: Question about programmers...

chiro444
04-23-06, 10:08 AM
With the programmers out there like Diablosport and Superchips, if you go to turn your car in at the end of a lease and you back the program out, can the programmer be reused on another V of the same year?

V Amazed
04-23-06, 11:40 AM
nope. Sorry. It marries itself to a single VIN. If you send your diablosport in to the company, they will reset it for you, but they charge for that

Ben

chiro444
04-23-06, 12:30 PM
Do you know how much they charge?

thefly
04-23-06, 02:35 PM
when i sent my last one in it was $75

50 4Ever
04-23-06, 06:21 PM
I have a Predator (Diablosport) on my Corvette and I had to have the PCM reflashed (upgraded) and this caused me to send it in to Diablosport to get it unlocked so it would download the new PCM. At that time they said they were about ready to release a new version of the software that would marry to the vin when you installed the Performance Program, and would un-marry when the Stock Program was uploaded back to the car. This would make the unit so that if you got a new car you could restore the stock program in the old car, take the unit to the new car and upload and go. No more sending it in. Seems to me like that was over a year ago.

If you race and want more to be able to edit more stuff than the Predator allows you to do, and you still want a tool, go with LS1Edit, check it out here. (http://ls1edit.slowcar.net/)

:thumbsup: