: Poor Mr. R6

wildwhl
04-24-06, 09:18 PM
There you were, on that menacing machine, Micron exhaust purring, full race gear making you seem like a poser at the light.

I'm sure you noticed me checking out your machine as I came to a stop to your right :thumbsup: You just looked away, giant chip on one shoulder.

Ahead, just across the overpass, there she was - waiting. One of the most perfect 280 degree right-hand sweeper, declining, decreasing radius, increasing camber freeway on-ramps I've ever known. I go home this way for a reason. THIS on-ramp was designed by someone who understands that G's are meant to be felt, not just spent.

You caught me eyeballing your ride - and a flick of your throttle suggested you wanted to play. Me, well, what's the hurry. You're going to have to brake hard in 200 yards if you over accelerate now - your choice.

Green light.

You're off - front wheel clawing for the sky as you struggle to manage that fire-breathing mass of steel. 2nd gear for me - soft pedal it out - and freight-train pull like a tractor up to the porky SRTnotsogr8 in my lane, a quick flick and I turn-in behind you. Your glance in the mirror confirms what I already know - this caddy hauls ass.

Here she comes - that beautiful expanse of asphalt - and you early brake it, as I nearly run your ass over wondering why the hell you are on the binders already. Christ, a beast like that could have EASILY handled another 10 mph and another half second before that sudden mass of deceleration.

Forcing me to merge to the right so as not to kill you (that's right, tightening the radius of my turn) I easily slide past you. FG2, Dreamin, Hotchkis, and, well a V :worship: The maggie is only at half steam, in the lower part of 3rd gear as we wind her around the bend.

Here it comes, racing through your mind :wtf: is this boat of a Cadillac doing smoking my ass :rant2:

Ever so gracefully you turn up the aggression, leaning ever farther as you try to pass me on the outside in your lane, carefulling judging when the 180 will kick out from behind or the front end just drop away...but you hold it, road debris and all, as the turn begins to straighten out :bouncy: By now, you think you've got me.

In fact, I know what you were thinking. I'll show this :eek: a thing or two about power when the turn straightens. One crack of this wrist and he'll be nothing but a memory.

And then it happens.

It hits you like a 10 lb. sledge.

You're mind is racing as you gasp for air. That's right. You crack that throttle wide open my friend, the Badilac awaits. Check the x50 and sure enough - no screamin' or beepin. As soon as I hear you're on the gas at my rear bumper, down falls the hammer. To both of our amazement - you're behind me - and stay there until well into 4th gear.

Around 110 mph I let off. You've lost a bike length. Your mind struggles with the concept. My mind struggles with the :highfive:

The perfect ricer fly-by, on my left, up between 18 wheels and 4, accelerating to likely well above 140 mph as you dice up the next half mile of interstate, weaving between cars, adding to the "motorcyclists are all arseholes" myth (besides, I prefer 2 wheels at times as well).

About now you become ever more :confused:.

Why did the black caddy let up so quick?

That's right. You took the bait.

You're in my home town - on my turf - with your New York licensed bike my friend. You're in one of the areas I can guarantee you're going to meet some of Nevada's finest. The Passport confirms this as I settle her back down while you continue on a hero's run, right into their trap.

Now, I sit, sipping a brew, sharing the fun with my friends, while you're wondering if you'll ever see your bike (or license) again. Life is grand. Did you deserve such a result? Not until the squeeze between the cars and the grandioso fly-by went overboard. Up to that point in time, you were right by me.

Thank you, Mr. R6, thank you.

Thank you for reminding me why I love this car so much.

And I was only at about 8 or 9 10ths - no bullshit. Take that CVP.

WW

Florian
04-24-06, 09:26 PM
That brought a tear to my eye.....god bless WW and god bless the USA <cue America the Beautiful; put that silly Indian guy with the tear runnin down his cheek on the big screen>

Enjoy your V's!

Well done WW, well done!

F

rand49er
04-24-06, 09:26 PM
What a great bedtime story! :highfive:

Night-night.

StealthV
04-24-06, 09:31 PM
Best post ever. :highfive:

V-Max
04-24-06, 09:31 PM
I sure he'll remeber the shrill of the Maggie or the thrum of the V8 bouncing his chest or helmut, if he was wearing one.

Nice quick kill!

Norm - no killing yet...
http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=9;t=261;st=225

Florian
04-24-06, 09:34 PM
Best post ever. :highfive:

definately get my vote..... :cycle: :brutal:

Dennisscars
04-24-06, 09:47 PM
Great story!:highfive:

you made Johnny sad...
http://www.r6.com/forum/modules/gallery/albums/Johnnys-R6/mebike.jpg

Dennisscars
04-24-06, 09:50 PM
Hey... maybe that cool guy who gives out the cool V calendars will give you one for such a cool story...:tease:

wildwhl
04-24-06, 10:02 PM
You're evil Dennis. I might trade CVP in on you.

ace996
04-24-06, 10:10 PM
Wild,
I'm speechless....that was really great. I felt as if I was there and with respect applaud the magnificence of the prose. Really...I'm blown away.
Great post!
-ace

Staxxin
04-24-06, 10:14 PM
Excellent Story... Excellent Story...

RocketV
04-24-06, 10:17 PM
Best written kill story I've read. great subject, great prose, great V. Many thanks for ending my day on a happy note.

Gus

Staxxin
04-24-06, 10:19 PM
WW,

what kind of powe are you producing? If I recall correctly you are running the 2.6 pulley.

wildwhl
04-24-06, 10:22 PM
Staxxin -

Don't know. No dyno. Best answer I have is *american*.

WW

DILLIGAF
04-24-06, 10:33 PM
That kill story would not be the same in a Porsche.Well done WW

nikon
04-24-06, 10:33 PM
that....was awesome. I had an R6 if you can beat one....thats just wow, or maybee its (like whoa)

Chef
04-24-06, 10:34 PM
:thumbsup:

WW

Thanks for that awesome MEAL!! -- Great words that were all in balance...

Made my night!!!

Chef

heavymetals
04-24-06, 10:46 PM
HA HA HA

Great read.

I bet the sap will never admit to being hosed by a Cadillac.

wildwhl
04-24-06, 10:51 PM
Fact is, being an avid motorcyclists myself (currently in the dirt), the R6 should have killed me. I was quite surprised when he didn't outrun me on the straight. The cornering makes sense...but the straight was, well, a surprise.

WW

PS - you're right, wouldn't be the same in a porch (no typo here)

blown black caddy
04-24-06, 11:14 PM
Good kill! Sounds like he was a poser. Probably at home right now installing a powercommander.:bigroll:

ace996
04-24-06, 11:26 PM
Fact is, being an avid motorcyclists myself (currently in the dirt), the R6 should have killed me. I was quite surprised when he didn't outrun me on the straight. The cornering makes sense...but the straight was, well, a surprise.

WW

The real truth is that many riders do not know how to "wring the weasel pi$$" from their bikes enough. With the Maggie, you're pretty much always in the power-band...that R6 needs to be at just the right rpms to make it a fair run.

I once underestimated a highly-modded C4 Vette(ZR1) on a highway run. Similar situation as the above, but I passed him on "my turn" on my Duc....only place outside of the track that I'll put my knee down. A loooong left hander that ends in a quick brake/right-turn transition-on-ramp to a 5 mile run to my exit. This is the "clean the injectors" run that's abused in the wee-hours of the morning. The parked police usually just watch us go by...
So...I pass MrVette on the left hander on the outside, brake slightly and then kick it over to the right and get on the gas. The front wheel lifts slightly as I'm straightening out the bike and I'm on it....I run up a few gears and then back off...sitting up to slow-down with the aero-brake effect....
MRVette is right on me...pulls up next to me and motions to go...I go...hard...
He did a great job staying with me, I was really surprised. We would go from 90ish to 140ish a few times and he stayed along pretty good...
I don't know what he was pushing on the motor, but it was real loud and made quite a burst of soot when he got on it.

You never know...
-ace

VELOSE
04-25-06, 02:38 AM
WW, you're inspirational....:worship:

Texan V
04-25-06, 06:02 AM
Nice to see kills being posted back in the V forum without being moved...

Kadonny
04-25-06, 08:22 AM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

ewill3rd
04-25-06, 08:30 AM
Nicely written.
Not all R6 riders are retarded... although there are probably more retards than non.
I own one myself actually... but I know when not to do stupid things.
I use mine for dicing curves, not getting tickets.

drewcruikshank
04-25-06, 08:58 AM
sweet. car vs. bike never gets old, no matter who wins!

stkshkr
04-25-06, 09:12 AM
Excellent...Excellent

CRZY747
04-25-06, 11:00 AM
hmm ya sounds like he needs to learn how to ride his bike before racing it.

I also have a 06 R6, and 04 CTS-V with 100shot, putting out 468rwhp, and there is no campairson.

J

Great story, and kill

Staxxin
04-25-06, 07:52 PM
Staxxin -

Don't know. No dyno. Best answer I have is *american*.

WW

Good answer :) . I'm just trying to get a good comparison of power gains with a 2.6 pulley over a 2.8.

roadracerx72
04-25-06, 09:00 PM
That was a good read I must admit. Most riders never see the full potential of their bikes. There are a few club racers out there with street bikes so this story could have ended differently.

Nice Job!! :thumbsup:

blown black caddy
04-25-06, 09:35 PM
Are you going to Fontana this weekend? Mladin owns California Speedway. Spies may get lucky though?

nparrous
04-25-06, 10:29 PM
UN-FREAKIN' BELIEVABLE!!!!
Dude, I don't know if your a writer or not, but that was a kick-ass little brief. I felt like i was there. very cool.

wildwhl
04-26-06, 12:03 AM
Having many bikes in my past, I'm well aware of the potential of inline 4 rice bikes...not to mention desmo bikes :D

Glad you all enjoyed...maybe he just needed a tune for his mods :cookoo:

WW

roadracerx72
04-26-06, 11:32 AM
Are you going to Fontana this weekend? Mladin owns California Speedway. Spies may get lucky though?

Mladin seems to be having a slow start this year. Still just a few points from being in the lead. Spies is young and a very serious rider. Should be a great race. My luck has me on my way to Sacramento this weekend and will miss the race. :mad: :mad: :mad:

DgtalPimp
04-26-06, 07:10 PM
WW - First off very nice story and great job not killing the bike rider. :eek:

As a person who has to inline fours (R1, and Busa, Yeah Dgtal like's em fast just)

I thank you for 1) noticing us (pay attention others), and 2) for spanking a poser (pay attention posers). The bike can and should have pulled you in the corner (doesn't mean the rider has the skills to pay the bills), as for the straight line, I know first hand the spanking a V can thrown down (many a :holycrap: look that I have caused without the maggie :shhh:) so your V with a Maggie and a tune :eek: .

As for the R6 rider, spend the money and get a V1, visit http://www.jmcorp.com, and get your helmet wired up so you can hear the V1 screaming "slow down you dumb funk, and DON"T get your ass handed to you by Johnny law for being stupid. If Darwin or Murphy show up, your on your own.

wildwhl
04-26-06, 10:16 PM
WW's next 2-wheeler

http://www.ducati.com/docs_eng/model06/hypermotard/flash051115/home.html

Glad to see you're still around dgtal - the V1 is excellent advice.

And to all others - dgtal's comment is well taken (and something I forget, since I are what I see - a motorcyclist). Pay attention - they're in your blind spot not by choice at many times.

;)

WW

StealthV
04-27-06, 01:15 AM
Stealth's next two wheeler

http://www.aprilia.com/modelli/road/modello.asp?id=67#

or a Duc or a new XB12R. I'm torn three ways like a wet paper towel.

Hooligan bikes. :thumbsup:

wildwhl
04-28-06, 12:11 AM
Ahhh...the Tuono. Nice choice.

Let's be honest here, though (as we totally start a superior thread jack).

If they'd only let Mr. Buell use a *different* engine - we'd all buy THAT ONE! (or at least consider it)

WW

StealthV
04-28-06, 07:01 AM
Mr. Buell's fuel injected twin is a good choice for around town daily driving and that is my primary use. Weekend play toy is #2. The off idle torque is like having a V with a Maggie.

And it has the advantage of a larger dealer network so when one is in the middle of nowhere and needs help, it's not as far away. Trying to get parts for an Italian bike in the middle of Nebraska would not be fun. The challenge for me on Mr. American Motorcycle Buell is Mrs. Buell drives a Nissan.

Own the corners and the straights.

http://a1264.g.akamai.net/7/1264/1354/745db4afcad89a/www.buell.com/en_us/images/bikes_gear/xb12r/action6_small.jpg

SwampFox
04-28-06, 08:30 AM
OUTSTANDING Post WW. I just wish I had those opportunities here in the Motor City. Roads are S..t and the good ones are always crowded. That's why I drive to W. N.Y or S. Ohio for thrills.

Geno
04-28-06, 10:28 AM
I just got back from a 1400 mile vacation with my favorite "V" when I read this fine story. It just gives me the warm fuzzies all over. Thanks for great read!

wildwhl
04-28-06, 06:26 PM
StealthV -

The XB12R is a nice bike - trust me. A couple of summers ago I rode my lowly Monster 620 (I did all the mods I could find of course, should have bought the 1000 at the time) down to the local HD dealer and took an XB12R for a demo. After about a 30 mile ride I was thinking I really liked it.

Then, after returning the Buell to the dealership, I jumped on the little monster and low and behold, it handled better, braked better, leaned better, and generally felt better save for power. A summer later (last summer) I did the same scenario, except this time I arrived on a friends S4R. Results similar but more extreme.

If you like the Buell, you might REALLY like the S2R or S4R Duc...just a thought. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Buell bikes, but there was some slop in the front end I can't quite figure out (cushion mount bars possibly - generally to stop the vibration of the big twin killing the nerves in your hands/wrists).

WW

CaddyPimpLS1
04-28-06, 06:31 PM
the new r6's with nothing but strapped down rear shock have run a 9.9 right off the showroom floor. if this rider was anything more then a 16 year old girl with a permit then they should retire from the riding scene forever.