: Another FG2 thread...

Luna.
04-21-06, 08:52 PM
Just got the FG2 shocks installed and initial impressions are..

OUTSTANDING! :worship:

Confidence during freeway driving is much improved, dive during quick turns is significantly reduced and the ride is firmer. Just what I had hoped for...

My thoughts are that FG2 shocks should be STANDARD in the CTS-V.

Now, I'm off to play with an E55 AMG or two... :lildevil:

Should be fun!!

Chef
04-21-06, 08:57 PM
well done!!:thumbsup:

I played a few ago with one --- no worries:thepan:

Chef

VELOSE
04-21-06, 10:47 PM
What did you do for an alignment afterall?

wildwhl
04-21-06, 11:12 PM
Frank -

I've swapped stock shocks, aftermarket shocks, and modified stock shocks more times than I care to remember. There is NO NEED for an alignment after swapping front or rear shocks. They DO NOT affect these settings (though ride height might).

The front "strut" assembly, if you will, is keyed in position at the top and bottom by the mounting method.

WW

VELOSE
04-22-06, 09:49 PM
WW,
That's good to know. However full moon Luna said he was going to get an alignment. I wonder if he went with a performance alignment or plain jane vanilla stock alignment.

Luna what it is?

Luna.
04-22-06, 09:53 PM
I *ALMOST* went with a performance alignment (per Dreamin's recommendations). I ended up with a more conservative one (stock), as I honestly am not pushing the car through turns really hard all that often. :)

VELOSE
04-22-06, 10:06 PM
I *ALMOST* went with a performance alignment (per Dreamin's recommendations). I ended up with a more conservative one (stock), as I honestly am not pushing the car through turns really hard all that often. :)

:tisk:

Just kidding.:thumbsup:

wildwhl
04-23-06, 01:19 AM
I went with the aggressive street settings a week ago and have to say I like it quite a bit. Besides, tires don't last long on the maggified V's - regardless of brand or alignment. Might as well just enjoy it :)

Before you go there - I finally had it aligned because I finally settled on the ride height that I like ;)

WW