: Oil Temp/Service Headache

JP's V
04-24-06, 07:56 PM
Took my '05 V in last Monday for the ever present, binging Oil Temp alert. This is the second time, the first time the dealer told me that the TSB only applied to earlier made V's and that the alert was being caused by "agressive driving." It wasn't/isn't. It comes on all the time, under 'normal' driving conditions.

So far, they have flashed the software, replaced the sensor, had to order a new 'instrument cluster' and, 8 days later, i still don't have my V :mad:. Instead I'm driving a Buick Lucerne loaner. Kill me.

JP's V
04-27-06, 09:27 AM
11 days now and still no V...this is ridiculous.

CIWS
04-27-06, 09:32 AM
Kinda sounds like they've discovered you weren't just telling stories and are trying to figure out the problem. Hopefully anyway.

It sucks being without the V, but don't feel too bad, my loaner was a 2.8l engine for 17 days :(

NH Vrod
04-27-06, 12:48 PM
Do whay I do, beat the crap out of the loaner, kinda makes me feel alittle better...

Joey'sVee
04-27-06, 01:12 PM
I have had the High Oil Temp light blinking and beeping since last Thanksgiving. I have taken it to the dealership 4 times for a fix and they finally told me "Don't bring it back. There is no fix for this. You just have to live with it."

So I bought a 50 thousand dollar Cadillac and it's broke. It's under warranty so they MUST fix it but they can't. This means it's a lemon...no question about it!!! :eek: This means arbitration. Just to let you know a TSB is out on this problem…it says we can’t fix it but we are working on a fix. They have been working on it since May 06, 2004. :rant2:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/pi01886a.pdf

I hate to tell you this but you will just have to live with the problem…there is no fix. :thumbsup:

I can’t even sell my car right now because nobody is going to buy it like this…would you buy a car with a beeping and blinking light that is not fixable? I'm trying to dump it but I can't. So now what should I do?????

I’ve had it with GM!!! I’ll let everyone know what happens in arbitration. :stirpot:

JP's V
05-03-06, 09:52 AM
Well, 17 days and it's still in the shop and I'm still driving a Chevy pickup loaner. Anyway, I have been told that they have actually involved "the guy that designed the V" and are working on a rewiring solution. Who knows....this sucks.

CIWS
05-03-06, 09:57 AM
Who knows....this sucks.

Can't argue that point. :( However a bright side may be you end up discovering something, and a fix that can save some of us some headaches in the future. (crosses fingers)

JP's V
05-08-06, 10:29 AM
22 days and still no V for me. I don't really have a sense of when it will be done. ALL THIS FOR AN OIL TEMP SENSOR ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joey'sVee
05-08-06, 08:08 PM
Bro we need to talk! Please e-mail me at jmed99@hotmail.com. I'm having the same problem (among others). Mine has been at the dealership for 7 days now and they say "we are still working on it".

I bet they are telling us the same thing.

Mods: any way I can send this guy a PM eventhough he has less than 50 post? Thanks!

Joey'sVee
05-08-06, 08:52 PM
Nevermind. He e-mailed me. Thanks