: Oil Pump Replacement Info requested

Lcsolutions
04-22-06, 07:48 PM
Hello all! This board has saved me ALOT of money and time... got another request, if possible - can someone share information on the oil pump, where it's located, how to replace, where to buy a replacement affordably perhaps, etc? Is it electric or sepentine-driven? Thanks in advanced!!

Joe
2000 Catera

97cateraowner
04-24-06, 05:06 PM
Hello all! This board has saved me ALOT of money and time... got another request, if possible - can someone share information on the oil pump, where it's located, how to replace, where to buy a replacement affordably perhaps, etc? Is it electric or sepentine-driven? Thanks in advanced!!

Joe
2000 Catera

I believe it is at front of motor. The cradle needs to be dropped to access it so I was told. Dealer charged me $1800 to do it. That was 3 yrs and 80K miles ago. I can look in my manual when I get home.

Lcsolutions
04-26-06, 12:22 PM
I appreciate the help - if you need to email anything thatwon't post to this forum, you can shoot it over to Lcsolutions21229-AT-yahoo.com . Thank you very much for the assistance and checking the book - something that is on my list to buy.

Joe

Lcsolutions
05-04-06, 02:03 PM
Any help available out there? TIA!

Joe

jbjordan
05-06-06, 01:23 PM
Joe,

Im in the same boat i belive. What makes you thin it is the oil pump? Im just verfying condtion with mine. I think it is it becuase of the Oil pressure. Mine will crank up to 40-60 while im driving then drop all the way back down to 20 and close to the redline when at idle. i think the bearings are about shot. A buddy that i am going to today is thinking the engine might have to be pulled to access it. I'll let you know in about 2 hrs.

Lcsolutions
05-08-06, 10:37 AM
Yes, my reasoning is the low oil pressure issue at operating temperatures. I have changed the oil out to a higher viscosity weight, and still no improvement. I read that some had success replacing the oil pump, and am trying to assess the job technically before I give up and take it to the shop.

Joe