And the toilet paper holder in Heavy's avatar is real.... we all saw it live at the meet!!! :D

veloce
05-08-06, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the bulletin.I'm going to take it to my dealer tomorrow ,and see if they will do the update with out problems.I let you all know the result. Jeff

MescalVto
05-08-06, 12:57 PM
If that is the only reason youy are going to the dealer - call first!

My dealer had to order the DVD's and they took about 2 weeks to get them in.

atdeneve
05-08-06, 03:08 PM
Wait a minute, are you saying that you simply take in the bulletin and they will reflash your system as well as give you the updated NAV disks? That's just too good to be true, right?

BadCad
05-08-06, 03:29 PM
Am no longer stuck in Michigan (or even Kansas, Toto, for that matter.) Thanks to HeavyMetal for reflashing my NAV at the SoCal meet this weekend. Really appreciate the reflash so now I can use a current NAV DVD and not get lost in the newly-built areas around here. :thumbsup:

MescalVto
05-08-06, 04:16 PM
Wait a minute, are you saying that you simply take in the bulletin and they will reflash your system as well as give you the updated NAV disks? That's just too good to be true, right?

Well, my dealer (note: discs were ordered and are now in but, I have not gone yet for the flash treatment) agreed to do the re-flash and supply the new disc if needed (under warranty); BUT, I was already stuck in MI as my car was delivered with the wrong NAV disc.

veloce
05-12-06, 11:20 AM
Got my car back yesterday and the dealer ordered the reflash and new disc under warrenty. Having that bulletin made it so easy for them and me. I'll let you all know when it happens. I hope the disc they send for the nav is the latest version. Jeff