: Goodyear Tire Warranty?

BADAZGN
04-20-06, 07:41 PM
Is this something that the dealer will honor or is this something that has to be done at a goodyear location. Is there a code or something I should mention when I go? Thanks
'
Matthew

KILR CAD
04-22-06, 10:12 PM
If you call Goodyear Customer service they will give you a credit based on how many miles you have on the tires and how they are worn out, I just went to America's Tire and told them, they called for me and got me a 75% discount (I had 7000 miles on the old tires) on the next set of Goodyear or Dunlop tires, I bought the GS D3's for $330 installed, balanced and out the door.
P.S. I will buy Kumho MX's next time, GS D3's are not that sticky

rand49er
04-23-06, 12:50 PM
If you call Goodyear Customer service they will give you a credit based on how many miles you have on the tires and how they are worn out, I just went to America's Tire and told them, they called for me and got me a 75% discount (I had 7000 miles on the old tires) on the next set of Goodyear or Dunlop tires, I bought the GS D3's for $330 installed, balanced and out the door.
P.S. I will buy Kumho MX's next time, GS D3's are not that stickyYeah that.

I actually did my deal thru the "contact us" portal on their website. I had just over 14k on my runflats, got the reference no. emailed to me, had the dealer measure the tread depth, put another 1k on 'em waiting for my new ones to be received, and the new G3-DSs cost me $440 out the door. I figured that had I ordered them from Tirerack, paid shipping and mounting costs, it would have been close to a G, so I'm looking at about a $550 savings. Of course, original tires should have lasted a whole bunch longer than 15k!!!!!!!!

BADAZGN
04-23-06, 07:27 PM
Thanks, I will give it a try!:thumbsup:

Matthew

1fstkde
04-24-06, 03:04 PM
i called customer service told them my situation, they said bring it to just tires...so i did, two of my tires are 2/32 and the other two barely 4/32 with 8k miles on them..and heres the kicker..they said they only could give me a rebate for two tires only because they guy at just tires said it looks like alignment problems with the other two!!:rant2: :want: .....are you kidding me!! on a new car...??? f. goodyear, they just lost a customer for life!!

c4racer
04-24-06, 03:34 PM
smart move on their part, eh?:thepan:

GT04CTS-V
04-24-06, 05:11 PM
i called customer service told them my situation, they said bring it to just tires...so i did, two of my tires are 2/32 and the other two barely 4/32 with 8k miles on them..and heres the kicker..they said they only could give me a rebate for two tires only because they guy at just tires said it looks like alignment problems with the other two!!:rant2: :want: .....are you kidding me!! on a new car...??? f. goodyear, they just lost a customer for life!!

The did the same thing to me. So I rotated the tires and put the good ones on the back. Then did some burnouts, and took the car to another Goodyear dealer. Ended up getting a credit for all four tires. :bouncy:

GT

1fstkde
04-25-06, 12:17 PM
The did the same thing to me. So I rotated the tires and put the good ones on the back. Then did some burnouts, and took the car to another Goodyear dealer. Ended up getting a credit for all four tires. :bouncy:

GT i like that!!!!:thumbsup:

BeastMaster
04-25-06, 05:55 PM
Had 11,000 miles on my run flats - Replaced with G3-DSs - zero $$ out the door , balanced and mounted.

TampaV
05-09-06, 04:49 PM
Well, I just went through the process with my local Goodyear store. Some good, some bad, but I think it'll all work out in the end. Dropped the car off this morning. They called me to tell me Goodyear authorized credit on my 9,970 mile Run Flats that were down to the wear bars and that my out of pocket cost for 4 GS D3's mounted and balanced will be $3.78 total. That's the good part.

Here's the rest of the story. When I talked to them, I said go ahead and put the GS D3's on the wheels, but I was concerned about potential wheel damage. I asked them if they had a top of the line wheel machine that had no metal to wheel contact. They assured me that the machine was a good one and used a nylon roller to push the tire off the rim and that their intaller guy was certified on EMT tire unmounting and mounting. Great, I said. When can I pick it up?

Two hours later I get a call from them asking if it's okay for me to get the car tomorrow because they had a little trouble with the first one. They were able to do it, but they made a little smudge on the edge of the rim and they want to send the rest of them to another shop that has a better tire machine. I asked what kind of a little smudge??? They assured me it wasn't a big deal, but they just wanted to make sure they didn't run into any more problems on the other three. I told them if the paint was cracked I didn't want them to try to repair it. They should just call the Cadillac dealer and get a new one.

So, I decided to go over to the Goodyear store to investigate further. When I got there I talked to another guy who was the shop foreman. He said, well, the tire machine had a hard time with the stiff sidewall of the Run Flat and the first rim has some damage. It cracked the paint. They took it over to a company called Transwheel who straightens and refinishes wheels and they are going to fix it but it will be a 5 day turnaround. At this point I called BS and said you're not repainting my wheel. I told them, you better call the Cadillac dealer right now and get me a new wheel. They said they would do that, but would have to see if they had one or had to order one. Sounds fine with me.

Then I had an idea. I thought, you know, I need a spare anyway since I'm going with a non-runflat GS D3. So I said why don't you guys just give me the scratched wheel and I'll have you mount one of the old Run Flats on that rim and it will become my spare. So, I think that's what they're going to do.

I think I'm ultimately just as happy. I get 4 new GS D3's for $3.78 and a free spare wheel with a used Run Flat. Not too bad after all.

ajedwardsjr
05-10-06, 05:35 AM
I don't think that this dealer is just going to "give" you the wheel that they damaged. It will have a high salvage value to them, repainted. But, I agree that it would be great if they did. I just don't think it's too likely. Also, I am pretty sure that Goodyear is going to want all four of your run-flats back - at least that was the deal offered to me. Let us all know,though, if you get the deal you are asking for.

TampaV
05-10-06, 02:48 PM
I don't think that this dealer is just going to "give" you the wheel that they damaged. It will have a high salvage value to them, repainted. But, I agree that it would be great if they did. I just don't think it's too likely. Also, I am pretty sure that Goodyear is going to want all four of your run-flats back - at least that was the deal offered to me. Let us all know,though, if you get the deal you are asking for.

Well, get ready to be surprised. I went to the Goodyear store at lunch time today and they had the brand new Cadillac wheel still in the GM shipping carton. They opened the box and showed it to me along with the invoice from my dealer. It cost them $536.21. I called the dealer this morning and the Parts Manager told me it lists for $750.00 but he would work with the Goodyear store on the price to minimize their pain. Goodyear bought it and went to pick it up before I got there at lunch. I am surprised and pleased with the way they've handled this.

They also showed me the wheel that they damaged. It was certainly much more than a smudge. The outer rim has one pretty good sized gouge and then about half of the edge of the rim is missing the paint. They have agreed to give me the wheel as is, free and mount the best of my Run Flats on the wheel to use as my spare. They were even going to still send it out for repair and eat that cost, but I told them that wasn't necessary since I am only going to use it as a spare. They told me it was going to cost them $150 to have it repaired.

They then asked if I would like to put road hazard warranty coverage on the new GS D3's for $30 each. I felt so bad about all of their problems and expense that I said, sure go ahead and put the road hazard on them.

So, I have to hand it to Goodyear on this one. I now have a new set of GS D3's, with Road Hazard Warranty and a slightly damaged stock wheel with an F1 EMT as a spare. The whole deal cost me $120.

NH Vrod
05-10-06, 05:50 PM
To keep it short, GM has replaced 4 tires and 2 rims, on my V, they damaged the rims, replaced with new. 2 of the tires were out of spec (round) and the other 2 were bald after 5000 miles.
I felt pretty good about that.

ajedwardsjr
05-10-06, 08:41 PM
Wow! Great negotiating job. Next up for you, then, will be to get in touch with my ex-wife's lawyer...

TampaV
05-10-06, 09:13 PM
Wow! Great negotiating job. Next up for you, then, will be to get in touch with my ex-wife's lawyer...

Thanks. As my daytime job, I'm a Purchasing Director for my company. I like the negotiating game... And I'm pretty good at it.