: Hotchkis Swaybar Question...

austin
04-22-06, 08:31 PM
First off... I love them their great!

I just wanted to point out that when i removed the factory front "V" swaybar, i noticed that the factory front swaybar had a round metal coupling pressed onto each side of the bar. This coupling sat on the inside of the swaybars mount on each side. It kept the factory swaybar perfectly centered. Any adverse effects from the Hotchkis not having it... Like, can the Hotchkis bar move left/right within its mounts (possibly hitting either side of the shock) by not having them? Just curious....... as why GM chose to put them on the factory swaybar, and why Hotchkis (and others) chose not to put them on their swaybars..

*Photo is from the faq section.

rand49er
04-22-06, 08:57 PM
Hm-m-m ... you'd like to think GM put it there for a good reason, wouldn't you?! I'm going to be installing mine next midweek, so thanks for the headsup.

As a mostly risk-averse person and assuming it is advisable to have it there, does it appear possible to adapt something to the Hotchkis bar? ... something like a hose clamp with a washer between the clamp and the whatever (bushing bracket?) is positioning it there, only maybe something better than a hose clamp? :confused:

(Not having seen it, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about ... could you guess?)

lasstss
04-22-06, 09:59 PM
Hm-m-m ... you'd like to think GM put it there for a good reason, wouldn't you?! I'm going to be installing mine next midweek, so thanks for the headsup.

As a mostly risk-averse person and assuming it is advisable to have it there, does it appear possible to adapt something to the Hotchkis bar? ... something like a hose clamp with a washer between the clamp and the whatever (bushing bracket?) is positioning it there, only maybe something better than a hose clamp? :confused:

(Not having seen it, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about ... could you guess?)

Also noticed that the OEM bar was knicking the shock occasionally also.
The bend in the Hotchkis bar is close to the bushing. Not much room for it to travel. It should be fine. The CTS has non locating links at the ends. On the old Cars, the bars couldnt move much as the end links were bolted thru. It is surprising that they didnt add the stops though given the different end links.

austin
04-23-06, 08:26 AM
>On the old Cars, the bars couldnt move much as the end links were bolted thru.

I almost forgot about that. Come to think about it, Now that you pointed that out. It would of made more sense for Hotkis & others to have included them.