: Yet another happy StealthV customer!

Seattle CTS-V
04-23-06, 01:19 PM
Maggie has never been happier. Throttle response is quicker, car runs 10 degrees cooler, rev-matching easier, torque down low makes driving around town easier and WOT makes me crap my pants. My butt-o-meter tells me theres something there now that wasn't there before. The downsides are the additional investment I'll be needing to make in tires and the fact that I'll be causing depression in those that end up seeing my taillights.

I ended up purchasing a 2nd PCM like a couple others on the board here. Just in case I need to bring the car in for service I just don't want to give them any excuses to deny me warranty work. The install is a piece of cake. Takes maybe 15 minutes max - including getting the car up on the ramps. The first PCM that Rick sent me had a tiny bit of WOT pinging. I emailed him this finding and that very same day he mailed out an entirely new PCM w/ the updated programming. He told me to hold on to the first PCM he sent me and to mail it back whenever. You don't get that kind of service and trust from many companies. Rick is first class!

Tomorrow I am signed up for my first open lapping day of the season (3rd time ever). I have a couple friends signed up as well. One in a 350Z conv. and another in his C4S. The track is Pacific Raceways. Not as nice as some of the tracks many forum members get to run on but beggars can't be choosers I guess. Oh yeah, I also just received my CG-Locks. They really do lock your ass in tight to the seat. Not bad for $35.

http://www.pacificraceways.com/

rand49er
04-23-06, 02:08 PM
Throttle response is quicker, car runs 10 degrees cooler, rev-matching easier, torque down low makes driving around town easier and WOT makes me crap my pants. My butt-o-meter tells me theres something there now that wasn't there before. ... I ended up purchasing a 2nd PCM like a couple others on the board here. Just in case I need to bring the car in for service I just don't want to give them any excuses to deny me warranty work. The install is a piece of cake. Takes maybe 15 minutes max - including getting the car up on the ramps. ... He told me to hold on to the first PCM he sent me and to mail it back whenever. You don't get that kind of service and trust from many companies. Rick is first class!Yeah, that! (except for the maggie part)

Just like Seattle, we StealthV customers are very satisfied. I've said it before, if any of you guys are on the fence about Rick's tune, don't be. Rick will make sure you're satisfied. ('Course, not like the brokeback mtn guys on this forum. :histeric: )

Hopefully, we Detroit-area guys will get our dyno time at Katech in a couple of weeks, and I'll find out just where my V stands on rwhp. I'll post the sheet.

Hey, Seattle, what're you putting down now?

2004ctsv
04-23-06, 03:39 PM
Seattle - did you get any check engine codes with the Magnusson or Stealth tunes? I'm getting one associated with the air intake.

Tony

rand49er
04-23-06, 04:44 PM
Seattle - did you get any check engine codes with the Magnusson or Stealth tunes? I'm getting one associated with the air intake.

TonyI got a code after my StealthV tune, but two things must be mentioned:

1) I had just put headers/hi-flow cats on, and it was a code associated with low cat efficiency.

2) Rick told me how to find out about it and get rid of it (AutoZone will do it free) AND since the next iteration of our tuning process, I haven't gotten it again!!!!!!!

2004ctsv
04-23-06, 07:36 PM
I found out the problem and the cause
I used OnStar to tell me the code then looked it up on a website.

The problem was low manifold vacuum.
The cause is that I'm a moron

The fix was to remember to put the cap on the tee I placed in the vacuum line for a future boost gauge.

T

DILLIGAF
04-23-06, 08:05 PM
Ricks customer service is second to none!

rand49er
04-23-06, 08:54 PM
... The fix was to remember to put the cap on the tee I placed in the vacuum line for a future boost gauge ...Sounds like something I'd do! :histeric:

KTSwanson
04-23-06, 11:29 PM
I have to agree...StealthV WildPower tune installed last week, and this weekend's driving confirms more Maggie power, smoother accelleration and shifts, but taxing the new Toyo Proxes to the max! After all the expense of the Maggie, the tune seems to me an essential (and relatively inexpensive)complement.

Seattle CTS-V
04-24-06, 10:54 AM
I haven't seen any codes thus far. I'm going to be tracking the car in about 3.5 hours so I guess we'll find out! I'm gonna throw some 101 octane in the tank just to be sure.

Dennisscars
04-24-06, 09:04 PM
I haven't seen any codes thus far. I'm going to be tracking the car in about 3.5 hours so I guess we'll find out! I'm gonna throw some 101 octane in the tank just to be sure.

I didn't notice much, if any, difference with more expensive go juice.. It did seem to drink it that much faster though....smelt good..:bouncy:

Devangel
04-25-06, 05:53 PM
One more happy customer here too. Great support as you've all said - Rick was good enough to tweak the tune for me after my dyno runs. Very happy with the results. Thanks Rick.

Florian
04-25-06, 05:57 PM
I dont think there is a list of unhappy customers...Rick wouldnt let it happen. Thats why Ill continue to support StealthV Engineering.

F