: New tire report.

willsctsv
04-21-06, 07:35 PM
Hey guys I have been out of the forum for a while, but this is busy season for me.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know, If you are considering great summer tires, I just slapped on the new Bridgestone Potenza RE01-R.
The stickiest street tire I have had. Smooth as silk on the highway with amazing handling. Very agressive tread pattern also. These tires keep you glued on the twisties and you will crap your pants before they start squealing. I'm gonna go test em at Pocono's or the Glen for the true test.
But I can already tell that these tires are awesome. :worship:

JOEYCTS-V
04-21-06, 07:49 PM
Big Will! I thought you sold the V. :bouncy: How is the axle hop with the new tires? When are you coming to the Cunningham Park meets?

thebigjimsho
04-21-06, 08:31 PM
Hey guys I have been out of the forum for a while, but this is busy season for me.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know, If you are considering great summer tires, I just slapped on the new Bridgestone Potenza RE01-R.
The stickiest street tire I have had. Smooth as silk on the highway with amazing handling. Very agressive tread pattern also. These tires keep you glued on the twisties and you will crap your pants before they start squealing. I'm gonna go test em at Pocono's or the Glen for the true test.
But I can already tell that these tires are awesome. :worship:Oooooooooo...

I have been eyeing that tire with wonderment. I figured it would be pretty kickass. I just wish they had a wider allotment of sizes.

willsctsv
04-21-06, 09:00 PM
Joe, which nights are you there? Anyone to race? LOL!

willsctsv
04-21-06, 09:00 PM
No hop. Nothing hops like the runcrapolas!

Zeppelin
04-22-06, 08:18 AM
Very nice. My 2nd set of F1s are going downhill fast. BTW, what is the widest you can go on the stock rims? Rear, and front, or are they the same?

Thanks guys

Larry

4DOORVET
04-22-06, 12:11 PM
I'm gonna go test em at Pocono's or the Glen for the true test.

I'm headed to te Glen on 5/8, interested?

KTSwanson
04-22-06, 12:12 PM
I'd say the same about the new Toyo Proxes T1rs I just put on, replacing the absolutely terrible RS-A EMTs (mushy, speed wobbles, grab and slide), which replaced the F1 EMTs. The Toyos have at least as much stickiness as the F1s, with a better ride...glued to the ground. (245/45/18 fronts, 255/45/18 rears).

Chef
04-22-06, 12:18 PM
glued to the ground. (245/45/18 fronts, 255/45/18 rears).

Does your Eibach allow you for a 275/45/18 rear? Just curious because I just lowered mine ---1.6 frt --- 1.2 rear and hear the "may" rub in the rear with that sizing?.

Thanks,
Chef

KTSwanson
04-22-06, 12:21 PM
Does your Eibach allow you for a 275/45/18 rear? Just curious because I just lowered mine ---1.6 frt --- 1.2 rear and hear the "may" rub in the rear with that sizing?.

Thanks,
Chef
Don't know if you could go all the way to 275...the performance shop I did it through thought the 255/45 on the rear would work well, and be plenty...I think they're right.