: I have a leak!!! please read, I think I need to take the rear seat out!

Benzilla
04-22-06, 12:19 PM
Ok, so, last night there was a huge rain storm where I live, and my moonroof decided it wanted to stare leaking... water ran down the C pillar inside the roof, down the beside the read seat, and to the rear floor. so now theres a pool of water in the rear passenger side floor area, the thing is, its under the carpet pad, so the carpet is not wet at all, but when you push down on it, it feels like a waterbed... so I'm assuming that I have to take the back seat out to get the rear carpet up? if so, how would that work? I can't really find any clips or anything, can anyone help? also, anyone know how to make the moonroof stop leaking? this is going to get really old, really fast.

Benzilla
04-22-06, 04:45 PM
are you people for real??? nobody can tell me???? I mean, not to be an as*hole about it, but I need to know soon, I have standing water!

pimpin88
04-22-06, 06:58 PM
to get the back seat out, reach down where the back of the seat meets the bottom and pull up so that you feel it pop. do this three times, once on the passengers side, once in the middle, and once on the drivers side. the push the bottom part of the seat from the front toward the back of the car while pulling up more where your were previously pulling, it should come right out.

Benzilla
04-22-06, 07:21 PM
Just tryed that, no luck... the sides came up a little, but the middle would'nt budge. and trust me I'm strong, so I can't figure it out.the arm rest and seat belts kept it down, I'm starting to get pissed, what am I doing wrong? I can't figure it out :(

The Ape Man
04-22-06, 09:11 PM
Push the bottom of the back seat (at the front near the floor) straight back, then pull up. It needs a good push to become unlocked.

There should be a drain somewhere in the sunroof. Look for a hole in a low spot. It is probably clogged with leaves. A thin stiff wire can help push the restriction on through.

Benzilla
04-22-06, 09:40 PM
Ok, I'll try again tomorow. as far as the drains go, I've thought if shooting compressed air through them. We'll see.

90Brougham350
04-23-06, 12:46 PM
The sunroof in my 85 Parisienne had 4 1/2" rubber drain lines that ran down and out on the front door hinges and out into the wheel well in the rear, does yours have anything like this?

Brian

Benzilla
04-24-06, 08:28 PM
Ok, so I got the back seat out, and, my God! there was a lake of water! I got the worst of it out, and it is still air drying, there was water under the carpet and everywhere. So this morning I found this shop in town that does interiors and tops, and I had them look at it, half an hour later the guy was done, it turns out that two things were causing the leak; for one, the drain(as mentioned by 90Brougham350) was clogged, so he blew air through it, tested it and boom, it worked. then he went into the trunk, and found that the spare tire jack was pressing aganst the the drain hose, therefor blocking it, so water went into the trunk, so right now the jack is out of the car(no idea where to put it now). So a clear plastic tube was placed inside the drain tube to support it, and then the tube was clamped to the end piece(that goes through the trunk floor) so hopefully, that fixes it, the guy only charged $20! you can't beat that. I would have done it myself, but my air tank is busted.

77CDV
04-24-06, 08:36 PM
:thumbsup:

The Ape Man
04-25-06, 04:38 PM
Go back tomorrow and buy lunch for that guy.

Benzilla
04-25-06, 06:03 PM
I would but he's booked up 'till May lol. he's a good guy, he can be a pain, but he's a good guy.

DopeStar 156
04-25-06, 08:27 PM
Go back tomorrow and buy lunch for that guy.
I sent the guy who did my vinyl top a 1:18 scale '64 Mustang identical to the one he owns. He was a Mustang freak and did an awesome job for a fraction of the price everyone else wanted. He'll be doing my headliner soon.