: Oil change

Kidhummer
04-24-06, 03:37 PM
I just did my first oil change at only 2900 miles. I know it was premature but it was free so I figured why not. The real reason I went is because I thought they would reflash my computer.

My car is governed at 151 MPH because of the RSA tires. So i figured I can give them a bs story and get my computer reflashed to get rid of the governor, I am not intending to speed but I just do not want a governed car. I told them that my gas milegae was off and I needed them to flash my computer (my car really does guzzle gas). Service manager answered by saying that it was unecessary to flash the computer unless there was an error code. I wasn't going to argue as I have a Magnaflow exhaust, short shifter, throttle body spacer in my car.

Unfortunately for me, I cannot seem to find anyone with software for the LS2 yet:helpless:

NORRISK66
04-24-06, 03:40 PM
Due to legal issues-GM will not give dealerships the necessary codes to bypass these safety issues.

Kadonny
04-24-06, 03:42 PM
Why don't you want a goverened car if you will never reach 150? That does not make sense.

Kidhummer
04-24-06, 03:51 PM
Why don't you want a goverened car if you will never reach 150? That does not make sense.

Emergency's do arise.. AMG's do go 155 :)

blown black caddy
04-24-06, 04:07 PM
Take it to a road course.I guarantee you after you've spent a day on the track learning what your car can really do under repeated accelerating and braking you will lose the desire to speed on the street/freeway/highway! The last thing I need to be doing is prying your half dead ass out of the car after you've hit something. Ever had a tire let go at that speed? Tires are speed rated for a good reason. :eek:

Quick story for you. Brand spanking new Porsche turbo owner left the food/ bar establishment to head home approx 6-7 miles from his home. If you've ever driven a Porsche you know what I mean they tend to oversteer sometimes. Hauling ass up the road around 80mph hit a tree, and the tree won! We had to cut him out of the car for the Coroner. Not trying to flame you Kidhummer but everybody thinks they can drive fast until an unforseen circumstance suddenly pops up in front of you! That's why I recommend the track.

Kidhummer
04-24-06, 04:12 PM
I don't drive faster than the posted speed limit anyway ; )

04-24-06, 05:20 PM
for some of us anal-retentive and overcautious types, 2900 miles for a first oil change is not at all premature, and is in fact overdue.

For others, and for your "oil life computer," however, it is fine....

Jesda
04-24-06, 05:45 PM
Some say to do the first oil change at 500 or 1000 to remove manufacturing particles, and the remainder at normal factory-specified intervals.

austin
04-24-06, 06:04 PM
I think you can change the top speed limiter yourself with a diablo sport predator programer.... Not sure though?

Kidhummer
04-24-06, 06:20 PM
They do not make one for the 2006 V's yet

SoFlaV
04-24-06, 09:21 PM
My '04 V hit 155 quite nicely... *whistling innocently*

BeagleBrains
04-24-06, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=blown black caddy]Take it to a road course learning what your car can really do
:bigroll: The dutiful voice of reason.
I am one of those anal-conservatives as well. I change oil every 2500 miles. I am, in fact, installing the AMSOIL PreLube with dual filters this weekend.