: 2008 CTS Spy Shots

mallettv
04-21-06, 01:52 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=110105#7

DarkKnight
04-21-06, 02:17 AM
I like what I see so far. I wonder how long till the V is out.

kali_cts03
04-21-06, 02:22 AM
I like what I see so far. I wonder how long till the V is out.

This is the info on the V!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=109332

ctsvett
04-21-06, 02:52 AM
higher res pictures here:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/2008/

Notice the interior on the car is THE SAME as the one in the Bob lutz clip (look at the door panel)... That IS the new interior that bob was walking around...

Reed

ctsvett
04-21-06, 02:58 AM
few other things:

1: Assume its a V6 since it has 5 lug wheels...

2: XM/ onstar antenna is the same one on the 05/06

3: LED rear brake lights...

4: Gas flap on the left side (V its on the right)

5: DRLs are in the mail capsule now (yellow lights)

interesting...

Reed

kali_cts03
04-21-06, 03:08 AM
higher res pictures here:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/2008/

Notice the interior on the car is THE SAME as the one in the Bob lutz clip (look at the door panel)... That IS the new interior that bob was walking around...

Reed

Reed, there were 3 more shot of the CTS on that page, you should get those in high res as well if you can, I posted all 5 on the CTS forum from the article but only the shots they had... :thumbsup: It's looking good!!!

ctsvett
04-21-06, 03:13 AM
got em thanks for posting.. I didnt know they existed...

I dont think I am going to like the fron seat headrests.. they do not look comfortable to me... See pic 3

Reed

ctsvett
04-21-06, 03:16 AM
Also note it DOES NOT have the slim rear lights as the bob lutz clip showed..

Reed

kali_cts03
04-21-06, 03:22 AM

Reed

I think in the article it said that what he was walking around was not yet a working model, and this one obviously is.... so most likely they have updated some stuff between the 2 :hmm:

g50
04-21-06, 11:04 AM
few other things:
4: Gas flap on the left side (V its on the right)
Reed
I thought the same thing at first, but then noticed that the cover was on both sides.

Dooman
04-21-06, 11:21 AM
I do like it!

V-Smooth
04-21-06, 04:10 PM
To be honest, I'm not liking what I'm seeing...:yawn:

L.Sanchez
04-21-06, 06:48 PM
Well, I am! You can't tell me you don't like that interior! MUCH nicer than what we have now. Stick some lower bodywork and bigger wheels and tires on it and throw in an LS7!? <faints>

Ladis

lasstss
04-21-06, 09:43 PM
I think the trunk dissappeared!

VELOSE
04-22-06, 12:01 AM
I've recently been considering cars that are available and some that are definitely coming to the U.S. The new Audi RS4, M3 V8 Sedan, and possibly the M5 for my next car.

I need to payoff my current V. Then I'll buy something else to join it in the garage.

If my assumptions are correct, I'll fall prey to the V again. I already like the new look if it's the pics above. The interior already shows to be superior over our current V. Now the one thing to sell me is how good will the V be? Will it surpass the performance of the current V? Will they go soft with the next V? I can't tell you which one I prefer because, whichever one does happen, will solidify my decision of V or no V.

Thanks for the glimpse.:D

Barak
04-22-06, 02:34 PM

Reed

I don't think both cars were the new CTS. The headlights also look different even through the camo.

CVP33
04-22-06, 04:38 PM
If that thing comes in with 500hp and a revised rear diff, I'm back in a heartbeat! :thumbsup:

VELOSE
04-22-06, 10:33 PM
Come back Chris. Stop hanging out with those that don't enjoy your e-thugness.:thumbsup:

Terran
05-17-06, 03:34 PM
I don't think both cars were the new CTS. The headlights also look different even through the camo.

I don't think they're both CTS's, either. Look how much 'wider' the headlights in the camo'd spyshots look! Not to mention the positioning of the lamps (in the camo'd shots)! The question is, which IS the CTS (if either)? If the car from the Lutz clip isn't a CTS, what IS it? New concept/showcar? To me, all of the other caddies are too new to be showing a full-scale, physical prototype of a redesign.

Do we even know the actual date those spy shots were taken vs when the Lutz video was recorded?

Personally, I hope the Lutz clip is the CTS. Those headlights and the grille are gorgeous! The draped spyshots are ho-hum.

fast66
05-21-06, 06:22 PM
I thought it was an infinity at first. Then I thought, maybe its a mercedes.

It sure doesnt look like a cadillac.
I would rather have the current model.

chiro444
05-22-06, 12:09 AM
On the interior shot of the camo vehicle, it's hard to see but it looks like the new CTS may get the same obnoxious release for the e-brake that we have now. Besides that, I like what I'm seeing.

70eldo
05-30-06, 05:50 AM
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots/Spy_Shots_2008_Cadillac_CTS.S178.A10316.html