: Does anyone else have a screw in their front bumper, where the DRL is??

nikon
04-22-06, 04:41 PM
wellI was washing my car today and noticed a screw where the fog/drl housing it, up under the lip of where it insets on the bumper...basically look at your drl/fog housing, then look up. Is there a screw there on anyone elses car? Just trying to add some fuel to the fire for the crappy 1** point inspection the dealer supposeldy did...just wanna know if it's supposed to be there, or if shes got a new bumper on her.

edit: oh ya and its on both sides, same spot. just doesnt look factory to me.

Adam
04-22-06, 04:53 PM
could you post a pic? i just want to see.

urbanski
04-22-06, 04:55 PM
yep sure do

GT04CTS-V
04-22-06, 05:15 PM
YUP, got em and they're supposed to be there.

GT

1MEANV
04-22-06, 05:53 PM
yeah it holds it in. they look like wood screws

nikon
04-22-06, 06:05 PM
ok good, I was hoping they were factory....at least it wasnt a jury rigged install of a new bumper....thankyou.

Barak
04-24-06, 01:05 AM
I know what screws you're talking about. I hope someone was fired for that. :thepan:

LS6CAD
04-25-06, 07:55 PM
:thepan: :thepan:
I know what screws you're talking about. I hope someone was fired for that. :thepan:

X2:thepan:

ewill3rd
04-26-06, 07:12 AM
As silly as it seems to put screws there, yes, they all have them.
I think it's a black headed 7mm head screw.
You might go to your local parts store, take one out, match the size and replace it with a bright chrome screw, might look better.
They usually have lots of stuff like that in the "help" section.

nikon
04-26-06, 07:43 AM
As silly as it seems to put screws there, yes, they all have them.
I think it's a black headed 7mm head screw.
You might go to your local parts store, take one out, match the size and replace it with a bright chrome screw, might look better.
They usually have lots of stuff like that in the "help" section.

naa, not gonna bother with that. I could care less that it's there just wanted to make sure she wasnt in an accident or anything, and that was the el-cheapo rigging some body shop did, if it's factory let it be....it's not like you see it till your working on the car.

04-26-06, 11:40 AM
probably el cheapo design work. they probably noticed a buckle or an uneveness or vibration in some cars when they put the production bumper covers on the production cars.....and a couple of screws went into the production design to fix it.

Better than having dealers do it in response to complaints. Oh wait, this is GM. That would never happen.

ewill3rd
04-27-06, 03:59 PM
If you look behind the bumper you'd see that there is not much "meat" in there to connect the mounting bracket to for the lens.
I think they ran out of places to connect it so they just ran a screw through the bumper cover. I agree it doesn't look the greatest.

SoCadillac
04-27-06, 04:31 PM
Do you all you weenie V-Boys lie around all day, on your backs, looking at a screw that you can't see unless you are down at ground level? Geezzzzzz. The screw is there for a reason as the DRL assembly abuts the bumper fascia from the inside with the help of a separate black plastic gasket. There is a hole in top of the gasket where this screw passes through and retains it in place; it is there for a reason--by functional design.

TSB #411: V-boys sucking a wee bit too much NOS. No solution at this time, not working on a fix either. If V-boy should ask you to lie down on your back to see front bumper DRL gasket screw, and V-boy should try to lie down next to you---run!!! Send V-boy home.

:wes: :banana: :gnome:

joshdctsv
04-27-06, 04:54 PM
Did you recently have your radiator replaced by chance? I had to have mine replaced twice (long story, but Im sure you could guess) and both times when the car came back these screws were hanging down. They must have to loosen them for some reason and they tend to be overlooked during cleanup.

SoCadi, When your car is far superior to the matchbox version, you tend to notice such things. Wouldnt want to be confused with our trailer park brethren.

SoCadillac
04-27-06, 04:57 PM
SoCadi, When your car is far superior to the matchbox version, you tend to notice such things. Wouldnt want to be confused with our trailer park brethren.
Like I've told Urby in the past...you're all a bunch of crazy V-bastards! Hey, what's wrong with a good single-wide that you can match to paint your car? Huh? :alchi:

joshdctsv
04-27-06, 05:00 PM
Like I've told Urby in the past...you're all a bunch of crazy V-bastards! Hey, what's worng with a good single-wide that you can match to paint your car? Huh? :alchi:
Does a Silver single-wide fly faster than a Black one?

SoCadillac
04-27-06, 05:02 PM
Only if you have a carport attached on both sides! :wacky:

nikon
04-27-06, 05:03 PM

yes, yes it does.

ewill3rd
04-27-06, 05:11 PM
Replacing the radiator does not require the removal or loosening of those screws.
Not sure what's going on there....

SoCadillac
04-27-06, 05:17 PM
Replacing the radiator does not require the removal or loosening of those screws.
Not sure what's going on there....
The entire DRL has latitude to constantly shift around and because this particular screw mates with the clip through the plastic gasket it probably just works itself loose from the gasket being sandwiched between.

When mine fall out I simply borrow one off my single-wide (an advantage that V-boys do not have).