: This suspension creaking is driving me nuts!!

vonhiner
04-24-06, 10:58 AM
Has anyone else solved this problem?? When approaching a stop at slow speed the suspension creaks like crazy. It has now been in the shop three times 6 days out of service and they still haven't cured it. They have lubed the sway bar, replaced a control arm, and loosened and lubed the sub-frame bushings on the tops. Actually, after the lubing the subframe bushings it stopped for about 30 miles then returned so I think we are on the right track. Any thoughts? Also any input on the clunking in the driveline when on and off the gas??(I think it is inherent to the car myself) Thanks Chris H.

homer403
04-24-06, 11:18 AM
I have the same creaking noise... I believe it is the stupid GM wheel hop bushings I had installed. I am taking those out and put the Spectors on to see if that takes care of it.

ronr
04-24-06, 11:41 AM
Specter bushings cured it for me

NIK
04-24-06, 11:46 AM
Has anyone else solved this problem?? When approaching a stop at slow speed the suspension creaks like crazy. It has now been in the shop three times 6 days out of service and they still haven't cured it. They have lubed the sway bar, replaced a control arm, and loosened and lubed the sub-frame bushings on the tops. Actually, after the lubing the subframe bushings it stopped for about 30 miles then returned so I think we are on the right track. Any thoughts? Also any input on the clunking in the driveline when on and off the gas??(I think it is inherent to the car myself) Thanks Chris H.

The clunking is not inherent to the car itself - my '05 has 11,000 miles on the odometer, doesn't clunk now, never did.

atdeneve
04-24-06, 11:56 AM
Got the damn creaking noise too. But it's from the front driver side of the car. Over bumps, driveways - basically, any changes in road elevation between the corners of the vehicle causes the moaning/creaking. Sounds like its coming from the A-pillar area. Assuming it's the suspension. It's getting worse with the warmer weather.

Actually, all sorts of groans, moans, and aching sounds are coming out and making themselves more noticeable with the warmer weather. Gotta take care of each and every one of them, lest I lose my frecken sanity.

VRated
04-24-06, 12:38 PM
Got the damn creaking noise too. But it's from the front driver side of the car. Over bumps, driveways - basically, any changes in road elevation between the corners of the vehicle causes the moaning/creaking. .

I have the same thing happening on my '05 with 13k miles.
Anyone else experiencing the same and had it resolved ?
I'd like to be able to tell the dealer HOW to fix it.

99m3
04-24-06, 01:28 PM
I had the same thing and the dealership lubed the gm wheelhop bushing and for now the sound is quiet. The Services Advisor also mention there is a GM report, not tsb but the level before like pi or something and that when it becomes a tsb a washer will be replaced in the front.
My other issue is that I love the Hotchkis swaybars but they squeak all the time, you lube them and they quiet down but it comes back, if I had my old bars I would take the Hotchkis bars off.

1fstkde
04-24-06, 03:38 PM
i know it sounds funny, but i have the same problem when the car is cold...or if i go over speedbumps and the car is cold....maybe im just smoking to much, but it seems that way..

calicadi
04-24-06, 09:09 PM
Moan/Groan/Low Frequency creaking - from front end on wheel elevation change... I had all that. Repeat "had". Dealer tried lubricating everything that moves to no avail. I bought the Hotchkis anit-roll bars to improve handling. They have zerk fittings. Installing them cured all my front end groaning and creaking. Buy 'em! They're cheap and easy to install.

I do not have rear end creaking but never bought the GM nor Spectre bushings.

Florian
04-24-06, 09:30 PM
reminds me of a joke:

Pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel attached to his zipper...bartender says "hey, you know you got a steering wheel attached to your zipper"
Pirate says" aarrrggghhh, its drivin me nuts!!!!

F