: Gave the STS to the wife and got a V

The Tony Show
04-24-06, 08:01 PM
I have always hated these threads, but I just felt compelled to introduce myself as a new V owner. I've been over in the STS forum for quite a while now, and finally broke down and bought that Black on Black V I've been wanting for a while. :)

I've been selling Cadillacs for 7 years now, and wanted a V since they debuted. On Friday, the gentleman who bought our very first 2004 CTS-V traded it in, and I decided to grab it, considering how well I know he has maintained it over the past 2 years.

So anyway, the wife got the 05 STS, and I've finally got my V! Pointless post, I know, but yay me!!:alchi:

StealthV
04-24-06, 08:09 PM
'05 STS = zero mods, right?

'04 CTS-V = worse than model airplanes (and snowmobiles).

What's first? Exhaust? :lildevil:

:welcome:

The Tony Show
04-24-06, 08:15 PM
No, it will be a phone call to you, actually. :D

Staxxin
04-24-06, 08:52 PM
Congrats!!!

lasstss
04-24-06, 08:56 PM
I have to ask, your not connected with that singing group?
Im dating myself..:stirpot: :D :D

The Tony Show
04-24-06, 09:01 PM
Heh heh, no. Dawn and I split up years ago....

2004ctsv
04-24-06, 09:02 PM
I have to ask, your not connected with that singing group?
Im dating myself..:stirpot: :D :D

You have to do that when no one else will date you.

Didn't that dawn on you?

Ugh.

T

Florian
04-24-06, 09:49 PM
gave the wife an STD and got VD myself....hmmmm

F

Luna.
04-24-06, 10:33 PM
Gratz on new car. These boards will make it very difficult to keep money in your wallet and not spend them on upgrades...

PAW 47
04-25-06, 07:46 AM
Man, can't even give your buddy a call. He (me) has to find out on the autocross forum, then I see you've posted here too..

You tard :D

kjr39
04-25-06, 07:47 AM
Congrats, but wait a sec? You sell Caddys?

You mean, you have a clue and don't try to tell people that the CTS-V (CTS-Five) does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, has a Corvette motor that produces 500HP or any of the other things that some of the folks have heard around here.

A tear comes to my eye just thinking about it.

CIWS
04-25-06, 07:52 AM
:welcome: to this side of the forum and to the V finally. It's cool you will have one of your own to drive and be participating here as well. That will end up making you one of the more informed Cadillac salesman about the V, not just what it says in some brochure. :thumbsup:

rand49er
04-25-06, 09:14 AM
Are you with a dealer? Where (if I may ask)? :confused:

BTW, congrats!

The Tony Show
04-25-06, 10:57 AM
Thanks!

I've been with Plaza Cadillac in Leesburg, FL since '99 (and I will become a supporting dealer soon). No, I do not tell people any of the silly salesman crap listed above, since I was a gearhead long before I started selling.

My experience with performance cars includes my Father and I restoring and tuning his '72 RX-2 (Supercharged 13B Rotary), as well as 50% of the wrenching and driving on a F Prepared 94 Miata (full suspension, race clutch, R-compounds, headers, intake, straight pipe, etc...) that I co-own with PAW 47 (3 posts up). I'm not the typical idiot salesman. :bigroll:

When I attended the CTS-V school at Moroso raceway back in 2003 (prior to the V's release), I knew that I'd one day own one. It's just taken me a while to get around to it.

rand49er
04-25-06, 01:39 PM
... Plaza Cadillac in Leesburg, FL ...Darn!

May I ask you a ques? I need a crankshaft position sensor relearn. How would you suggest I approach my dealer about doing that without jeopardizing my warranty given my mods?

(What's crazy about the situation is I probably baby my car more than anyone, but how do I convince the dealer of that!!!)

PAW 47
04-25-06, 01:58 PM
Darn!

May I ask you a ques? I need a crankshaft position sensor relearn. How would you suggest I approach my dealer about doing that without jeopardizing my warranty given my mods?

(What's crazy about the situation is I probably baby my car more than anyone, but how do I convince the dealer of that!!!)

I'm not sure there will be a safe approach with that one Rand. Really is depends on relations with your Service Advisor.

Good luck :)

BadCad
04-26-06, 08:50 PM
CTS-V school at Moroso raceway
What did they teach you there? Am really curious 'cause some salesmen I've heard really have no clue about the V. I end up educating them....

The Tony Show
04-26-06, 10:09 PM
Lots of good stuff. We got to spend some time in the classroom with GM Performance Division engineers, who explained in detail the changes made between the ZO6 and V powertrains, lots of detailed information about the chassis and suspension upgrades over a stock CTS and competitive comparisons to the C32 AMG and M3. Then we got to run an autocross course with the three aforementioned cars, as well as taking a few laps around Moroso in the V with a professional race driver.

Cadillac has these training schools for each new model (even Escalades!), and it's a shame that it's too expensive for every salesperson to attend. Each dealership ends up sending their top person (sometimes two) because of the cost involved in attending. I've been with Cadillac for almost 7 years, and I've learned so much about the little details they don't print in the brochures. I'm a firm believer in knowing what you sell and believing in the product. Hell, I have two parked in my garage! :D

BadCad
04-27-06, 11:32 AM
Would be nice if this was available to V customers. I believe BMW and Porsche offer courses like these to their customers. With the last Porsche I bought many years ago I got an invitation to attend such a course, which I passed on due to scheduling issues. I sometimes wonder if Cadillac has a beast by the tail with the V series, and does not really know what it has or how to develop that...