Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Starts Hard When Warm. 2006 STS-V

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  baller95 
#1 ·
Dear All

I own a STS-V 2006 with arround 75k miles upon it. it has a problem. when its parked for long duration like for a day or so it starts up fine. and when you turn it off warm and start it up after a few mins or so it cranks long and starts up with some black smoke from the tail pipes. i have changed the fuel filter/regulator and have a new pump and cannister this problem exists before i got all these things . has anyone experienced this problem before please help

#5 ·
Some cars have the regulator in the tank, some have it in the fuel filter. If your car has the regulator in the tank and you install a filter with a regulator in it you'll have excessive fuel pressure and the car will run very rich. That's why I suggested checking the fuel pressure.

#6 ·
Is there any way to tell in advance what set-up you have? is it year, serial number specific? how does a dealer know which filter to replace in your car if you take it in to be done?

I am gradually fixing and doing maintenance on mine, oil change&fuel filter are on the list for the next few months.. Been putting off the fuel filter to maybe have done when I go in for the recall, but who knows when that will be.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.