Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Newbie to the sts-v

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  baller95 
#1 ·
hello everyone,
picked up a sts-v about a week ago needs some tlc but Im not worried about it. I do have a few questions though.

The passenger front door does not open from the outside anyone know what parts I need.

car has check engine light on showing all o2 sensors are bad? is that normal

when I first got the car the coolant for the supercharger was empty/ low

thanks in advance

#3 ·
Door could be door lock actuator. Mine went bad yesterday.$210 plus labor at dealer.$136-$150 from online gm part places.i think mine is covered under gmpp warranty, almost up to $8,000 in warranty. Ill have dealer fix it when I take it in for fuel pump whenever they get the parts in.

#5 ·
Be advised that the first set of O2 sensors run the engine management. You cannot delete those. The aft ones can be deleted, but the computer also has to be programmed not to read them, otherwise you'll get a message on the DIC every start-up. If your cats are clogged up, after you gut 'em, clean those forward sensors!

The best way to cat delete, BTW, is with a set of TC-Fab stainless headers made by "TimmyC" specifically for the "V" on this site. I got 'em myself, Jet-Hot coated them, and they sound fabulous, while keeping underhood temps lower. These delete the cat altogether, and attach right to the leader pipe. They are, how do you say, the T!TS...

#6 ·
I would never delete my down stream o2s they are crucial for tuning and the rear ones can go and I will add a wide band in its place for fuel/air ratio. I plan on getting his headers but waiting till I fix all minor issues before dropping money. car is bone stock right now but not for long

#9 ·
You're not "deleting" the downstream HO2S's. You're changing the class of DTC code from a type "A" emissions compliance issue, to type "D" or other that won't trigger an emissions flag and command the CEL on. It'll still flag in the system, just as an informational type code like your satellite radio not working...

If you were physically removing the converters, then I would recommend this, but if not, just get the S2 HO2S's fixed. I don't get why people end up spending more money to try and circumvent things rather then just fixing it right to begin with.

#11 ·
I agree with everything except I would bet that the converter(s) are bad and replacing the O2 sensors will not fix anything. These cars and the standard STSs have longstanding issues with converter life.

If you want to maintain the converters you have to replace the manifolds with new ones or Magnaflow aftermarkets. The cats are welded to the manifolds. You can't easily remove them. You can knock the guts out or buy my headers if you want to get rid of them. Either of the catless options require that you "delete" the codes.

Each O2 sensor will set it's own code; there is no "all O2s are bad" code. You need more accurate information before you can make an informed decision.

#12 ·
In proper GM diagnostic flowchart, determining if the S2's are not properly functioning and throwing slow response or another code and R&R'ing them comes before replacing the converters. Converters are usually one of the last steps, and usually PCM replacement is the absolute last.

Converters may be an issue on these cars, but always start simple first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.