: AC Compressor bypass

SupaStealth
04-21-06, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone, i've been having some problems with my AC Compressor, either the clutch is locked up and/or the internals of the compressor are locked up, causing my car to not want to turn over, so my question is has anyone ran a shorter serpentine belt to bypass (for now) the AC clutch? and if so, could you share the length of the belt needed. otherwise i'll just go measure it, but its kind of a pain to work around there.

-Joe

Loose screw
04-21-06, 11:14 AM
Just disconnect the AC clutch wires. But the clutch doesn't engage while starting, it waits a few seconds. You can test if it is an AC problem - you can start the engine without the belt on and the engine will run fine (I have done it) and for a long time, until your battery goes dead. But take the belt all the way off!

SupaStealth
04-21-06, 11:18 AM
i already disconnected the wires to both the clutch and compressor, it still does it. like i said, something is seized up in there. but yeah, i'll have to take the belt off all the way and see if that works.

Loose screw
04-21-06, 11:58 AM
deleted

SupaStealth
04-21-06, 05:36 PM
eh, i found it out myself i guess, for anyone looking to do it themself for reference, the belt is 8.5-8.75" shorter than the factory belt.

pimpjuice01
05-14-06, 07:23 PM
MY AC is making a strange rattling sound, like groaning on low RPM's... the AC is completely empty also, I think the bearing are going so I wanted to bypass my AC also. so is that 8.5-8.75 shorter for any northstar engine mine is 93 N

caddyrider
05-17-06, 02:48 AM
yep im havin the same problem

clarkz71
05-18-06, 05:53 AM
For the N* the compressor bypass belt is a 6K750.