: Any update on the bluetooth system??

GOTTSPD
04-21-06, 11:43 AM
Anxiously awaiting a reasonably priced way to use my Treo 650 through the car's audio system! My bluetooth headset works fine, but.......

Thanks CTSVETT!

nikon
04-21-06, 12:06 PM
Anxiously awaiting a reasonably priced way to use my Treo 650 through the car's audio system! My bluetooth headset works fine, but.......

Thanks CTSVETT!

hehe, I knew someone was bound to post about this, it's been almost a month since the last one.

oh ya, I want it too.....gees I feel like a kid a christmas. hey will there be any provisions for nextel? like for the walkie talkie button? Im sure you dont know yet but oh well figured I'd ask.

SoCadillac
04-21-06, 12:12 PM
Last I read, Reed was quitting his daytime job to place all his emphasis on bringing Bluetooth to us. Looks like he hasn't quit yet. ;)

Patience V-boys, patience.

ctsvett
04-21-06, 12:56 PM
checking... I am waiting for this too...

Reed

GOTTSPD
04-21-06, 04:14 PM
If I was patient, I wouldn't need a 400HP car to zoom around in!! :)

V-Smooth
04-21-06, 04:28 PM
No patience here, I agree with ya GOTTSPD. :annoyed:

GM needs to get their ass in gear and put Btooth in the V's (for that matter all other high-end GM cars) should be in there in the first place.

My dealership gave a '06 300-Hemi loaner becuase they were out of Caddy loaners (what does that say?!) and it had Btooth capability...I was pissed...

BTW, the interior in the 300 was TRASH, and some say the V interior is lacking...

ctsvett
04-21-06, 05:27 PM
connectors arent done yet... the onstar integration is coming... hold tight

Reed

dqw1
04-21-06, 07:26 PM
Can't wait to see this come about and Stealth's next intake. Can't wait for May.:highfive:

txcadvette
04-21-06, 09:03 PM
Checking on a unit by Parrot next week. Is this integrated solution really going to happen?

SoCadillac
04-22-06, 12:54 AM
Checking on a unit by Parrot next week. Is this integrated solution really going to happen?
Reed has been working on this in the background, and his work with http://www.radiosandmore.com/ will lead to a factory-like integration for CTS owners. Why jump ship?

ctsvett
04-24-06, 12:11 AM
a version of a kit is available now, but not yet for our car.. we are waiting for the right kit with FULL integration. The onstar piece is a few weeks out I guess.. I should have more info next week.

Reed

cjones
05-01-06, 04:27 PM
Any update on the bluetooth kit? Thanks for the work on this, I can't wait to have it working.

nikon
05-01-06, 04:48 PM
a version of a kit is available now, but not yet for our car.. we are waiting for the right kit with FULL integration. The onstar piece is a few weeks out I guess.. I should have more info next week.

Reed

WOOHOO!

ctsvett
05-01-06, 08:24 PM
I should have a version of the kit this week to test... it will still be a few weeks though...

Reed

nikon
05-02-06, 11:32 AM
I should have a version of the kit this week to test... it will still be a few weeks though...

Reed

WOOHOO!!!

James Baldwin
05-02-06, 12:16 PM
WOOHOO!!!

I second that:thumbsup:

SoCadillac
05-02-06, 01:04 PM
Reed,

Thanks for all the work you've personally put into this so that we can all benefit.

thefly
05-02-06, 01:41 PM

Reed

can you post who makes it so i can see if it has the features i need? i am looking at the telphone 4000. since our cars don't have any built voice commands, other than needing another microphone i want to see if the built will be worth it...

onemilesmile
05-08-06, 05:12 PM
Any update on the bluetooth system??

ctsvett
05-08-06, 05:19 PM
didnt receive it yet.. I will check again...

Patience is tough, I know, but we are going to get it right before releasing it so we dont have unknown issues like the iPod kits (and then radiosandmore need to worry about returns)

Reed

ssvette
05-09-06, 11:19 AM
What functionality will this kit provide?

ChicagoCTS32
05-15-06, 10:56 PM
Been about a week... any updates Reed? And maybe you can answer ssvette's question about functionality.

Muchas Gracias.

ctsvett
05-15-06, 11:24 PM
no updates..

Functionality will be integration into the current system..

Bottom line, there is no kit I know of out there that will automatically mute/pause/quiet the radio in our cars. the reason: the system was made for onstar and no "mute" wire was built in (short sighted on GMs part). The expectations that I have for the kit will be that my phone will operate via bluetooth (no connections), use the existing microphone (from onstar- this is not necessary since that microphone sucks anyway), use the existing speakers in the car, mute the radio (or pause the CD) and offer me some way to initiate a call (best case would be by using he onstar buttons since I dont have onstar). I think this will allow one to keep onstar if they want and use this kit in addition.

something like this: www.uhltronics.com

I dont know how much of the above kit will work, but it would all be nice. We will see when I get one...

Reed

dqw1
05-16-06, 12:23 PM
Reed, need your best guess here: my Onstar expires later this month and I'm debating on the renewal. When the Bluetooth comes on line does Onstar need to be active or will this be a stand alone system?

ctsvett
05-16-06, 06:49 PM
You will NOT need to have an active onstar subscription....

That is a deal killer for me and LOTS of people. The idea is that this kit would be a replacement for onstar, but some people might choose to keep the blue button so it should also work if you DO subscribe to onstar.

Reed

dqw1
05-16-06, 07:04 PM
Thank you sir, I still want BlueTooth.

ahahnu
05-16-06, 08:29 PM
Patience is tough, I know, but we are going to get it right before releasing it so we dont have unknown issues like the iPod kits (and then radiosandmore need to worry about returns)

What does this mean? I was planning to add this to my ride this summer.

GOTTSPD
06-20-06, 02:31 PM
Any word Reed?

ctsvett
06-20-06, 09:05 PM
installing this week and testing... I think it will be a month or so out..

Again, trying to get it right the first time.

Reed

v-ape
07-05-06, 04:28 PM
installing this week and testing... I think it will be a month or so out..

Again, trying to get it right the first time.

Reed

How did the testing go? Any comments or questions for us?

ctsvett
07-05-06, 04:57 PM
testing now... it works very well.. I had some issues initially, but it turned out to be my phone (damn treo needed a hard reset to work BT correctly)....

Anyway, the testing is going well. Radios and more will be developing the kit and they will have more details as we move forward.

The integration here is very cool (the car thinks the kit is onstar- and mutes the radio/ pauses the CD).

Stay tuned!

Reed

TagApl4
07-05-06, 06:13 PM
Sounds great :2thumbs:

alcast082
07-05-06, 07:40 PM
sweeet

nikon
07-05-06, 09:25 PM
awesome, finally some real results....I cant wait...is voice dialing working??? or no, as in you say the name if the phone is programmed for it and it dials....

GOTTSPD
07-05-06, 09:38 PM
Great news Reed!

Can you tell us a bit about the install? How hard was it to install the parts? How long did it take? Does it use the onstar mic? Was it a plug and play or was there more involved wiring required?

v-ape
07-05-06, 09:52 PM
testing now... it works very well.. I had some issues initially, but it turned out to be my phone (damn treo needed a hard reset to work BT correctly)....

Anyway, the testing is going well. Radios and more will be developing the kit and they will have more details as we move forward.

The integration here is very cool (the car thinks the kit is onstar- and mutes the radio/ pauses the CD).

Stay tuned!

Reed

Very cool. Thanks!

Staxxin
07-05-06, 10:01 PM
I can't wait!!!

ctsvett
07-05-06, 10:57 PM
gotta use the mic that comes with the kit- it will sound better anyway.

Voicedialing will work, if your phone supports it.

Installation was not too difficult. I would probably give it a 6 on the "wrench" scale. You need to be ok with electrical because you will need to supply the kit with power and you will need to splice two wires. The 3m splice adapters make this VERY easy, but having crimped something before will make this much easier. The rest of the kit though, is plug and play.

stay tuned for more details about the installation.

Reed

GOTTSPD
07-06-06, 01:48 PM
gotta use the mic that comes with the kit- it will sound better anyway.

where did you mount the mic?

Voicedialing will work, if your phone supports it.

You said you have a Treo, right? Does the Treo support this w/out add'l software?

Installation was not too difficult. I would probably give it a 6 on the "wrench" scale. You need to be ok with electrical because you will need to supply the kit with power and you will need to splice two wires. The 3m splice adapters make this VERY easy, but having crimped something before will make this much easier. The rest of the kit though, is plug and play.

A 6, huh? What's a standard stereo install? I am pretty comfortable with one of those... Splicing shouldn't be too much of a problem for most of us here. Do you have to pull the stereo/nav screen out? How much of the dash has to come out?

You mentioned that you had to do a hard reset on your Treo. A hard is where you wipe it clean, is that what you had to do?

Finally, any inkling as to what the cost might be? Are we talking $50, $250 or $500?

jyellowmomo
07-06-06, 02:08 PM
Is this really for CTS only? Also, any plans to support 2007 systems?
Thanks,
Jim

SoCadillac
07-06-06, 02:11 PM
Reed,

I am anxious to hear this kit and how you activate it. Are you willing to give the SoCal group a demonstration at the D3 meet?

Glad to have something to replace the utterly useless OnStar, and my thanks to OnStar for providing us with the buttons for the new bluetooth gig.

v-ape
07-06-06, 02:47 PM
Is this really for CTS only? Also, any plans to support 2007 systems?
Thanks,
Jim

I would assume it would work in any OnStar car... but we all know what assuming does...

ctsvett
07-06-06, 09:21 PM
I will give everyone a demo at the meet... Its installed in my car and hard to hide (hahah)...

it DOES NOT use the onstar buttons... just to make that clear. You need to mount a small control pad somewhere (I chose the empty spot above a cup holder for now).

Its activated by the control pad or when you get an incoming call...

Its working pretty well for me now that I am back in town and can use it. GM needs to offer this as a dealer accessory in my opinion.

One downside for some, I did need to disconnect onstar (actually it has been disconnected). I think a kit coming out later may support onstar, but I dont use it, so I dont care. If you had a cell phone integrated, would you want to keep onstar only to have another number and pay $10/ month (to verizon) plus $26/ month (to onstar)?

Reed

ChicagoCTS32
07-06-06, 10:29 PM
Price point estimate? Still up in the air?

v-ape
07-06-06, 10:39 PM
I would only want OnStar for the emergency help it automatically gives if you get in an accident. If you disconnect it, I suppose it stops the ambulance from coming?

ChicagoCTS32
07-06-06, 11:16 PM
ape, if you don't have it activated (pay the $$$), it doesn't alert emergency services.

SoCadillac
07-07-06, 01:04 AM
I figure when I do an airborne barrel roll, as in Transporter 2, and a crane hook accidentally dislodges my OnStar antenna, it will make no difference whether OnStar alerts the authorities or not.

SoCadillac
07-07-06, 02:35 AM
I will give everyone a demo at the meet... Its installed in my car and hard to hide (hahah)...
Reed,

Can we call Urby on it and rub it in that he's missing a helluva a meet?

:duck: :spin:

GOTTSPD
07-07-06, 11:41 AM
Reed, have they given you any idea as to cost?

ctsvett
07-07-06, 12:56 PM
no word on cost..

I will rub it in urby's face.. HAHAHA but then he is going to make me drive to vegas to have a beer with him.

Reed

SoCadillac
07-07-06, 02:03 PM
Don't miss the Annual Las Vegas UrbyVfest & Beer Run!

TagApl4
07-07-06, 02:53 PM
Don't miss the Annual Las Vegas UrbyVfest & Beer Run!
Born and raised in Vegas, so next time u head out there let me know and I'll buy the second round.:cheers:

V-SATX
07-09-06, 06:40 PM
Reed,

Any problems yet? Can you provide a link to order?

Thanx Bud.

ctsvett
07-09-06, 07:27 PM
testing is going along... No link to order yet... I will ask radios this week.

Reed

ahahnu
07-11-06, 12:08 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I would have to assume this will work with the ipod kit when it comes out?

ctsvett
07-11-06, 01:26 AM
yes.. this is independant of the ipod kit... if you have it, it actually makes the install easier..

Reed

GOTTSPD
07-20-06, 04:34 PM
the nine day bump......... Reed, how are you liking the kit? Any word on when it'll be released or price?

V-SATX
07-20-06, 08:38 PM
I can't wait!!:crybaby:

JOEYCTS-V
07-20-06, 10:06 PM
Do you have any pics of the control pad?

ctsvett
07-21-06, 02:07 AM
I showed a few guys at the meet...

The car is in the shop right now (I getting PART of a diff- will find out more details tomorrow)... However, the kit is working VERY well and is SERIOULSY amazing... With my new phone, my old wired kit wouldnt work (the wired kit was not integrated)... now with the new Bluetooth kit, it comes though the radio, works wirelessly, mutes the radio/pauses and works very well..

I will take some pictures when I get my car back..

One benifit of the fourms is that you get information early and understand what is in development (see Ground control thread) for the V. However, knowing what it in development and having a product ready are two separate things and MUCH needs to happen before you can launch a working product. We saw that with the "old" ipod kit where the kit came out and had some subtle issues...

This time, it is going to be done right. Being done right may take some time... On the order of 2 months or so, but I cant be sure.

I promise that the wait will be worth it...

Reed

V-SATX
07-21-06, 09:04 AM
Thanks again Reed we appreciate your inputs as usual.

jyellowmomo
07-21-06, 12:09 PM
Reed,
This all sounds great, but will you also be working on one for the '07 Escalades?
Thanks,
Jim

BadCad
07-21-06, 06:39 PM
Reed gave me a demo on the system - well worth the wait, trust me on this. You want it to work correctly whe you get it and when it's available, it's definitely a must-have mod, especially with all the legislative talk about oulawing cell phones conversations when driving.

GOTTSPD
09-26-06, 05:45 PM
Starting to doubt that this product will ever come to market. In April when I posted this, I thought we were close. If they can get it right and sell it for a reasonable price, great, if not, well, so be it...

Kurlee Daddee
09-27-06, 09:14 AM
I would also be interested in adding blue tooth to my ride. California just signed the bill outlawing the use of a cell phone while driving. We need this product to come out.

V-SATX
09-28-06, 08:31 AM
Reed, any updates yet? Thank you in advance.:stirpot: