: Is this a good deal?

My_favorite_Brougham
04-20-06, 10:57 PM
Take a look at the item I found on eBay which stopped at less than $1500. A 1990 d'Elegance with 50K mi, astroroof, alarm, 5.7L, and continential package. What would a collector pay for this mint beauty here? Would it have been worthwhile to get it down here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-Cadillac-Brougham-dElegance-MUST-SEE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34212QQitemZ8056364 031QQrdZ1

http://i10.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/da/8f/1a_1_b.JPG

brougham_geezer
04-20-06, 11:33 PM
That car is located very very close to me indeed, and I had no idea. My grandmother is from Amherst, so maybe I should check that out. Looks very nice, and that moonroof would be sweet.

caddycruiser
04-21-06, 12:18 AM
That thing is DEFINATELY worth a lot more than that, and probably sold to someone with a higher offer. I'd say $5k at the BARE minimum...but likely more due to the year, options, and miles.

N0DIH
04-21-06, 04:23 PM
That is a sharp one, I still like the classic body of these FWs!

Weren't all 5.7's in 1990 V92 Towing Package cars?

caddycruiser
04-21-06, 05:54 PM
That is a sharp one, I still like the classic body of these FWs!

Weren't all 5.7's in 1990 V92 Towing Package cars?

Yep, I think so. Here's a quote from Consumer Auto Guide:

At 221 inches overall, the 4-door Brougham sedan ranked as the longest car built in the United States--an inch longer than the Lincoln Town Car, which was redesigned for 1990. That year, a fuel-injected 5.7-liter V8 became available, rated at 175 horsepower, as an alternative to the standard carbureted 5.0-liter engine. Antilock braking also arrived for 1990, as standard equipment. Broughams earned revised exterior styling, though the changes were not dramatic. New standard features included an electronic instrument cluster, rear-window defogger, and black walnut burl interior trim.

Year-to-Year Changes

1991 Cadillac Brougham: A more powerful standard V8 that added fuel injection went into this season's Broughams. Meanwhile, the optional 5.7-liter V8, which was attracting plenty of buyers, gained 10 horsepower. A new electronically controlled variable-assist power-steering system increased steering effort gradually above 20 miles per hour. Broughams also got firmer springs and new deflected-disc shock absorbers.

1992 Cadillac Brougham: Towing capacity grew by a ton this year, to a whopping 7000 pounds. The optional towing package included the 5.7-liter V8, a 3.73:1 axle ratio (versus standard 3.08:1 ratio), higher-rate springs, limited-slip differential, heavy-duty rear drum brakes, and an auxiliary engine-oil cooler. A new full-size sedan, named Fleetwood, replaced the Brougham for 1993.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-21-06, 05:59 PM
You bought that for $1500?

In a private market, I'd expect to pay around $8000 for that!

caddycruiser
04-21-06, 06:56 PM
You bought that for $1500?

In a private market, I'd expect to pay around $8000 for that!

No...he just found the auction showing that it closed under $1500 (likely due to a higher cash offer), and was wondering how much it might truthfully be worth.

My_favorite_Brougham
04-21-06, 08:17 PM
Well, if you think that is a nice car check out this 92 Brougham with just 600 miles on it!! It even has the factory packaging around the steering wheel! It was recently on eBay for $35,000, but it didn't sell.

http://www.mcsmk8.com/92-CAD/92CAD.html

Then there's a mint 1980 FW with the Astroroof:

http://www.mcsmk8.com/80CAD-500/MAVICA.HTM

Both are very beautiful in my opinion - you really should take a look!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-21-06, 08:22 PM
Then there's a mint 1980 FW with the Astroroof:

http://www.mcsmk8.com/80CAD-500/MAVICA.HTM

That '80 also has the 1970 400hp 8.2 in 'er.

scurling
04-22-06, 12:24 AM
This isn't quite a collectors item yet in the mind of the general public. That's why guys like us should be al over these cars when they go for sale. They can be in mint condition and the price will be very reasonable. Give it another 5 to 10 years and I think the price will be outragous.

The best part in finding a car in such great condition is in the coming years, people will be spending big bucks to restore these babies. The nicer they are now, the cheaper they will be in the near future to prepare for selling condition.

caddycruiser
04-22-06, 08:38 AM
This isn't quite a collectors item yet in the mind of the general public. That's why guys like us should be al over these cars when they go for sale. They can be in mint condition and the price will be very reasonable. Give it another 5 to 10 years and I think the price will be outragous.

The best part in finding a car in such great condition is in the coming years, people will be spending big bucks to restore these babies. The nicer they are now, the cheaper they will be in the near future to prepare for selling condition.

That's what I'm starting to think too. Actually, lately, I've been wondering what you'll be able to find in terms of the Fleetwood/Roadmaster/Impala SS crowd in about 10 years...then they'll have hit the 20+ year old mark, and I can't imagine there being a whole lot of mint, low mileage, or even cheap examples to be found.

Yet another reason I'm glad I found my '95 when I did:thumbsup:...it still doesn't come off as a true "classic", but I have a feeling it very soon will.

Or, maybe not. Anyone else thinking about what the newer '93-96 models might be doing, as far as the market, in years to come??

caddieboy
04-22-06, 03:30 PM
Yet another reason I'm glad I found my '95 when I did:thumbsup:...it still doesn't come off as a true "classic", but I have a feeling it very soon will.

I personally feel that ALL pre-plastic big bodied Cadillacs will be destined to become classics.

That '90 is something sweet! I imagine the reason the bids were low is because most people are scared of the boarder and import/exporting from Canada. It was a lot of work buying and importing my wheels from the States, but worth it because I REALLY wanted the car. Depends on how much work you're willing to do to fly with it.

HashiriyaS14
04-25-06, 12:36 PM
Jesus, Mary & Joseph, that is a gorgeous automobile.

I'm not generally big into these, my interest is generally more limited to the LT1 Fleets, but gawd, that's beautiful. I'd drive that any (or every) day of the week.