: Brotherton Cadillac, Renton WA

Poopie D
04-24-06, 12:03 PM
I am so mad...I have been speaking to sales rep for over a month with regards to buying an 05 CTS-V. They had a stealth gray one on the lot, right price, right mileage. I really wanted a light platinum one, and the stealth gray was just not what I wanted. I told the dealer that if he could get me a Light Platinum one for the same price, I would do the deal. This is where the story gets crazy....

The sales rep tells me that his boss is at the GM (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) auction as we spoke and he was gonna call him right away and call me back in 5 minutes. I waited a few hours and decided to follow-up. The sales rep said that his boss managed to get a program car (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) at the auction and it should be at the dealer in a few days.

A few days later, I call the sales rep and ask him if the car came in. He said it did...and that it looks great. He said that they were gonna run it through the shop so that it would have the caddi certified pre-owned (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) warranty (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#). I asked him to take a picture and send me the VIN. He said that he would in a few hours because he was going to go home and get his digital camera.

Two days pass and still no VIN or picture. I call him back and ask what the hold up is. He said that the car was getting detailed and he did not want to a pic until it was done. I said can you at least send the VIN. He said he would go into the back and call me right back.

Next day, still no call, I call him back, ask for the vin and a picture, said he was sick and could not send it today but would send it the next day.

I called him back at least 4 or 5 times more over the next few weeks, sent numerous emails and got the same run around.

Today I call the dealership and asked to speak to the sales manager. I asked the sales manager why this rep was not calling me back. The sales manager said they did not have any CTS-V in stock...they were trying to get one in on a trade, but that never happened. I told him that I did not appreciate being lied to for a month. He said that kind of stuff happens and that they would call me if a CTS-V came in one day.

I am so mad...I sold my other car, I have my financing all set up and no V to buy. How can an authorized Cadillac (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) dealer just lie to people like that? Do any of you guys have any advice for me? Is there someone I could complain to?

04-28-06, 10:54 AM
Email, Brad, tell him what happened - he needs to know whats going on if it's going to be corrected - He's been great to me.


He's the man to talk to. And I am quite sure he IS interested in making sure you are treated the way you would expect. When I emailed him, he responded in a day.