: DVD/Nav question

Kyle15
04-22-06, 04:43 PM
Hey everyone, new to the forum, just traded in my Mercedes C32 for a V...I already forgot about the C32. Anyways, Im using the Nav to watch music videos and I figured out how to make it play when I drive but none of the functionality works (i.e. seek, return to menu, etc.) am I retarded or is this just how it is gonna be...Also if anyone has any suggestions on burning techniques to make it easy to navigate the cd while driving let me know. Thanks guys.

Oh and the V is faster than the C32 for sure.

ronr
04-22-06, 04:56 PM
I figured out how to make it play when I drive but none of the functionality works (i.e. seek, return to menu, etc.) am I retarded or is this just how it is gonna be...

That's just how it's gonna be. To the best of my knowledge no one has cracked the code on this one yet.

Kyle15
04-22-06, 04:58 PM
Also was wondering if there is any other product out there besides the STS fog light assembly to make that orange light clear. Also wondering about the orange side marker on the side. Any clears available for the car yet?

atdeneve
04-23-06, 12:00 AM
Hey, when you say you're watching music videos and that you want to navigate the CD while driving, does this mean that you are using the web browser to look at videos stored on a CD? Or are you just watching the music videos burned onto a DVD?

Kyle15
04-23-06, 03:36 PM
Just burned a DVD with .mpg files and it works fine...I was reading the manual today and was wondering what do people use the browser for? I dont really understand it.

atdeneve
04-23-06, 05:49 PM
WHHAATTT! That's crazy awesome. Gotta do that. Thanks. U da man.

And yea, not really sure why the hell Cadillac felt the need to put a web browser in our nav system (who the hell stores web pages on a disc to browse in a car without any access to the web), yet manage to omit such 'essentials' as bluetooth, voice command, steering wheel mounted radio/volume controls, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I figured I could try to make some use of the web browser by placing mpeg/wma files on a CD along with an html document to access them through the web browser (never got a chance to try it out though).

But if you got it to work by simply burning it onto a DVD, even better. KickaZz. Caps off to you, guvna.

NIK
04-24-06, 09:44 AM
Not to hijack your post, but I guess my question is related - can we play a burned DVD in our nav unit? I've burned two episodes of the Sopranos and neither will play in my unit while "store bought" DVD's will. What's up with that? Anyone? And, yes, the episodes I've burned will play in other DVD players.

CIWS
04-24-06, 10:14 AM
Your burned DVDs, are you using DVD-R or DVD+R media ? I've used DVD-Rs and they work fine. I've heard +Rs have issues, but haven't tried them with movies yet. Although I did burn a NAV disk using DVD+R DL and it works.

Kyle15
04-25-06, 04:10 PM
Well......lol I was going to say DVD-R will not work but I guess they will. Pretty much I bought DVD+R's....and downloaded a decent burning software. Burned it just like a regular movie except I made sure that it didnt go back to the menu after each video was watched. (or else you are stuck at the menu when you are driving with no control of the features to put a new one on) Works great. All files were .mpg

atdeneve
04-26-06, 06:46 AM
What software are you using?

When you say that you made sure it doesn't return to the menu after each video is played, is that simply an option that you are given with the burning software?

Finally, last question, have you (or anyone else) tried any other file types; i.e., wmv, avi, mp4, etc.?

Gratz.

Kyle15
04-26-06, 12:09 PM
.mpg is all I have tried. I have a mac so I am using Toast but I know friends that use Nero. Ya the continuous play is an option on mine. I burned another one last night and it didnt work, something about mixed PAL and NTSC contents or something so I am gonna try to figure that out. A lot of the problem youll run into is finding the high quality movies that arent corrupted.

v-ape
04-26-06, 02:05 PM
Anyway, I figured I could try to make some use of the web browser by placing mpeg/wma files on a CD along with an html document to access them through the web browser (never got a chance to try it out though).

But if you got it to work by simply burning it onto a DVD, even better. KickaZz. Caps off to you, guvna.

Did this work? I've made some music vid DVD's from DVD-R and all have worked fine. I havent tried .avi/.m2v, but my guess is its your burning program that would do it if you're making a Video DVD. As far as raw files go, I havent tried that, I'm curious to know how the navigation works. Do you have menus or a file tree?

HTML would be neat if you want to spend some time on it, but what is the Browser button for anyway?

BadCad
04-26-06, 09:29 PM
Anybody try burning a DVD with MP3 files for extended music play through the NAV setup? The regular 6-CD player won't play MP3 format.